“Great, fun show”

Neighbourhood: Magnolia / Queen Anne
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Great, fun show”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We went this past week-end to 'On the Air' and it was our first time at Teatro ZinZanni. The performance is truly high quality entertainment. Lots of comedy and lots of laughter and we enjoyed how they involved the audience. I have read other negative reviews regarding the food but we enjoyed our meal. We were impressed with how quickly everyone was served.. and we were seated in general admission. I do think bread should not be an extra cost. I did have one concern and that is there were young children in the audience and this is definitely adult entertainment. It is expensive but a fun night out.

• Visited March 2014

Camano Island, WA
“Really Awful Food, Ok Service, Good Performers”
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I really wish I could give T.Z. 4 stars, because the performance was a lot of fun, but the food, and the food service was truly awful. The servers have too many tables to tend to, and are also a small part of the show. But by far, the worst part of the experience was the food. It was really really bad. The appetizer was bland and had obviously been siting for quite some time. No one in our party ate theirs. The carrot soup was almost edible, 2 or the 4 in our party ate it. It tasted like carrot cake in liquid form. The salad was ok. Too much vinegar in the dressing and had hard unrecognizable orange things in it that were not good. The entrée, was REALLY BAD. There were four options, Top Sirloin or Scallops, or you could upgrade to a Filet or you could upgrade to add a Filet and lobster to your sirloin. My husband choose the upgrade to include both steaks and the lobster. I had the sirloin. I'll start by saying that all the higher priced tables down on the performance floor get served first...which would have been ok, but by the time we got our food...about 20 minutes later, the floor tables were done eating, and as soon our plates were placed on our table, they turned out the lights for more performances. We were literally using our phones to see our food. Now for the food....it was bad, really bad! The sirloin was very thick and very tough, and VERY fatty. Not edible. My husbands Sirloin was the same. His Filet would have been ok...just ok, but they covered it with a sauce that tasted awful. No one at our table liked it. His lobster was small, but fairly good, and the only thing that was edible on either of our plates. The rice was cold, and had an odd flavor, and the vegetable, we think, was shredded zucchini, served cold and raw. I was so hungry by the time we left there 4 hours later, that we went to eat elsewhere to eat as soon as we got in the car. The cost for this evening for four, using Goldstar for reduced price tickets came to just shy of $500. I would gladly pay $50 to see the performers, they were great, but that was the worst meal I've ever been served. Don't know if we would go back, but if we did, it would be to see the show, and we would go out to eat before we went.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Christine H
Madrid, Spain
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Seattle”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

One my evening out in Seattle.
The theatre is very easy to find.. The show was fantastic. The hosts are funny as, show I got they brought someone onto the stage. Loved how they got the crowd involved. Some of the acts are top class really good value.

Visited October 2013
Seattle
“Show is Fun with Amazing Acts, but...”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We saw the show, Hail Caesar! Forbidden Oasis, and it was a lot of fun, with some amazing acts, especially the trapeze, pole, silks, and tumbling. Chef Ceasar was so funny and picked audience members who were great sports. We also enjoyed the tap dancing, magic, and contortionist.

Unfortunately, stars are taken off for:

1) Our Table: we had discounted tickets and were seated in General Admission, so we had a blocked view of side stage and couldn't see what was going on. Fortunately, the center stage view was fine. If we ever attend again, we would choose a table in the center section, not on the outside were the poles can block views. In addition, our party of four were seated with another party of four, so the 8 of us were squeezed together, we felt cramped, and since we were strangers with the other party, it was not comfortable. The tables really should only seat 6 comfortably.

2) Food: was okay for the most part and the soup was hot. However, husband says his pork chop was inedible, tough, fatty, tasteless. The rest of our party had the halibut, and it was okay, but nothing special. Also, keep in mind that it costs extra for bread and any drinks other than water.

If you have never seen Teatro ZinZanni, then we would recommend going because it is a great show, but be sure to get a center table, and have low expectations for the food.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank DeeFry
Seattle
“Great Show, terrible food, weird service”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

The show was fantastic. The show was worth the price. The food should have been great or at least OK. We were expecting garden variety. The ingredients were all there, but it was all cold. The flavor of my soup was great, but it was supposed to be a hot soup. It was served luke warmish. I was with a large party of 20+ people, and sending things back is not easy at this place. The salad was unremarkable not even worth a mention. I ordered the fish, a nice piece of halibut, but it was cold by the time it came to me. I'm not sure if it was the multiple twirls that the servers make, or what, but when I order fish, and pay $165.00 for meal and show; I want my food at least warm.
The service was marginal at best. It felt like they were grabbing you by the ankles and shaking out all your loose change, and a lot of it. Not just loose change, loose $100 bills too.
When you book a reservation, they will quote you a price in the hundred dollar range. Then they will send you another e-mail bill for extras- tip and not exactly sure what else- final $165/pp. THEN after your dinner, you will get ANOTHER bill for other extras; more tip, whatever they decided needed to be extra (steak), very expensive soft drinks,etc etc, our ect. bill was over $600 and we brought our own wine. The show, as I said was truly amazing. Thank goodness.

• Visited December 2013