“Classy with lots of character and room options!”

Kimpton Alexis Hotel
Ranked #5 of 105 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 30 December 2012

On my boyfriend's birthday I decided to host a get together at the last minute and went on line to reserve a hotel room. I ended up booking the Seattle Art Museum Suite at Kimpton's Alexis Hotel and couldn't have been more pleased with the room, service and overall experience!

The guy at the front desk was easy going and friendly, offering all sorts of helpful tips on area restaurants and such. When I got to the room there were chocolates and a card for my boyfriend waiting. That extra little touch really made me feel like Kimpton cared about me and my stay, always a nice feeling. They also gave me a coupon good for $10 worth of mini bar treats as a thank you for being a member of their loyalty club (definitely worth joining).

The Seattle Art Museum Suite is at least 1000 square feet with a large entertaining area with a wrap around sofa, 8 person dining table, huge TV, cool chandelier and powder room. The master bedroom features a really nice large bed and a dreamy bathroom complete with a roomy two person jetted tub and separate rain shower. Throughout the suite the walls are tastefully decorated with a varied and carefully curated collection of art. I would absolutely recommend this suite to anyone looking for a good place to host a small to medium size soirée or get together! It would also be a wonderful room for a romantic getaway or girls night out type stay.

Room Tip: Boo using Kimpton's site, the rates are usually the best you'll find and they do an excellen...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2012

The SAM suite is a fantastic room in house! Thank you for the kind words, and choosing Kimpton Hotels. We hope to see you again soon! Maybe you should set up a girls weekend with your friends?

Write a ReviewReviews (2,126)

Reviewed 30 December 2012

I stay in Seattle for business about four times a year, and the Alexis is the only hotel I will stay at. The rooms are lovely and well appointed, the staff knowledgeable and friendly and the location sublime. Beds are comfortable and clean, and the staff really does their best to make sure you have the nicest stay possible.
Absolutely where you should stay if you have the chance.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2013

We absolutely agree-it's our favorite Seattle spot, too!

Reviewed 30 December 2012

I brought myself, my fiancé and our beloved Yorkie for a post-Christmas getaway from Vancouver. I had never taken a pet on a trip before, but the Kimpton chain is apparently very pet friendly and the Hotel Alexis is no exception. No pet restrictions or additional fees!

Room was large and tastefully furnished. Soaker tub was comfortable but could have been bigger.

Didn't eat at the Library Bistro but stayed for happy hour at the Bookstore Bar. Was great fun and reasonably priced, with a fantastic scotch selection.

Only drawback is the $40 a night overnight parking, though I suspect that is market for downtown Seattle.

• Stayed: December 2012

Glad to hear your family had a great holiday visit! We love to see four legged friends around the property. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 27 December 2012

Just spent 2 nights at the Alexis. Just wanted to say that the customer service was top notch and everyone was so friendly and professional. It is rare to find genuine customer service nowadays and the Alexis should get an award for having such a great a great, genuine team of staff. The Alexis also surprised me and my partner on our anniversary with a room upgrade, champagne, chocolate-covered strawberries and a personalized card. It was very thoughtful and appreciated. The room itself was extremely spacious, almost too much room for 2 people. I like the openness of the room.
The location of the Alexis is extremely convenient. We walked to all the downtown shops and centres in 15 mins! It is also super close harbour which has the new ferris wheel and the pike place market.
The only problem we had with the hotel is the parking. There is only valet parking for $40 a night. The only other option was to to public parking on our own which is super inconvenient because my partner and I got up everyday at 6:30 to walk to the parking lot and move the car and pay again later in the evening. We absolutely hated that. I can't imagine staying longer and doing that every morning. In terms of future stays, if I am driving, I definitely would be hesistant to stay with the Alexis again. Otherwise, I was quite impressed with the customer service and the overall hotel experience.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

I'm so glad you enjoyed our hotel! Us locals try not to travel by car downtown (it's tough for us too!), so we recommend the Link Light Rail to get here from the airport, and we know just what buses to take to get you anywhere in Seattle. Let us know if we can help you plan a car-free trip!

Reviewed 26 December 2012

We stayed 3 nights at the Alexis and were very pleased. The staff allowed us to check-in early. The room was small, but the furnishings were high quality. The room didn't have a coffee maker (which I was disppointed by) but the hotel offers free coffee and tea in the lobby. In the afternoon there is free wine and cocktails in the lobby. The location is convenient to everything in downtown Seattle. We were able to walk to the light rail station, Pike's Place Market and lots of shopping. We enjoyed both the bar and restaurant in the hotel. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2013

So happy to hear you will be returning. Give us a call after you've booked your next reservation and request a coffee maker-we'll have it waiting in the room for you!

Reviewed 25 December 2012

It was quite late when we finally checked in and the vibe of the lobby was very festive: a small check-in area and people gathered around in party attire-definitely a holiday party going on. But due to some snafu at check-in, we were told that the hotel was completely sold out. We were disappointed but even more tired from having traveled from New York and asked them how this could be remedied. The front desk staff apologized profusely and made arrangements for us to spend a night at a sister hotel which was about 5 blocks away. That hotel didn't have the same atmosphere at all, but we were there just to sleep. We accepted everyone's apologies and went to that hotel for 1 night and then returned to 'our' hotel for the remaining 2 nights.
Well, let me just say that the hotel staff at the Alexis Hotel couldn't have been nicer to us from the moment we checked in for our 2nd night until we checked out on the 3rd. They righted our situation as much as could be asked for and I have to say, not only was our room clean and spacious and well-appointed, but the entire atmosphere of this jewel of a hotel will definitely keep us coming back here whenever we come back to Seattle, which I hope will be soon. The location is great, just a few minutes walk to Pike's Market, and we walked to various restaurants in the area and even walked to the ferry that took us over to Bainbridge Island. All together, atmosphere, extremely friendly service and terrific location is what make a good hotel great!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

I am SO glad to hear our staff was able to take such great care of you, even after we were sold out and had to send you to one of our sister properties. I am sorry your check-in was a smooth as we would have liked it. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 25 December 2012 via mobile

My husband and I spent another wonderful night at the Alexis this past Saturday. This stay included the canine member of our family as well.
From our friendly, proficient registrationist, Kayelyn, at check in to check out with the always engaging, hospitable Mr. Mike Hill and literally every single staff member we came into contact with the Alexis is most deffinately our favorite place to call home base for our weekend excursions downtown. We stayed in another beautifully kept, wonderfully decorated room and had our first occasion to entertain friends in our room following a night on the town. Everyone in our group was comfortable, had a great late night snack thanks to room service, and had a great time.
We love the Alexis for many reasons and will continue to visit at any opportunity.
Cheers to all for a job well done.
Kristen Ferguson

• Stayed: December 2012

So glad to hear our staff took such great care of you! Send us some pics of your four legged friend from your stay so we can post them on our FaceBook! See you soon!