“Grayline is out of business in Seattle”
Review of Gray Line of Seattle - CLOSED

Gray Line of Seattle
Americana, SP
109 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Grayline is out of business in Seattle”
Reviewed 15 May 2013

I bougth 2 tickets for a combo hop-on hop-off city tour with locks cruise in may 14, 2013, We waited at the first stop in front of the space needle and the bus never came up.Another city tour company told us that Grayline was out of business in Seattle. We had to buy another city tour and a separate locks cruise. We are very disappointed with the lack of professionalism and honesty of a big company like that. They never contact me to inform they are in trouble and could not honor their commitments. Now we traying to get our money back.

Visited May 2013
23 Thank cleyde

New Albany, MS
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Loved the Double Decker bus tour!”
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Took the tour from the Space Needle. The only thing I was confused about was where to pay! We walked around the Space Needle for a while looking for a ticket booth. Finally asked someone and they said just go stand by the totem pole and pay on bus. Besides that, we did hop on and pay on board for 2 days. The staff is so much fun with a playful casual atmosphere. We loved Spencer. Such an easy way to see the city. Loved the upper deck. A little cooler the second day so rode on the bottom. Not quite as easy to see on the bottom!

4 Thank wpdaniel
Montville, New Jersey
475 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 859 helpful votes
“Gray Line of Seattle”
Reviewed 16 October 2012

The Grey Line of Seattle meet are needs. My wife and I had never visited Seattle and were there for just one day. Having had great experiences with hop on and hop off bus tours in other cities we thought that this would be a good way off seeing a good part of the city in one day. There are 8 stops covering the major attractions and close to the major hotels. Space Needle, Olympic Sculture Park, Bell Street Pier 66, Tillicom Village (Pier 56), Pioneer Square, Pike Place, Shopping District and Belltown (Warwick Hotel). The loop takes about an hour. I suggest that you ride the full route first. Take note of the stops since they sometimes are not marked. Sit on top and take pictures and listen to the imformative information given about the city. After a full loop decide where you want to start and jump off. A two day pass cost about $31 and the bus runs from 9am to 6 pm, May through October. They say that the bus arrives at it's stops every 30 minutes. Well our experience is that it arrives sometimes sooner, sometimes later. Some stops can be easily walked so you do not have to wait for the bus and I suggest you do not. If you are a young physically fit person, you could possibly walk the entire route. At 63 I decided to ride the bus although I might have walked it and left myself little time at the stops and physically worn down. A further suggestion is to combine the bus with a City Pass, it saves you a lot of money and you can see so much more. My biggest regret is that it was a ttight loop and did not include some neighborhoods like Queen Anne and Capitol Hill.

8 Thank duck8to
Virginia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Informative and easy to use”
Reviewed 1 October 2012

I am a big fan of Hop on-Hop off tours, and this was another typical tour. There are 7 or so stops around Seattle, you can get off and on whenever you want. They will also take pictures of you near attractions, so that is handy. It is an open bus, so if it is going to be cool, dress correctly. For $31 you get 2 days of this tour, i used the first day to learn about the city and the 2nd day as a "bus pass" to get around to the places I wanted to see again. Very nice and a good value.

1 Thank skirkland68
ohio
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“had trouble finding the stop”
Reviewed 30 September 2012

Loved our informative and entertaining bus driver and host. Be prepared to cover up cause it was a cool ride. I quickly left my husband alone on top deck to go below for warmth and was surprised to find a large opening where a window should go. Perhaps this was done to maximize viewing of sites - not sure. All I know is that I was cold. We wasted too much time trying to initially find the Gray Line (the stop is near Argossy on the pier). Even some shop owners knew nothing about it. Stop at Argossy to buy your tickets and they will direct you to the little sign just down the street.