“Default hotel for us in Seattle”

Kimpton Alexis Hotel
Ranked #4 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 2 December 2012

I cannot save enough good things about Alexis, from the rooms to the great service, dog friendly rooms, wine hour, complimentary coffee and sometime the wine hour include complimentary tapas which is such a nice touch. I recommend upgrading to their one bedroom and you will find yourself in a spacious room with enough room for 2 or 3 people. The location is very conducive to walk to the Seattle Art Museum, Pike Market and many many amazing restaurants. Their bistro called Library I believe is also one of my fav places to grab brunch on the weekends. So looking forward to our next stay there this month!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2012

I love our weekend brunch and Chef Dave does such a great job with our menu! Chef loves to add a nice treat to our wine hour as well! We are excited to see you on your next trip to Seattle!

Reviewed 25 November 2012

We stayed 2 nights over Thanksgiving & booked last thing so we were in awe when we opened the door to the suite. It was huge & beautiful! (Bigger than my apt). I've stayed at Kimpton properties before and have never been dissatisfied. Here are my 2 beefs- there is no full length mirror-really? And the bathroom was disappointing. Compared to the rest of the suite it's small with absolutely no counter space or vanity! A pedestal type sink ( although hip & sleek looking) there was no where to put toiletries or a makup bag! And there was lots of room for counter space. The whole design of the suite was weird lot's of wasted space. Anyway...the property itself had a homey atmosphere good food & drink- we loved the bar. Would recommend!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2012

Thank you for the kind words on our huge & beautiful suites! We are a historic property so each of our rooms has some sort of charm and is unique. Glad to hear you enjoyed our bar! Can you believe we have over 136 different whiskeys! Hope to see you next time you are in Seattle!

Reviewed 24 November 2012

First, I love Kimpton hotels. I have never had anything less than a terrific experience. We stayed at the Alexis over Thanksgiving weekend with our extended family and had a great time. The decor was exceptional, the staff friendly and helpful and the location in the middle of downtown was super convenient. We ate breakfast in the hotel at the Library Bistro which was comfortable and filling. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure you sign up for Kimpton rewards; even if you don't think you'll ever stay at anoth...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2012

Glad to hear you have had terrific stays at all our Kimpton properties! Thank you for the kind words and we hope to see you on your next trip to Seattle!

Reviewed 20 November 2012

I've been planning on staying at the Alexis for a while, but my plans kept falling through. Finally I made it for my birthday weekend. I reserved the a standard King room through the Kimpton website. I am also a Kimpton InTouch member. (I signed up a while back, and I wholly suggest that you do so before making your reservation.) Doing the online reservation was very easy and I got a deal by paying in advance. When I got to the hotel, the valet (valet is on the side of the building, not the front) was swift to attend to us and we were helped with our bags to the front reception. At the reception we were promptly greeted and the person came across as genuine and sweet. We were informed that we were upgraded to a king suite room for my birthday! We were then shown to our room and had our bags taken up. There was a bottle of sparkling white wine from St. Michelle (a local winery) and truffle chocolates waiting for us from Keith. So wonderful, and makes me really appreciate being a member of kimpton, unlike some other hotel memberships that lack those personal touches. The room was fairly big. There was a t.v lounge room that had the honor bar/fridge (Kimpton InTouch members get a $10.00 credit), a large bathroom that is designed well, a large closet off to the left, then it opens to the bedroom that has a dresser, two nightstands, a desk, two chairs and a t.v. I asked for a quiet room so our room was off to the side of the busy street and it made a huge difference. The bed was very comfortable and when making the reservation I asked for extra pillows and there were four there waiting for me.
The hotel is well located, but right on the edge for me. If you go towards pioneer square you need to be more aware of the homeless people especially at night. We went for a walk after dinner and turned back around after a short while due to how many people were on the street begging for money, to the left is pike market after a couple of blocks and the SAM on the right. Go straight forward and you are in the shopping area. If you go down you are right there by the pier.
For the less impressive part: The cost for daily valet is high ($40/ni), the maid service never replenished the toiletries (we didn't bother calling down for someone to just bring us a small bar of soap or lotion to our room), maid service threw away my Sunday paper and I barely got to read part of it.
The good far outweighs the bad, and in all actuality, we didn't really need a car until our last day. Next time!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room and they will take care of it.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

I am happy to hear that you were finally able to stay with us, and chose us to celebrate your birthday! I do want to apologize that your stay was less than perfect. Thanks again for staying with us, and I hope we get the chance to show you’re our full potential on your next visit!

Reviewed 18 November 2012

The Alexis is a wonderful hotel. We've spent 2 nights here; 2 to go---friendly, cheery, helpful staff. We booked the "Save our Sanity" deal and upon arrival were told that we were upgraded. It's a very spacious room with huge windows and the hotel's location is great. I highly recommend it.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

So glad to hear you chose to “save your sanity” with us and that our staff were able to take great care of you! Thank you for the review, and see you next time you are in Seattle!

Reviewed 17 November 2012

My wife and I recently spent 3 nights at the Alexis and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Our room was very nice, they have a wine hour each day in the lobby and they gladly allow dogs! Great location, friendly staff, a hotel that I would recommend without hesitation.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

We love our four legged friends, and isn’t wine hour the best! I say it’s the best hour of my day! Thank you for recommending us and we will see you on your next trip to Seattle!

Reviewed 14 November 2012

I had asked for a king room but was upgraded to a huge suite with two beds. One of the more luzurious rooms I have ever stayed in. Nothing to complain about here. Superb service, great beds and bath, excellent amenities and a $10 credit on the in-room snack bar. Location is in the heart of Seattle just a block from the waterfront and a few blocks from shopping and Pike Place market.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank duggem

I am happy to hear you enjoyed our “sumptuous rooms”! Glad our staff was able to take such great care of you, and that you were able to enjoy your time in the city. We hope to see you on your next trip to Seattle!