“perfect stay”

Kimpton Alexis Hotel
Ranked #4 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 25 March 2013

It was a great pleasure to stay at the Kimpton in Seattle! Check-in was very professional and fast, and although we arrived around noon, we could check in immediately. Our room was spacious and beautiful, the bed comfortable and the bathroom well equipped. We had breakfast in the Library, which was fantastic, their granola is delicious. They also have great background music during breakfast. Barfood at the bar was decent and all the staff was always very friendly and helpful. We used the WiFi from the North Face Store which was direct under our room. We highly recommend the Kimpton!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2013

That housemade granola is the perfect comfort food for chilly Seattle mornings.

There are newer reviews for Kimpton Alexis Hotel

Reviewed 24 March 2013

The Alexis may the nicest Kimpton hotel I've stayed in to date. The staff is friendly and helpful, the location is great -- convenient for business and pleasure travel. The hotel is fairly small, with small but very nice public spaces. The restaurant is nice, and the bar is delightful. My sense is that the rooms vary, but the suites are definitely spacious and comfortable. They have different themes, consistent with the arts focus of this hotel. All in all, really a nice place to stay. Would definitely come back.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Our themed suites are too much fun, and the perfect way to add character to your hotel stay. Thank you for the sincere review!

Reviewed 23 March 2013 via mobile

Yet again, I find myself in Seattle with a last minute need to stay overnight. Of course my first instinct is to check with the Alexis for room availability. Katelyn at the front desk picks up and tells me that there is only one room left! Because I was in the middle of birthday festivities I was unable to get to the hotel right away. Katelyn immediately responds with, no problem, I'll hold the room for you until you get here. No hurry or worry. Awesome.
I arrive at the hotel several hours later, immediately greeted by Steve and Barclay who are juggling several guests who were leaving all at the same time after a wedding reception. No problem for these two. They expertly handle all the traffic and take care of my car as always.
Naturally, a quick stop at the bookstore is necessary after check in. The bartenders are top notch of course. Devon and Crystal are amazingly busy finishing up for the night but not too busy to provide for all of my whims. Can't say enough good things about these too. For anyone who likes scotch, the bookstore has a fantastic selection.
Megin, the night clerk squares away my boarding passes for my flights the next day and is generally awesome at ensuring I don't forget anything. If you desire any late night eats, she has awesome recommendations. Super nice lady.

And of course, the next day I wake up and Anthony is there with fresh coffee in the lobby. It doesn't matter what time of day or how early it is. He has a way of making hangovers not feel so bad and is always a good ear for a nights recap. Bones and Katie at the library take care of all my breakfast needs. The service is great, of course. The food, yummy.

Why is the Alexis the best hotel in Seattle? Because the folks that work there are amazing.
Like I said, the Alexis never disappoints.

• Stayed: March 2013
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2013

Why are our guests the best in Seattle? Because they are a part of our family! Thank you from each and every one of us at the Alexis--you rock!

Reviewed 23 March 2013

We stayed at the Alexis Hotel our first night in Seattle. Since the hotel was in the middle of everything, we actually decided to return our rental car three days early because we knew we could walk everywhere.

The moment we walked into our hotel room, we were impressed. The decor is just slightly eclectic, but more modern and really nice. The room was the perfect size and overlooked the street. The room had a mini food bar available for sale in the room with the best assortment of items I've seen! The bathroom was modern and great in size! The room really made it feel like home.

Check in/out were both really easy and our entire experience with the Alexis Hotel was very pleasant. Extra bonus was as we were leaving the next morning they were filming a movie/commercial/television show outside so that was fun to see!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2013

We pride ourselves on being just a little unconventional--it's what keeps the Alexis fresh!

Reviewed 20 March 2013

Visited the Alexis hotel in February. The hotel is very central! We were able to walk almost everywhere! We checked in and the staff were very friendly! The room was spacious with very nice decor. The bathroom was very nice, and spacious too. The only thing the room lacked was closet and drawer space. We asked for an upgrade, and were accommodated on the spot to a bigger room, with a view! No extra charge! The hotel offered happy hour every night and included wine and a hot toddy (hot drink-cider & whisky). They also had a guitarist who sang and took request! He was AWESOME! The hotel had the cutest bar too - The BookStore! Loved it! Didn't try the food, but the drinks were great! Recommend the whisky flight. Would definitely return to hotel..and The BookStore Bar!

1  Thank MissymeCalifornia

The Bookstore Bar is a gem--stop by on Movie Mondays for drink specials, popcorn, and of course, a new flick each week.

Reviewed 20 March 2013

The Alexis was the third Seattle hotel we stayed at in the last three years, and it was the best. When we arrived, late in the evening I thought it might be a bit further from the city centre than others, but not so. The location at 1007 First Avenue is perfect, a few blocks from Pike Place.

The Library Bistro/bookstore is a popular spot, although the food service ended just before we arrived at 10.0pm. Plenty of options nearby though advised by the cheerful helpful staff.

Breakfast is in another downstairs room and offers a great range including a huge bowl of porridge big enough to satisfy all of the three bears. All sorts of other rooms for functions on the ground floor too.

The beds are comfortable, and the service from the wonderful staff was great. A small glitch after I left (a bottle of wine from the in room bar charged in error) was sorted quickly once I pointed it out.

Handy car service I was able to charge to my room at 4.00am worked well too.

Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank kevino101

There is nothing quite like a good night's sleep. Thanks for the review, kevino101, hope to see you back at the Alexis for more sweet dreams.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

We had a painless check-in and friendly greetings. We booked through Hotels.com, so we weren't really sure what to expect. The hotel itself was cute and romantic. There was a library bar in the lobby. Our room was great...pretty good in size and the decor was awesome. My favorite part was that they had leopard print robes, which just seemed fun. We got a room on the West side on the 3rd floor. We got the very basic room and it had everything we needed. The location is awesome, too. Valet parking only and it's $30 dollars which is a bit much when you can park across the street for less yourself.

The only two complaints I have were the bed - it was ROCK hard and I had a hard time sleeping. The other one was the noise level. We went on a Thursday night into Friday morning, so it was apparently trash day because the dumpster and trash truck were so loud in the alley! The only way to remedy that would be to get a room that is not near all of that. Otherwise, it wasn't bad at all...I'm assuming this isn't a problem on the weekends.

It's pricey, but I think it's worth a shot for a night.

Room Tip: If you go during the week day, do not get a room in the alley at the risk of listening to the garbag...
1  Thank Sara R

We understand that downtown noise can get a little overwhelming. Please do not hesitate to let us know if you need anything to get refreshed!