“Horrible” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #82 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Walla Walla
“Horrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

After driving 4.5 hours, I was told upon my arrival at the hotel by front desk clerk Randy that I could not use my debit card to check in for my room. He said they only took credit cards. This was after they had already charged my debit card for the room as I had booked online. He made me change the room into my sisters name to use her credit card and then would not let us use the state discount that I was originally getting because she is not a state employee, I am. He was extremely rude about it too and totally lacking in customer service skills. Days Inn North of Downtown should seriously reconsider their decision to put Randy in a position where he deals with the public at all. Luckily when we checked out a very helpful employee named Kelly listened to my complaints and talked to the manager who gave me the original price for the room and charged my debit card instead of my sister's credit card. They were unsure why he treated us that way and apologized for his rude behavior.

Location
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

2 Thank Angela K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Ottawa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

I selected this hotel because it was more affordable than those downtown but reasonably accessible to downtown. This turned out to be the case. The bus was just across the street. The hotel was clean, but not new. My complaints would be that the wifi was not reliable (I had trouble connecting most days.) My other complaint is the breakfast, which included moldy oranges and discolored eggs -- quite off-putting. Other aspects of the breakfast were o.k. -- cereal, coffee, toast. I would suggest they drop the fruit if it is not going to be fresh (or just offer a serving bowl with canned fruit). I am not sure what the problem with the eggs was. Maybe a bad batch or something. Service was o.k., but not especially friendly -- I am fine with that as long as there are not problems to deal with. I would stay here again. Just hope they take the hint on the breakfasts and put a bit more effort into that.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
Cork, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

I booked my son into this 'hotel' for 2 nights as a gift.

He arrived on Friday evening but they refused the reservation on the basis that it was my name on the credit card which paid for the booking. This left him with nowhere to stay late on a Friday evening in Seattle - and informed him they would still charge my credit card !!!

Absolutely disgraceful from a hotel - do not book with these people.

Room Tip: yes, find a different hotel
5 Thank Kieran L
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Set off this morning at 7am from England, reservation made 4 months ago. Got there at gone 8pm (3am by my bodyclock) to be told my reservation had been cancelled. Apprently they had ran my credit card for the $800 odd bill and had found insufficient funds so sold on my room. I've checked that card same day and it has £6800 available funds on it so can only presume it was Barclays fraud prevention. I only entered that CC at the time of booking anyway, since then I purchased a travel card in USD that would have been used for payment.

I feel very let down. Randy was very belittling and unsympathetic. No offer to look elsewhere in the Days Inn network or use his phone etc. Actively ignored me when someone else came in. Ended up having to book 3 other hotels to cover my 6 day stretch.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo