“Great Asian Food”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Broadway / Capitol Hill
Cross street: 45th street
Reviewed 10 April 2014

After wondering about this place for the longest time, we finally got to go to Boom Noodle for lunch on a Sunday afternoon. Most of the food is Japanese, but there is a nice mix of Asian dishes on the menu. After a short wait (even for a late Sunday lunch), we were seated and the staff is very friendly. Our server was fantastic. I never really had any udon dishes before and wanted to try something new to me and went with the yaki udon. The first bite I had was actually of the chicken and the flavor was fantastic. One of the best bites of chicken I've ever had. The noodles, mushrooms and the rest of the ingredients were tasty too. Chicken teriyaki and Vietnamese noodle salad were also ordered at our table and I heard great things about those too. Boom Noodle, even though a nicer restaurant, is very affordable for the kind of restaurant it is. Most of the lunch items are $10-$12 dollars with dinner being a tad more. It's more than a standard teriyaki place, but not as fancy as some high end Japanese places. Money well spent though. If you're looking for some great Asian food, Boom Noodle at University Village is the place to go.

There are newer reviews for Boom Noodle

Reviewed 24 November 2013

As a lunch spot in U village, this is a good option. It's quick, booths are clean, food is very fresh, water glass kep full, drinks not pushed. Excellent pork salad with cilantro and cold thin noddles and other veggies, servied in a big bowl with citrus dressing I could add at will. And my friend and I could visit for as long as we wanted-an added bonus.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Was here with my wife ordered Pad Thai and some quick bites. The food was cold nobody came to us if we liked the food I even had to walk to the cashier to pay as we wanted to leave as quick as possible never never again.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Despite all the poor reviews we had visited this restaurant previously so decided to give it another go. The restaurant had a good crowd when we arrived and we had booked a table in advance so no delay in getting shown to a booth. The server was prompt but from then on it was a bit disjointed. We had a simple question on the menu but he could not answer it, though he did say he would go and find out, also during and after the meal we seemed to end up with three different servers. The meal itself I could only describe as average and I must agree with someone else that it appeared to be oversalted and heavy on chilli. It needs to improve before we will visit again.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

It is a fine restaurant located in the University Village. A place to take the kids and meet friends. The food was ok and service too; prices were affordable. Asian cuisine could be done better.

Been to Boom Noodle? Share your experiences!