“Do not miss”

Ranked #4 of 466 things to do in Seattle
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: One of the few authentic farmer's markets in the United States, this hub of delicious scents, delectable eats and delightful personalities attracts nine million visitors a year.
Reviewed 16 November 2013

This is what a Market should be, after visiting San Francisco's Fisherman's Warf this did not let us down. It still maintains its maritime roots and a huge array of fresh market goods which we really wanted to purchase but were staying in a hotel. The sights and sounds were a delight and although crowded everyone we encountered were friendly and more then accommodating. Pikes Place Market continues to draw me downtown Seattle and never miss going there when in town and see the fish a flyin!

GO SEAHAWKS!

1  Thank Nola R
Write a ReviewReviews (17,133)

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I grew up in a town south of Seattle, and it was always my favorite thing when someone would come visit. Why? Because we would go to Pike Place Market! The market is a staple in Seattle, and it is almost a sin for any visitor to miss it. It has everything - fresh produce and fish to make delicious meals with, small vendor stands with hand made arts and crafts, flower shops with freshly cut flowers. You can usually even find a musician or two hanging around, playing for change.

The biggest attraction to the market for people who are not from Seattle is the Fish Shop. This is the one that is always shown on TV and featured in articles about the market. I'm going to tell you a secret..... while their show is fun, their fish is not the best for the price! If you are looking to purchase some delicious freshly caught King Salmon or King Crab, walk a few stalls down.

There is also a second floor, which a lot of people do not realize that house some pretty cool shops. My favorite is a comic book shop that usually has some great nick nacks.

If you are in Seattle go here. You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank AlisonB733
Reviewed 12 November 2013

My sister from New Hampshire came to visit us this fall. it was her first time on the West Coast. Besides visiting the Space Needle, she wanted to see the infamous Pike Place Market. She wanted to see the fresh cut flowers, the fish toss, the arts and crafts, gift items, the beautiful displays of fruits and vegetables, all the available fresh seafood, meats, freshly made sausages and cheeses. Needless to say, she was in total awe, and so were we, even though we have been there many many times before. Unfortunately we did not have all day, therefore could not linger. But She got the picture, and, as she told me, is already saving up for a next visit to Seattle.

1  Thank Marigupen
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Seafood is everywhere! You can smell it, Taste it, see it. All kinds and every thing under the sea. I love seafood so I was in heaven. I ate until I could no longer do any more. Crab salad, fresh smoked salmon and all in between. Across the street is a cheese maker. Sorry I cant remember the name but you can find it, Best Cheese sandwich you will ever have. Ever! So much to see there. It will take you a whole day to do it.. enjoy!

1  Thank Grant E
Reviewed 11 November 2013

The Pike Place Market is very impressive both in size, cleanliness, and in the quality of the goods. There are so many wonderful sights, sounds, smells, and tastes, I highly recommend taking a few hours to stroll the market from end to end. It's a great place to get fresh eats, drinks, sweets, and purchase arts and crafts from local vendors.