“Not a terrible place”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Calgary
“Not a terrible place”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Nothing special about the hotel. 3.5/5 overall because they let us check in at 10am. It was rather small and the bed wasn't as comfy as I expected it to be. You're basically paying for location. There is no free wifi, parking or breakfast.

Room Tip: Get a room that doesn't face into the courtyard. Kinda weird when you're staring into someon...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Fantastic location and great affordability is what drew me in, and then I was surprised and pleased to find that I love this place! It was so clean! The staff are delightful and helpful. The furnishings are more beautifully appointed than I expected. Unlike many hotels, I found working at the desk to be very comfortable and lighting was good. I loved having the little kitchenette--and they leave you complimentary goodies! Bed was on the firm side, but good (though I like a bigger variety in pillows available as I like them quite soft). I loved having a full length mirror (though wished for a magnifying make-up mirror esp as the bathroom lighting wasn't as bright as I needed). I absolutely loved having a tub I could comfortably stretch out in for a read and soak. The soap was rich and fragrant and the towels wonderfully thick. It was nice looking out at the courtyard (which meant I had a nice quiet room) and great having the rooftop deck. My only wishes other than for softer pillows would be for air con (it was hot!--but the ceiling and oscillating fans helped a lot). All-in-all, a great experience at a great place at a great price.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 August 2014

This represents a dowdy hotel well suited to traveling salesmen 50 years ago. No air-condition but multiple fans to help in the typical Summer heat in Seattle. At least one of the front desk staff was reasonably knowledgeable.

Room Tip: all the same
Green Features: No comment cn be made about this in the hotel. There is nothing more to say
1 Thank peter1581
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 19 August 2014

On the positive side, the front desk staff is helpful and pleasant. Location is convenient to main Seattle attractions Pike Place Market and Seattle Center. They have a few bicycles to loan guests. They also have good conservation practices regarding water and energy use. Rooms are adequate, with a decent bed, large, ergonomic work table, and a kitchenette with frij and microwave. An iron, ironing board and hair dryer are provided, and dogs are allowed. However, the hotel has no air conditioning and the rooms and hallways were stifling while I was here and did not cool down overnight. Outdoor temperature was 82 on the day I arrived, and dropped to the low 70s the next day.There is a ceiling fan and a box fan on the floor in the rooms that don't help much when the heat builds up as it does in this building. Staff said they're hoping to have air conditioning by the end of 2014. The carpet in the elevator is stained and worn.The TV remote barely worked, and quite a few of the channels listed in the TV guide in the room were not available. The hotel has no off-street parking, although they provide parking at a nearby parking lot for $15/day. Street parking is limited to 2 hours, so guests are forced to pay the parking surcharge. The parking lot arrangement through the hotel does offer in/out privileges. I reserved the room for two nights on a Living Social voucher that was billed as 36% off. In my opinion, the discounted voucher price itself was high for the quality of the accommodations, the lack of air conditioning, and the surcharges for parking and high speed internet. In addition, although the hotel is located in a trendy part of town, the streets reeked of urine when I went out for an early morning walk. This is beyond the hotel's control and may be a problem anywhere in downtown Seattle, but it was very unpleasant.

Room Tip: To limit street noise, you might want to ask for a room facing the courtyard.
Green Features: They have signs giving guests the option of reusing towels and foregoing a sheet change to save on water consumption and reduce wastewater. They use energy star appliances in the kitchenettes and energy efficient light bulbs.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Meridian, Idaho, United States
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I am not a hard person to please when it comes to hotels. Clean, quiet and well located are what I look for when booking. I didn't think to check on AC - seems odd that a modern building would be without. The desk clerk informed me (rudely) of the AC situation and that fans were provided in each room. The fan didn't work well because I had to close the window due to the noise on the street. The hotel is located on a very busy bus route.

Also the bathroom is tiny with a pedestal sink. Very difficult to get ready in the cramped, hot space.

Belltown is a fun neighborhood, however, there are sketchy blocks between this area and downtown core. I used UBER in the evening to be comfortable. This worked ok as fares ran $4-$5

Room Tip: Get an interior room. Do not get a room with window on 3rd.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Mollie H
Reviewed 14 August 2014

The start of our trip was turning out perfect, as we arrived at noon to drop off our luggage. Our room check in time was not tip 4pm, however they said they would be happy to take our bags for us. To our surprise the room was ready which was fantastic because we needed to hang up dresses for a wedding that weekend. The room is clean and comes with free popcorn and water =) yummy!! The staff is very friendly and always gave good directions or advice for where to eat. * Side note right around the corner is Roccos- MUST GO for a drink & pizza, we LOVED this place- thank you to the staff for recommending this restaurant!!* Your not far from the waterfront, space needle or anything intact. You can walk anywhere from this hotel and that was great plus any cabby ( or uber driver) understood right where our hotel was without needed an address. HOWEVER after a LONG day walking around, sight seeing, and visiting with friends you want to come home to a cool room to sleep. This is not the case at all. What we thought was a AC unit on the wall was actually a heater. hummmm the one time in seattle it is around 76-80 degrees and we visit ( no rain, which was great) and we need a AC unit not heater. SOOOOO to solve this problem the hotel has fans in each room, first two nights the fan was RIGHT next to the bed ( in my ears) and we didn't even feel the fan pushing any air around. Third night we complained, when we got back to the hotel room they had given us a new fan , however still no help. The room fans are loud, and really don't do much. I honestly feel bad for the staff because this wasn't just our problem. In the elevator this was the conversation EVERYTIME ...." soooo how did you sleep" and everyone would laugh because you DID NOT SLEEP because it was solo HOT.
According to the staff, they did a remodel a few years ago, the management put AC in the lobby, however did not put in the rooms ( this doesn't make sense) but maybe in the winter of this year they will put in the AC. Dear management- PUT IN AC!
Other then No AC this place is great. you feel safe, clean, staff is always helpful, great location next to all sight seeing locations and even better food. I would stay here again IF there was AC.

Room Tip: Get the rooms facing the courtyard, the outer rooms face the street and that is way to loud with str...
Green Features: Hotel was very Green for water conservation including the ability to re-use towels and sheets. However be aware if they re-use your sheets they will not remake the bed for you.
2 Thank Stacy C
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We had to add a roll-away bed because the room had just one bed and the room had very limited space. No air conditioner but a fan. No stairs only elevator use. Overall not a bad hotel. Good location about 10 minutes to the space needle, EMP museum and chihuly garden. In the opposite direction the Pike place market and the Gum wall are in close walking distance too. You can take the light rail to monorail from airport.

Room Tip: Other reviews have said to get a higher level, courtyard room, and that's just what I did. There...
Green Features: Its good, about average compared to other hotels. Nothing more to change.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends