“Great get away”

Kimpton Alexis Hotel
Ranked #4 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 7 December 2011

The hotel was a great get away. We live in Washington but had a show downtown. The location is perfect- walkable to many areas of downtown. The hotel is very nice, comfortable

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 December 2011

We had a really good stay at this hotel at the end of November. Very helpful staff with a 'can do' attitude and a welcoming atmosphere. We were very fortunate to be upgraded and I must say we were surprised by the size and facilities of the room, together with (mostly) a view of the water. Probably worth paying for the larger rooms/suite if you can, facing the sound. The hotel is well placed for everything and offers something a little different than the 'formula' hotels. This is an older building, so if you are fussy about hearing people above you walking around on creaky floor boards, this may not be the place for you. We enjoyed our stay.

If you enjoy good Italian food with no pretentions, try the basic decor but excellent food of Bencoldi, (Luigi's) just down the road towards the station. Happy hour after 8 whe all food is half price is just amazing.

Room Tip: worth the extra to go corner facing the sound on a high floor...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Philip B
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2011

Thank you so much for your review! Great recommendation for Italian food - there are tons of great restaurants in downtown Seattle, so many hidden gems.
You didn't love the leapord print bathrobe? Well, I hope you were still able to tap into your wild side while here! We look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit!

Reviewed 4 December 2011

We stayed at the Alexis for a holiday party downtown and we were very impressed with the welcoming atmosphere, friendly staff, and even other guests in the hotel. The staff made us feel as though we were the only.ones staying at the hotel. They had a complimentary wine.hour that was incredible and we made quick friends with people staying at the hotel. The room was perfect and the bed very comfortable. I would recommend this place to anyone staying or visiting downtown Seattle.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 2 December 2011

I basically live in hotels, and this has been one of my favorites in Seattle.
I didn't give it a full five star rating because the hotel does lack a good restaurant, but otherwise, it's even better than expected!!! Enjoy it... it makes your Seattle experience even more spectacular.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 December 2011

My wife and I travel internationally a lot and we were flying in from Beijing to Seattle and wanted a place to get over jet lag and relax, with lots of stuff to do around us. We found the perfect place in the Alexis. Centrally located to great shopping, restaurants and the pier the Alexis was very comfortable. We stayed in the Symphony Suite which was very large and comfy. The desk clerks were very helpful and concierge recommended great seafood joints. I would make a vacation based around this hotel if we go to Seattle again. Loved it!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2011

I just wanted to leave a comment on this great hotel. While reserving my room I found the best rates on the Kimpton website. A great feature I also thought great and unlike any hotel I have reserved from, i was given an option to upgrade my room for some discounted rates, I was very impressed by that. So the day I checked in I was very impressed by the room I was given. I checked into one of the fireplace suites, it had a great flow and a real wood burning fireplace!! It was amazing. The service was great, everyone at the hotel was great, it was just a perfect end to a hectic holiday weekend. I would recommend the steam also. You can the whole place to yourself and it is wonderful to relax in. It was also great upon leaving you can let the front desk know and you they will book you a flat rate town car to get the airport without fighting for a cab.

Room Tip: If slow book what room you want, and if there is room you can always potentially qualify for an upgr...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 November 2011

I was happy with our stay at hotel as well the choice we made to stay here for our getaway weekend. Do not travel a lot but this was perfect experience for me and my family. Hotel is in central location to all the places we planed to visit, staff could not be more acomodating and friendly. Enjoyed complimentary wine hour and the small bites offered with it. Room was large with modern but comfortable feel. Looking faward to our next stay, I hope sooner then later.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family