“OMG YUMM”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Lake Union
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Boy did the ice cream Piggy come out in me at Molly Moons. I try to get into Salt and Straw in Portland where I live but never have the patience to wait in line. We walked up with a line at MM but it moved super fast and we gobbled up our amazing ice cream. I don't even remember the flavors, I think I was in a sugar and cream coma. Went with my 2 Sisters and w were giddy it was so good.

1  Thank sandrahemsworth

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We have gone to Molly Moon (Queen Anne location) twice, and each time, have had an incredibly tasty experience. The salted caramel flavor is to.die.for. The end.

P.S. My family loved the other flavors, too, and some of the flavors can be pretty adventurous, too, if you're in the mood to try something new.

1  Thank Gretchen H
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We had to try Molly Moon when in Seattle...it was so good, in fact, that we had it twice in one day. I got the coffee ice cream, and a scoop of mint chip in a waffle cone. The ice cream is VERY soft and creamy...almost to the point that you feel the need to eat it quick before it melts. However, for some reason it kept its form and didn't drizzle all over my hand, so a plus for that! The only issue I had was with my waffle cone on our first visit. We went back to the front counter and they were happy to replace my cone with a new one (defective cone on my first try). We went back later that night to get some more because my wife wanted to try a different flavor. My wife is a bit of an ice-cream fanatic, so if it's at the top of her list, it MUST be good. It's a "gotta-try" when you're in Seattle.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Whether you're a local or out-of-towner, the mention of Molly Moon has become an icon for ice cream in Seattle. Her ice cream is so good in highlighting local, green and homemade that she's multiplied herself to six locations so far and written an ice cream cookbook.

This Wallingford hole in the wall has long lines waiting to get in on sunny days for good reason:

Sample as many flavors as you wish!
Experience a huge scoop of your chosen flavor!
Enjoy a freshly baked waffle cone!
Have a sundae with a long deluxe plastic spoon!

My favorite flavor is "Scout" Mint.

With all her yummy creative flavors and super duper scoopers it's not surprising if Molly Moon is making a mint on ice cream. Truly, over the Moon Ice Cream.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

If you are looking for the very best quality in ice creams and sorbets, dipped into freshly made waffle cones, and you want local or regional fresh products, and you want really creative flavors you could not dream up yourself, then this is your last and best stop! We have introduced almost all of our out of town guests to Molly Moon's. I will go nowhere else for ice cream in Seattle.