“great location and cute decor”
Review of Belltown Inn

Belltown Inn
Ranked #46 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 16 February 2009

My friend and I stayed for Valentine's Day weekend and the room, service, decor, and location were really great. The staff gave us a great recommendation for a breakfast cafe that had the best bacon. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 31 January 2009

I've stayed at this hotel dozens of times. I've had contact with every member of the staff and they are all amazingly nice people.

The hotel itself is brand new. Rooms are nice, and I've never had any noise bother me.

Parking may be a problem, and the corner its on isnt the greatest at night, but despite that, I'll continue to stay at Belltown Inn any time I need to do business in Seattle.

Highly recommended

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 October 2008

I think it is my duty to warn you to not go to this place. it is awful.

1. Immediate area is SKETCHY (junkies across the street smoking crack, beer drinking during the day in the empty lot next door...)
2. Hotel does not have it's own parking - so you must self-park about 1/2 a block down the road in an unsecure lot in a sketchy area... (costs $15 day)
3. Rude and awful staff (ok, well ONE of them, but she ruined my stay.. see below).

I came to down for a wedding and was pleased with the price of 109. However, I should have known you get what you pay for. Room was ok and clean but nothing to write home about. Definitely fine for the money although the towels were probably the worst towels I've ever used. Parking- the staff told me I needed a parking pass for the lot for each day I was to stay. They alerted me that the passes expire at "12 noon or 2pm - can't remember"... so each day I went to buy a new pass for the lot. An inconvenience but I was paying so little overall I just went with it. Upon my check out I was approached by this older lady who came by to "get back my old parking passes". I told her I didn't save them (why would I keep my old paper parking passes?).. then she became enraged telling me that she was now going to have to charge me 250 bucks apiece for these paper passes (!!)remember, these are for paper parking passes no one ever instructed me to hold onto. Apparently, one pass is good for your entire stay but the staff clearly didn't know this and didn't communicate this to me. Regardless, she continued to threaten me as if I was "holding out" on her. I told her there would be no reason or benefit for me to keep the passes from her if I had them but did not have a time machine to retrieve them at this point. She stormed off on me after I told her I was in shock about her level of unprofessionalism and rudeness. The funny thing is that the old passes ended up being on the floor of my rental car and I gave them to another employee - but the point of the matter is that this horrifying and embarassing incident completely ruined my experience in this godawful place. It was bad until then but that incident was just the topper. I kept reminding myself that that kind of white trash is just what you can expect from such a sketchy spot. it didn't make me feel better. do yourself a favor and stay at the new Silver Cloud like my friends did. They loved it.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank sonicpony
Reviewed 3 October 2008

I found this new hotel by searching for extended stays in downtown Seattle. WOW!! FINALLY an inexpensive hotel in downtown Seattle without emptying out our wallets! AND, you don't need a car - everything was in walking distance!! The front desk people (awesome service) had us heading to every eclectic, fabulous cafe, restaurant and shop in the area (all within a block or two), and we even did the touristy thing and walked up and down the boardwalk on the bay checking everything out. Macys, Nordstroms and all of the great downtown shopping is in walking distance too - and theatres, etc. The studios are a bit smaller than, say, the Hilton or Sheraton, but on the upside they were very cozy and clean. Loved having the kitchenette. You have to pay for Internet in your room (small fee), but we used the Internet in the free business center . I highly recommend you stay here - they really are terrific, and you can't beat the value!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank TravelBabette
Reviewed 25 August 2008

My husband and I needed a place to stay for one night after our Alaskan cruise. The location was ideal since it was only a few blocks away from the pier and it was affordable compared to many other hotels. The immediate blocks surrounding the property had some questionable street people like any big city, but they did not bother us at all.

Although there is nothing luxurious about this place, Belltown Inn has recently been remodeled so it looks very clean. Our room had a mini refrigerator and coffee pot. I believe there is a hotpot available if you request it. There didn't seem to be a working airconditioning unit in the room.

What really made an impression on me and what prompted me to write my first review was how friendly and helpful the front desk staff were. They made some wonderful suggestions on dining (all within a few blocks away), helped print our airline e-tickets, and suggested a reasonably priced towncar to take us to the airport early the next morning. My husband and I appreciated the fact that he was there by 4:30 when our pickup time was 4:45am. Overall if we ever return to Seattle for a longer visit, we'd seriously consider staying at the Belltown Inn again. We could save some money on hotel costs and use our money on other touristy activities.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2008

The first thing I must say is if you hate noise, book an interior room (facing a little courtyard and fountain. If you get a room facing the street be prepared to hear crackheads (and I say this, because you can literally watch them hitting their pipes in the alley accross the street) ALL NIGHT LONG. All that being said, you are downtown in a big city, and whether you are here, or somewhere higher end like the Fairmont/Hyatt, there are those types of people outside (more here, but you WILL see them anywhere), and they pretty much are not there to harrass you....they just do their little cracky thing in peace. We got this while we are moving our place isnt ready for 2 weeks....so this is a good value for in town (if you are willing to not be in town , there are many extended stay properties in Kent and beyond that offer more amenties for a lower price) In fact I think it is the best value in town. The building is secure. The staff is very nice. The room is TINY.....think Motel 6 in size (for long term living this is not) with a little kitchenette, and flat panel tv. Internet is NOT free (why?) except in the business center, and there is no specified parking, you have to park down the street in a $15 a night lot, or hope to find parking on the street (but move your car beetween 8am-6pm daily).....The room is very clean.....no a/c but rarely would you need it....there is heat (in winter youll need it) really I don;t have any complaints about the property itself besides the parking and pay internet, the location/noise thing isnt there fault, and for the price Im happy to just be somewhere safe and clean.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank xanadugirlz
Reviewed 8 July 2008

Centrally located this place is perfect if you're not carborn and/or want to live downtown Seattle with close proximity to the waterfront. Best value for monthly stays.

Rooms (queen bed, one person) are new and clean, furniture OK. Kitchenette has everything. Good storage room for both shoes, clothes and bags. Big and nice desk and LCD TV that's not in the way.

Staff is friendly and efficient, front desk open 24 hours which feels safe.

Could be better: affordable parking options, internet these days should be complimentary and wireless (they have a business centre but that's SO not attractive), mirror (one in bathroom only), noise reduction from the street (thin windows), cooling options (no airconditioning, hot in summer!)

Area is a local neighbourhood, pretty tourist-free. Lots of good places for wining and dining at resonable cost. Some streets are less attractive and easily avioded. Perfect for young or solo travellers looking for long-term stays downtown.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled solo