“AMAZING place”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Hudson, Wisconsin
“AMAZING place”
Reviewed 1 April 2012

We love Kimpton hotels and the Alexis is no exception. The staff is amazing. They had a wine hour every night and truly cared about our experience. We would HIGHLY recommend this hotel and any Kimpton.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
Thank you for the review Li! So happy to hear that you are a fan of Kimpton Hotels, we are adding lots of new properties this year, so we will have some fun new places for you to stay!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (468)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Lynnwood, Washington
Reviewed 31 March 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed my 3 night stay at the hotel. The valet parking is essential for down town Seattle and well worth the cost. The Valets were quick, friendly and explained how I could retrieve my car if needed.
Check in was a breeze; friendly, helpful front desk attendant who accommodated my request for an upgrade to a King size room.
The hotel itself is a work of art, very pleasing, relaxing decor with a nice touch of elegance. My room 414 was very well appointed, comfortable bed, flat screen TV, chase lounge for reading my book along with a desk and spacious closet with large safe. The bathroom is nice, modern decor with all the necessities available. I took advantage of the stand alone three drawer to store my personal belongings, such as cosmetics, curling iron, etc.
Room service was fantastic! Food is excellent and inexpensive. The service was quick and the staff friendly.
Overall, one of my better weekend visits to downtown Seattle. I would easily recommend this hotel to friends and family.

Room Tip: Ask if upgrades are available. Inside rooms have no view of the city.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Wyoming
Reviewed 31 March 2012

I was in Seattle on business for a month. Kimpton offers a long-term rate via the web site, and I took advantage of it.

The rooms here are great. The furniture is nice, the desk is good-sized and the Internet is of good quality. I was happy with the bed and bedding.

The Library has a great breakfast and wonderful waitstaff. The doormen are friendly and helpful. Food at the bar was also great - the cheesy fries were awesome!

My only true beef was with the exercise room - the hotel advertises jump ropes and hula hoops, but it would be dangerous to try either activity in the exercise room which is small, small, small. I wound up running the stairs when the weather was inclement.

The location of the Hotel Alexis is wonderful. It is close to the water and also Pioneer Square. There is a Japanese place on the same block that offers discounts to hotel guests.

I do prefer both the Monaco and the Vintage Park over the Alexis.

Room Tip: There are some rooms in the new section that share a balcony. Be sure to balance the drapes with yo...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Wow, after a month you are more like family than a guest! Let us know when you will be back in Seattle so we can welcome you back with style. Thanks for posting your review!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 28 March 2012

The Alexis is a Kimpton Hotel, which is a wonderful group of hotels. The decor is quite beautiful and every person on the staff is warm and friendly and most important, very helpful. They welcome pets, offering dogsitting and dogwalking services. I especially love the elegant coffee and tea service offered every morning in the lobby as well as the wine hour every afternoon. Once you join Kimpton InTouch, wifi is free in your room as well as the lobby. The hotel locations are usually excellent and I would go out of my way to stay in a Kimpton.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Kirkland
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I could list off a string of superlatives that would fill the page so I'll instead opt to be a bit more concise. Simply put, this is the best hotel in Seattle that is run by people that truly do put Seattle's best foot forward. Helpful, welcoming, warm and friendly. I'm not a celebrity and not important to anyone other than my dog, but staying here made me feel like I was a VIP at every turn. The staff was a fantastic group and it comes from the top down - epitomized by the general manager who truly is one of the great ones and totally gets what hospitality and care are all about. I'm a huge fan the place and those who work there. Do yourself a favor, stay here... and then book an extra night because you won't want to leave!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Haha - you win the prize for most creative title on a Tripadvisor review! Thanks for posting, we will see you next time you are in Seattle!
Baltimore
Reviewed 27 March 2012

While we enjoyed our stay at Alexis, I preferred Monaco. The Alexis room was very small and had a strange smell. It's a nice hotel and I would stay again, but given the coice, I would go back to Hotel Monaco.

Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Puerto Cabezas, Nicaragua
Reviewed 27 March 2012

My business trip got extended unexpectedly and I found the Alexis on Expedia app and said it had rooms. I just showed up and showed them the Expedia rate and they gave it to me no questions ask. Room was super clean and elegant. We had 2 Queen suite with couch, balcony, kitchenette. What a nice place to relax! We also had a small outdoor balcony. The location is perfect for downtown Seattle sight seeing. About half way between Pioneer Square and Pike Market. The staff were extremely friendly and service oriented. For the price it was much nicer than I expected. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: ask for suite with couch/chairs and balcony not on street side.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business