“Great Location”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Holland, Michigan
“Great Location”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the Belltown Inn and really enjoyed it. The location is fantastic (within walking distance to everything)! The room was small; but fit our needs. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We will definitely return!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Orovada, NV
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The hotel is within walking distance to many restaurants,bars, and Pike Place Market, as well was the light rail station. The rooms were small and clean. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The windows opened onto 3rd AV (no A/C) and the noise was constant.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We stayed 3 nights at the Belltown Inn. It is excellently located as well as reasonably priced for the location. The room was clean with a ceiling fan for cooling. We didn't need any heating. The room was not large, but was quite adequate, especially considering we were out most of the time sight seeing. The staff was super friendly and helpful. Bicycles and helmets were available, first come first served. There were lots of restaurants and cafes in easy walking distance. We also walked to the Space Needle and Pike St Markets. There is a roof top terrace with a view and places to sit.

Room Tip: Ask for an inside courtyard room if you want it quiet. Our outside room, which had a lovely outlook...
2 Thank JWOzBalmain
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Location: it's very well located just 10 minutes from Pike Place Market, and withing walking distance of the space needle as well. In front and next to the hotel there are a couple of bus stops with plenty of routes going through here. In our case we just spent the night before a cruise and the bus in front took as directly to the port.
Hotel: the hotel is ok, it's clean but just acceptable. It has a small kitchen with a fridge. I see the room being awesome for students but just ok for a couple. If you get a good deal I recommend it just don't raise too much your expectations. See my pictures I think they give a pretty good idea. The bathroom and desk seem like they belong in a big chain hotel but the bed and closet seem more motel like. Also, there's a rooftop terrace that apparently is very popular for smoking.
In general, no complaints, we were comfortable but we just needed a no frills place to spend the night.

1 Thank KNDC3
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I would give the Belltown Inn 5 stars because of the overall value of the hotel. It is in a good location for those who want to be in the middle of it all. We walked to everything (Pioneer square, Pike's Place, Space Needle) and didn't need to have a rental car or taxi. Even the light rail from the airport was not too troublesome to navigate. The front desk was helpful and we appreciate them holding our luggage for us on the last day (with no issues). The room amenities were nice too. In addition, the room was well serviced and clean. The only nit-picky things that were not awesome was the "pillow top" mattress that is really just a mattress cover and didn't lend to the type of sleep you'd expect from a pillow-top mattress. Also, the soap and shampoo had a strange smell so I'd recommend bringing your own toiletries. The market just next door was a great place to pick up anything forgotten back home. We did see some street weary locals (homeless??) but never felt unsafe. Just keep your wits about you...it is a big city after all. We didn't use the bicycles because we didn't feel our skills were up to the level needed to navigate the hilly, busy streets, but what a great thing to offer!!! Also, check out the rooftop deck at night and during the day.

Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I recently spent one night at the Belltown Inn with my daughter and we found it to be a great home base for walking to see the sights. They will even loan you a bicycle! Staff was very helpful with restaurant recommendations--you are surrounded by great places to eat! Our room was small, but comfortable and very clean, with refrigerator, sink and microwave. Next time, I will ask for a room that opens onto the inner courtyard as that would be much more quiet; I am not accustomed to city noise and found that a bit bothersome through the open window. The weather was warm and lovely so we chose to open the window for the breeze. Also, the rooftop was awesome--we enjoyed our morning coffee up there.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that opens to the inner courtyard rather than the street.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
North Augusta, South Carolina
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Definitely not familiar with the area, I looked for reviews on Tripadvisor that had great guest reviews. We found the hotel and within seconds of parking we were asked for money 3 times. We checked into the hotel and the staff was friendly. My husband and I proceeded to take our stuff upstairs. There was an incredibly strange odor on the 3rd floor. There was also a strong odor of cleanser. What was to be our room contained a bed that looked like a flattened blow up mattress and two airplane pillows. We were very disenchanted. My husband and I went to move the car to the $15 a day parking lot. Between the hotel and the parking lot we saw people sell drugs and do drugs. My husband said find us another hotel now. Within a few hours, I returned the room keys and the parking pass to a girl at the front desk. We stayed up on University Avenue instead. The next day I received a call stating I needed to return the parking pass or I would be charged an additional $25. Really? I already turned it back in and told her I was checking out the same day. So far I have only been charged the one night rental and the one day $15 parking fee. I hope users will read this before they book this hotel and not get into the same mess.

2 Thank Nicole C