“Could not have been better.”
Review of Belltown Inn

Belltown Inn
Ranked #50 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Lubbock, Texas
“Could not have been better.”
Reviewed 25 July 2011

Perfect is the word that comes to mind. Location was maybe not in the safest neighborhood, but we encountered no problems. Perfect place to stay for the day before a cruise. We were able to walk to all the tourist spots: space needle, public market, etc. Great restaurants close by. Staff members were so friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommend to anyone needing a place to stay before a cruise. Had to take a cab to the pier but not expensive from there.

Room Tip: Ask to stay facing the inside courtyard. Much quieter there. No A/C but fans provided and windows...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Towson, Maryland
Reviewed 14 July 2011

This hotel is very clean. I have stayed in many "fancier" hotels but have never seen such an active cleaning crew. Anyone who complains that the hotel is in a bad area has never spent much time in big cities, especially in the East. There are some nutty people walking around, but definitely not dangerous. I rented a car for a few days and did not have issues with parking, however, I only parked in the area at night and left the area in the morning. Lots of good restaurants and bars just down the block. Got a reduced weekly rate. All around good value.

Sacramento, California
Reviewed 13 July 2011

I stayed here with my boyfriend over the Fourth of July weekend. Neither one of us had ever been and just booked this hotel as a package deal. It was a perfect location to everything. We walked everywhere. It felt like no matter where we went it was no more than a ten minute walk. The hotel staff was so accommodating and helped us with anything we needed. They recommended great places to eat and see. They have free bikes you can rent to tour the city that includes a bike lock and a helmet. It is a hotel for a more younger crowd. I wouldn't necessarily want to take my family there. There was just a younger crowd. I highly recommend this place to anyone that was an affordable and comfortable hotel in Seattle.

1 Thank pologal75
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 11 July 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Belltown Inn on a recent visit to our favorite city. The location is great, walking distance to downtown, Pike Place and Seattle Center. Top Pot Donuts is a couple of blocks away, and the desk staff clued us in to a little local gastropub down the street that was excellent. The bus stops at 3rd and Bell and 4th and Blanchard have buses that go anywhere one could possibly want to go (even the Zombie Walk in Fremont). We didn't need a car, we just got ORCA cards at the airport and rode the buses everywhere, or walked.

The reservations people were very helpful and patient as we dithered about out arrival date, having planned to take the Empire Builder out to Seattle, we were forced to make changes in our plans at more or less the last minute when the trains were canceled. But they were able to add a couple nights to our stay with no problems.

The room was adequate, comfortable if a little spare. I basically had two (small) issues--we were a little surprised (probably because I neglected to doublecheck this myself) to find that Internet access was via modem and ethernet cable at (a small) extra cost (No free Wifi! In Seattle! Really!). And I would personally not call a mini fridge, microwave and a hotplate (with only one working burner) a "kitchenette". But we weren't using the room as temporary housing (like some people do) and it was very nice for a week's vacation stay.

One thing, though--if you are not used to an urban environment--if homeless people and street people hanging around in a neighborhood is disconcerting, or if the normal night noises of a city neighborhood disturb your sleep (as apparently they did for one other guest we heard complaining about it to the front desk), then you would be better off in an airport hotel or a downtown corporate chain hotel. We were fine, I didn't see anything out of the ordinary, but we're from Chicago. Suburbanites might want to make a different choice.

union, new jersey
Reviewed 10 July 2011

This hotel had a very helpful staff. The rooms were clean and came with a kitchenette. Hotel offered free bike rentals. Great location for walking distance to Pikes Place and the Space Needle. Hotel has a business center on the first floor with free internet. Parking is across the street that cost $10 a night. You should reserve a spot before arriving.

Room Tip: Ask for a court yard room!
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 7 July 2011

I loved the location of this hotel and the staff couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. They were able to advise me on all sorts of things and gave me maps, printed off walking directions, and told me where to get a quick bite at the end of a long day. The room was very roomy for my 2 sons and I and had a refrigerator in it. The bathroom was very up to date and everything was very clean. The location couldn't have been better--seemed like we were walking distance to everything. My only complaint was that our room was on the second floor facing the corner and it was very bright (lights) and very loud. I am sure if we had asked to switch rooms, we could have alleviated that but I wasn't willing to move the boys during the night. I would definitely stay here again but I'd ask for a room in the back.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Central Oregon
Reviewed 17 June 2011

I wasn't planning on writing a review for this hotel, because it's so good that I didn't want it to be full when I came back to Seatle. It was going to be my "go to" place, next time I visited Seattle. However after suffering sexual abuse and public humiliation at the hands of the TSA at SeaTac on my departure, I will never go back to Seattle again. That's a pity, because I loved Seattle.
Anyway, the Belltown Inn is great. I love the location. Shops, buses, restaurants, eveything you could wish for is right there. The service was terrific, they were all so nice and helpful. And my room was very quiet. It overlooked the courtyard and had double-glazing. And it was spotless. Housekeeping are doing a great job. There were some problems with the lift, but hopefully that has been sorted out by now. The guy trying to fix it, was clueless, I suggest they try a different company. All in all, it's a great hotel and if common sense was to ever prevail with the TSA (which I doubt), I would love to come back.

Room Tip: The courtyard rooms are the quietest.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo