“This is THE place for fish and chips”
Review of Pike Street Fish Fry - CLOSED

Pike Street Fish Fry
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
The Valley Below
“This is THE place for fish and chips”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

The restaurant is tiny, only 3 or 4 tables plus a 6-foot long bar with stools for customers who don't want takeaway, but despite its low-profile, hole-in-the-wall appearance from the street, this is literally the best fish and chips I have ever eaten. The fish is cooked perfectly in a delicious batter - they offer halibut, catfish, Ling cod, along with oysters, calamari and Gulf shrimp, and a Fish of the Day special. The fries are super crispy outside, and oh-so-hot straight out of the fryer -- but they're so good you end up burning your tongue 'cause you can't wait for them to cool off. I've eaten here half a dozen times, virtually every time I visit Seattle -- this visit was the weekend of May 10th, while in town for my daughter's graduation. They also serve sandwiches, but we all chose some variation on the fish and chips It's not easy to spot, but keep your eyes peeled -- it's addressed at 925 E Pike, on the corner of 10th Ave and East Pike Street, (look at google map street view) next door to Neumos club/concert venue. Prices are mid-range -- 4 of us had dinner for $43 plus tip. Open till midnight Sunday thru Thursday, and till 2:30 am on Friday/Saturdays just in case you have that craving for seafood after most other restaurants have closed for the day.

• Visited May 2014

Sacramento, California
“Worth the adventure finding it!”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We assumed the restaurant would be near Pikes Place Market. Um, no. It is in Capitol Hill. Nonetheless it was completely worth the effort to find. The fish and chips were delicious. And the clam chowder was very good. We washed it down with with soda. There is limited seating so we shared a table with a couple of strangers who also read about the restaurant and sought it out. (Yelp and UrbanSpoon)

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Julie S
los angeles
“It's legit - don't think twice.”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Believe me when I say that I live in LA and think of this place when I think of fish and chips. It's a simple concept with simple great food.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank hksjza70
Richland, Washington
“Delish Fish!”
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

Found out about this place from Yelp as one of the best places for fish and chips. The reviews were legit!! Some of the best if not THE best fish and fries we've ever had! They gave us a variety of sauces that were all really good--my fav being the lemon aoli. Try this place and don't be out off by the little dive it looks like.

3 Thank Randi E
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Awesome food”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

This place looked a little sketchy when entering but once you started to eat the food your outlook on the place changed completely. They filet the fish right there, bread it, fry it and add a heaping amount of tasty fries. This place is a winner because it is hard to win over my mom but she was a fan after the first bite because it was juicy and tasty!
I will be back there some day!

• Visited June 2013