“capitol hill branch is where we went”
Review of Boom Noodle

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Broadway / Capitol Hill
Cross street: 45th street
Reviewed 22 May 2013

industrial chic bargain bento box left me a little hungry such good steamed veggies though I had second try lemongrass lemonade a good spot when you're at the book store

Reviewed 30 April 2013

First visit to this restaurant, I was pleasantly surprised after reading quite a few negative reviews from different rating sites. The tuna tacos were good, tuna was good but could have been a little more fresh. The gyoza & lettuce wraps were wonderful. I loved our first server, Peter. He gave good advice on the dishes & even found me a glass of red wine that was dry. His shift ended, the waitress who took over was one of these who only speaks to or looks at the guy when she comes by to see if things are ok. Whatever! At least she did check in though. Service was good enough - both servers brought everything they were asked for & very prompt. The food was presented attractively.

The restaurant was comfortable, atmosphere ok & not too noisy.

Reviewed 17 April 2013

We have eaten here numerous times. We have (note past tense) loved eating lunch at the U Village, and have made special trips into the city just to eat here.

We have not returned for a few months, and decided we needed a Boom fix. Very disappointing. The whole place seems devoid of good supervision. Pacing of food ordered was off. An appetizer came with main dishes, and those did not even come out at the same time. The server was nice, but seemed distracted. The food runner was lacksadaisical.

And the recipes have been tweaked to become somewhat banal.

They have lost their edge. Sad to see.

Reviewed 22 March 2013

not being from the area a bit challenging to find, but WOW, fantastic place. Service exceptional and they make most meals vegetarian friendly and have gluten free/vegan options as well. Fresh tasty well priced place, would love to go back.

Reviewed 16 March 2013

Visited the University Village Boom Noodle today with my family and their kids. Very family friendly which is one of the primary reasons we visited. One of my sisters ordered the yakisoba which was delicious. The gyoza was pretty standard. The sashimi appetizer was so drenched in their sesame/soy sauce I could barely taste the tuna. My brother-in-law ordered the teriyaki salmon which was slightly fishy. The thai chicken salad was pretty good, but again maybe with a little less dressing. I guess the lesson here one should NOT stray away from their specialty, which is noodles. Will have to try the ramen or pho .... if there is a next time. Service was excellent.