“Fabulous boutique hotel”

Ranked #4 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Fabulous boutique hotel”
Reviewed 3 March 2013 via mobile

Came back to Seattle for a few days. Decided to stay at the hotel we stayed at for our honeymoon 10 yrs ago. Still love this hotel. Great location, close to the waterfront. Staff is wonderful, very friendly. We have stayed at other Kimpton hotels. This is one of our favorites. Rooms are spacious and nicely appointed.

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dizizz
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this review, 11 March 2013
Come visit more often! There is always a reason for an Alexis stay : )

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (473)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Washington State
Reviewed 28 February 2013 via mobile

We simply love the Alexis! It's our go to place to stay when we want a getaway from regular life. This visit was great as they all have been. When we checked into our room we were upgraded to a beautiful fireplace suite. Plenty of room to lounge around. We've stayed in a number of their room types and they all are beautifully appointed. The beds are extremely comfortable.
The service at the hotel has always been top notch. Everyone is so welcoming and accommodating. Keith, the chief concierge, is extremely knowledgable about the Seattle area and a great "go to" when you want to find a particular shop, restaurant, music. The nightly wine reception is a nice relaxing touch that we look forward to tasting good wine and relaxing and plan our evening.
The Bookstore Bar has a good selection of draft beer and the Cosmo I had was just right and tasty! We had breakfast the next morning in the Library Bistro which was delicious and it's a part of our stay we look forward to. Mmmm fresh squeezed orange juice.... :-)
Thanks again to the Alexis for your continued devotion to customer service and we look forward to our next visit with you!

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank iluvmyshihtzu
We simply love our guests! I'm happy to hear you checked out both the Bistro and the Bar--we're lucky to have such quality and unique dining right in the hotel.
Washington, DC
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Great location - short walk to the market and lots of great bars/restaurants close by. The front desk was very helpful, which we are accustomed to with Kimpton properties. Can't go wrong. Bathroom was nice.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank marcesq42
Thank you!
Washington
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I enjoyed my stay here very much and would absolutely stay here again. The location was excellent, right next to the water and also conveniently located to the businesses in the University Street area (although you'll be climbing UP the hills for those!). I didn't get to try the Bookstore Bar or Library Bistro, but both looked popular and inviting. The lobby is spacious with comfortable chairs, and I enjoyed a glass of wine during the complimentary wine hour and even kept myself busy creating a postcard with the available blank cards and colored pencils downstairs (cute touch!) The furnishings in the rooms and throughout the hotel were modern but elegant (reminded me of The Nines hotel in Portland). The toiletries were upscale, the bed was comfortable, and everything about the room was clean and well taken care of. The alarm clock even had several ambient noise options, so I fell asleep to the sound of the ocean. I had a standard King room, which was a bit on the small side, but I expected that, as I read that it was a boutique hotel. If I were traveling with my family, I might upgrade to a larger room just to have a bit more space for a portable crib and what not. For just me, though, it was absolutely perfect. It would be fine for a couple as well. The only downside was that the bathroom featured a pedestal sink, which looks beautiful, but I had a hard time figuring out where to put my overnight kit and curling iron while I was getting ready. There is a table in the bathroom but it isn't next to the outlet. Definitely not a deal-breaker, though, and I made it work. The staff at the hotel was exceedingly friendly and welcoming both during the day and night.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Kit5074
Wine Hour is such a great way to enjoy the hotel from outside of your room-I'm glad you had fun. P.S. Next time you visit ask for a room with a full counter top sink, they do exist!
Abilene, Texas
Reviewed 24 February 2013

My wife and I along with another couple recently stayed at this wondeful hotel in Downtown Seattle. This hotel is a more "modern" and trendy hotel. The staff were very helpful and really took care of us during our stay. I did recieve some "perks" due to my hotel loyalty status as we were upgraded to suites. The rooms had wonderful views of Puget Sound as we were on the 4th and 6th floors (we stayed one night then went to Vancouver for one night then returned). The hotel even provided us with a bottle of champagne each night we were there (again, the loyalty perks). The suites were more like apartments, with a seperate bedroom, dining area and living room area. Instead of the "traditional white robes" the robes here were in "chetah/leopard" design! Lots of Windows on two sides of the living area and in the bedroom, all attributed to the atmosphere. The hotel is very close to Pike Market, in fact we walked there each day. I think the only "drawback" would have to be the parking, $40 per night-Valet, we thought this was a bit much. I was able to find parking about 1 block away for half that amount. My wife left her cell phone and when I called they were happy to mail it back to us as we were already at the airport. I offered to pay for the postage but they insisted that as a loyalty member they were more than happy to take care of it for us! So, I think it would be wise to join thier loyalty program even if you may only stay once or twice. Again, great, trendy hotel, close to Pikes Market, wonderful Staff, Very Clean Rooms and Oustanding Customer Service. I recommend getting a Corner Suite on the 4th-6th Floors.

Room Tip: Try to get a "Corner Suite" 4th-6th floors!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Felix I
Our Loyalty program is a great way to make the most of your Kimpton visits. We love to spoil our guests!
Bothell, Washington
Reviewed 22 February 2013

The Alexis Hotel is a lovely boutique hotel with very nice rooms and excellent amenities. The Bookstore Bar and the Library Bistro are both excellent, and the hotel has 24 hour room service as well. If you like to travel with your dog, the Alexis Hotel is the place to stay. Everyone greeted our dog - and us - with such warmth and care. We will definitely go back again and again. Thank you!

Room Tip: Go for a fireplace room if your budget allows.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this review, 24 February 2013
We love to spoil all of our friends--two legs or four!
DALLAS
Reviewed 22 February 2013

This boutique hotel has an excellent location for visiting Pike's Market and the Bay area. The staff was friendly, courteous and helpful. We enjoyed the afternoon hot chocolate and the evening wine. We stayed in the Fireplace Suite. BEAUTIFUL. Great experience.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HistoricalSights
Thank you, HistoricalSights, come see us again if you need a break from all that Dallas sunshine!