“Seattle”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Magnolia / Queen Anne
Reviewed 30 January 2014

One my evening out in Seattle.
The theatre is very easy to find.. The show was fantastic. The hosts are funny as, show I got they brought someone onto the stage. Loved how they got the crowd involved. Some of the acts are top class really good value.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

We saw the show, Hail Caesar! Forbidden Oasis, and it was a lot of fun, with some amazing acts, especially the trapeze, pole, silks, and tumbling. Chef Ceasar was so funny and picked audience members who were great sports. We also enjoyed the tap dancing, magic, and contortionist.

Unfortunately, stars are taken off for:

1) Our Table: we had discounted tickets and were seated in General Admission, so we had a blocked view of side stage and couldn't see what was going on. Fortunately, the center stage view was fine. If we ever attend again, we would choose a table in the center section, not on the outside were the poles can block views. In addition, our party of four were seated with another party of four, so the 8 of us were squeezed together, we felt cramped, and since we were strangers with the other party, it was not comfortable. The tables really should only seat 6 comfortably.

2) Food: was okay for the most part and the soup was hot. However, husband says his pork chop was inedible, tough, fatty, tasteless. The rest of our party had the halibut, and it was okay, but nothing special. Also, keep in mind that it costs extra for bread and any drinks other than water.

If you have never seen Teatro ZinZanni, then we would recommend going because it is a great show, but be sure to get a center table, and have low expectations for the food.

2  Thank DeeFry
Reviewed 28 December 2013

The show was fantastic. The show was worth the price. The food should have been great or at least OK. We were expecting garden variety. The ingredients were all there, but it was all cold. The flavor of my soup was great, but it was supposed to be a hot soup. It was served luke warmish. I was with a large party of 20+ people, and sending things back is not easy at this place. The salad was unremarkable not even worth a mention. I ordered the fish, a nice piece of halibut, but it was cold by the time it came to me. I'm not sure if it was the multiple twirls that the servers make, or what, but when I order fish, and pay $165.00 for meal and show; I want my food at least warm.
The service was marginal at best. It felt like they were grabbing you by the ankles and shaking out all your loose change, and a lot of it. Not just loose change, loose $100 bills too.
When you book a reservation, they will quote you a price in the hundred dollar range. Then they will send you another e-mail bill for extras- tip and not exactly sure what else- final $165/pp. THEN after your dinner, you will get ANOTHER bill for other extras; more tip, whatever they decided needed to be extra (steak), very expensive soft drinks,etc etc, our ect. bill was over $600 and we brought our own wine. The show, as I said was truly amazing. Thank goodness.

1  Thank artmomrx
Reviewed 27 November 2013

My husband and I thought the show was amazing and very fun. The food for the matinee show was not, from the salad to the dessert, it was all bland, greasy, and not our cup of tea. We both actually ended up getting a little sick from the food. I did leave some feedback in regards to the food and it was very hot inside the tent, they need some AC in there. Again show great, but food wasn't good at all and it was so hot in there, very uncomfortable.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We went for brunch (3 generations). It was actually lunch...there were no breakfast foods. The lunch was very creative and tasty. There was hardly anything that children would eat. They need to improve this. The fun started immediately, with magicians and jokesters coming to our table. The entertainment was terrific!