1,305 results
All reviews dog park homeless people courtyard room space needle great location across the street within walking distance free bikes pike place market street noise bell town rooftop terrace open the window restaurants and bars stay there again small kitchenette bus stop
Reviewed 15 November 2012

When I booked my stay at the Belltown Inn I was told that I would have full access to their TWO parking garages when I checked in. While driving to the hotel I called to say that we were close and about to check in and I asked where we could park. The woman at the front desk said that there was a front space directly in front of the hotel and that we could park there for the night. When I walked in to check in the same woman said that we in fact COULD NOT park there and we would need to find somewhere else for the night. This confused me since less than two minutes before she said it was fine to park there. When I asked about the parking garages, she said they were full because all the parking passes were given out. This confused me more since the hotel was not busy at all and there were vacancies available. I was under the impression that all GUESTS got parking passes, this is not the case. I wouldn't have been so angered, if the woman at the front desk was up front about parking and if she was nicer. She was dumb as rock and not very nice at all.
We walked into the room and was surprised at how tiny it was. This didn't really bother me since we weren't visiting Seattle to stay in our room, we wanted to see all the sights! The only thing that was bothersome were the extremely thin walls. We could hear everything that went on outside. The bed mattress was also not very comfortable, very stiff. However, the room was warm and inviting, we visited in mid November.
All in all, the stay itself wasn't awful, but the hotel staff is less than accommodating. While trying to check out the next morning, two people were working the front desk and took their sweet time greeting me when I walked up and stood there, they saw me walking up to them and still let me stand there waiting.
After we checked out, one of the men at the front desk told us where to go get breakfast and told us where good coffee places were. The other guy ignored us completely. Unless you drive from Portland, OR to Seattle on a bike, the Belltown Inn is not very helpful with parking.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Joanna M
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I stayed there for 3 days and I really enjoyed everything there. Friendly staff, really clean rooms with all the amenities. I read other people's comments and noise was a big complaint with some of them but I found the noise was that of a large city, all within normal limits. There are good restaurants all around the area and walking distance is easy to everything. Most of all, I liked the friendly staff. I will definitely stay there the next time and will recommend it to friends.

Room Tip: If not from another city and are used to city noises, get a courtyard room. I like a lot of light and air flow so the street side is good for me.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 November 2012

The sign outside says "walk to everything", and you have easy access to downtown, the Seattle Center, Pike Place market, in addition to the clubs and restaurants in Belltown. Rooms are clean, bikes are free, and the staff is very helpful. Had a problem with parking which was resolved promptly. Given the high rates a few blocks away, I will stay here whenever I am spending time in the city.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Belltown Hotel is perfect for a modest budget. It is located within walking distance of Pike Market and downtown and the big hotels where so many conferences are hosted. The rooms are small but that's ok - you spend more time out in the city. The most important thing for me is cleanliness and safety. They have that down. I felt safe in the hotel and in the neighborhood, I felt as safe as one can in the city which is not total, but within the cautious comfort level. The staff is friendly. The rooms have a bar sink, cabinet, fridge and microwave. They provide Starbuck's coffee. Unlike the swanky hotels, they do not charge you for the bottle of water and two cokes they leave in the fridge for you. Like the swanky hotels, they charge for wifi. There is an enclosed patio and a tiny lobby "business center." The rooftop space is a few plastic adirondack chairs with a non-view and a container to put your beer bottles in, but works if the sun is out and you need some semi private sun time. There are cafes, restaurants, pubs, bars and groceries very close. The towns two great jazz clubs are within walking distance, Tula's and Jazz Alley. The website is accurate. This will be my regular place so I can spend the money saved on Seattle's great food and drink.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Hilarita
Reviewed 1 November 2012

Nice, convenient, but: 1) Internet is not free (but $5 is reasonable); 2) kitchenette is a microwave, coffee maker and fridge. Would I come again? Yes as long as they have the best rate in the area and if I didn't have a sponsor to cover a stay in the Westin on 5th. Great hotel, the

• Stayed: October 2012