“Nice hotel, friendly staff, central location - all good - nothing exceptional...”

The Roosevelt Hotel
Ranked #41 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Very centrally located, old building, lovely lobby to wait for your shuttle, friendly staff - the airlines seem to use this hotel to put up all their crew - nice large bedroom, generally clean, albeit a bit threadbare in places, but small bathroom - I think our bathroom on the cruise ship was bigger! The big screen TV was nice, beds very very comfortable; it was a bit odd to have a sink in the bedroom but no mirror! There is no safe in the room, but safety deposit boxes are available. All in all, good value, central location...nice staff...fitted our purpose of a 2 day stay after a cruise...

Only main negative for me - had been looking forward to having a bath, with my newly bought LUSH products and I found a few hairs, that were not mine in the tub - totally creeped me out and did not have a bath after all...also it is surrounded by really tall buildings, although we were on the 10th floor, it was kinda dark, not much of a view except city streets below, and not much sky!

Within a few blocks, there are movie theaters, malls, Sephora, Macy's, and tons of restaurants/Starbucks and about a fifteen minute walk away is the water front, where they have the Aquarium, cruise terminal, Great Wheel, Pike's Market etc....

By the way, if you like art, on the steps leading down from Pike's to the waterfront, there is a small stall selling original art work on silk - very reasonable prices - $10 for about a 10x12 - already matted - the artist is Vietnamese - his use of colors is captivating, and depicts mostly evocative scenes from his homeland - makes me want to visit...

As other reviewers have said, there are many homeless people and dodgy looking people all over downtown - rather creepy at night - I was never harmed, but the sheer number of people begging was rather off-putting - more congestion than any other city I have visited - including Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York, Boston, London, New Orleans - to name a few...

Room Tip: even on the 10th floor, we were dwarfed by the taller, newer buildings around....go as high as you c...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Brandon B, Manager at The Roosevelt Hotel, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for your detailed feedback. We are so pleased to read you enjoyed your trip to Seattle and our convenient location. Most importantly, we appreciate your compliments about our service. Thank you for providing us with feedback.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I found my room fairly clean and the bed was very comfortable. Free Wifi was a great service for me and I was able to work with my laptop on the desk in the room. The location was excellent and I was able to walk to many of the Seattle attractions. The hotel was also the cheapest of reasonable choices that I found in the downtown area. I recommend this hotel to others travelling for personal or business reasons.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Coast Hotels

Thanks for your review! We pride ourselves on providing guests with an amazing experience at amazing rates, and I’m happy to hear you appreciated that. I hope you will stay with us again in the future.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 5 June 2014

If you were not going to spend a lot of time in a hotel but still wanted a place that had adequate business facilities and a decent size room, I would recommend the Roosevelt. It is presentable, has a good business centre and the rooms are large. I paid US$150 for a large executive room and felt like I was staying at the Hilton. The only problem with this hotel is it does not have F&B facilities so you need to go out for breakfast and other meals - which is not a problem in this central part of Seattle. It is well position for shopping, dining and 10 minutes walk from the famous Pike's market and waterfront.

Room Tip: Stay if you want value for money.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Legal_itinerant
Thank you for leaving a review. It is our priority to provide the best service and rooms that we can. I am pleased to read that your experience matched your expectations. We hope to see you again soon!
Asia
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Seattle is an expensive city to stay. So to find a hotel that is well-located, clean and reasonably price is a find indeed. This hotel is that.

It's in a pretty good location downtown. Malls, restaurants and cafes are nearby. Pike Market is an easy 10- to 15-minute walk.

The rooms are small and the staff do try to sell their services. They offered the hotel limo when the train to the airport was an easy 7-minute walk.

I moved later to Sheraton where the rooms are larger and the price lower as I had a conference package. But as a place to stay for a couple of days, this is not bad.

Room Tip: The higher floors are quieter.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your kind words. I am glad our centrally located hotel suited your needs. I look forward to welcoming you at The Roosevelt Hotel on future visits to Seattle.
Morristown, Tennessee
Reviewed 31 May 2014

recent trip to Seattle to head out on a cruise.....after having airline delays all day we finally arrived at the hotel a little after 10pm ( I had called from the Denver airport to let them know we would be a late arrival and was told it would be no problem since the room was prepaid in full)

upon arrival we presented to the girl (I'll call her that as she had no interpersonal skills dealing with the public) and she informed us they were booked up. When we presented our reservation and showing it was paid in full, she said ....well we should have a room around here somewhere....she found a room, of course it wasn't the one that had been reserved and I didn't really appreciate sleeping on a pull out sofabed, but after traveling almost a full day I was ready to crash.

There was no apologizing on her part for putting us in this room, she only stated that this was an upgrade? Really? Well maybe she should have slept on that little 4 inch mattress. This was by far the worst hotel we've ever stayed in

Room Tip: BE AWARE - a prepaid reservation does not guarantee you a room. The Paramount Hotel has excellent...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank tking2015
Thank you for your recent review. Though it is not the caliber of review we enjoy receiving, we appreciate your candid feedback regarding your stay. We apologize that we missed the mark on this occasion. We will certainly be addressing your review with our team. We hope you will return so we may have the opportunity to restore your affinity for The Roosevelt Hotel.
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Where should I begin! This is a nicely located hotel! The room was nice, BUT the service was horrible! It begins with the reservationist Kerry! When I called to make reservation, she does not know what she was doing! She sounded so rude over the phone! Anyway, i ended up booking online with a better rate! When I got there, their was nobody at the front desk! I waited there for 5 mins, finally someone walked out to help me. He started to help us check in, but does not seem to know what he was doing! Swiped my credit card 3 times! Ended up overcharging my card! I ask for a manger, he said " oh I am the front office manager, my name is Peter." Really? What kinda manager does not know their job! He did not help us at all! Please don't stay here! Is not worth your money! Their are many other nicer hotels near by! Save yourself from the horrible service, you deserve better!

• Stayed May 2014
5 Thank Rose S
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I apologize for the unacceptable and inconvenient issues you experienced when making reservations with us. We aim to provide our guests with warm and welcoming service and I am disappointed that we didn’t do so in this instance. I will forward your comments to the appropriate staff.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We booked this because we wanted to stay downtown and it was our cheapest option for a decent hotel. The room was small but clean, the bed was comfortable and the bathroom was also clean and small. The walls in the room have no insulation so we could hear people all around us. Location wise, this hotel is in a great spot Downtown. You are a short walk to the market, restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Coast Hotels

I appreciate your feedback. I am sorry to read your stay did not exceed your expectations. We work hard to continually improve the service we provide through guest feedback. I hope you will give us another chance the next time you visit Seattle.