“Best Hotel In Seattle”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Portland, Oregon
“Best Hotel In Seattle”
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I travel about 3 weeks out of every month to many of the major cities on the west coast so I have an opportunity to stay in many hotels. One of my favorite hotels is the Alexis in Seattle. Not only do they always treat people with a level of courtesy that in unprecedented but the rooms are beautiful. The free wine hour in the lobby is a nice way to start the night. Ask for Mike Hill if you need anything and they will find a way to get you what they need. In fact any one of the staff will find a way to get what you need. From Adela, Monika, Cody, Kye, Christina, Keith at the front desk to Chris, Sam, Anthony, Brandon, Christian, at the valet and bell desk to Francisco, Salvador in Engineering to Cissy in housekeeping always make my stay amazing. The hotel is pet friendly with Harrison being the director of pet relations.. A little secret: if you join their loyalty program (which is free) you get a $10 coupon to raid the mini bar and if you stay enough times Lisa in room service will leave your requested amenity in your room. I always get dark chocolate and something local (they left me some local beers this last visit). This is a must stay in Seattle.

Room Tip: Any of the rooms are nice but if it is a special occasion make sure you let anyone at the front desk...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank raghu r
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this review, 7 December 2013
Thanks Raghu R. for such a wonderful review! You hit the money on the mention of our Kimpton In Touch program. Like you said, you get the $10 off the mini bar, and now we have the "Raid the Bar" cards, where you can use that $10 towards a purchase in either the Bookstore Bar or Library Bistro. It's super awesome! And it looks like you are Inner Circle status...pretty neat! I'm so happy to see that your interactions with our staff members have been nothing but memorable for you. They are all pretty fantastic, and with your choice of words, makes me think you feel the same? Thank you, thank you for being a loyal guest to this hotel. It goes above and beyond for us to hear all the great things you had to say about us. Till next time!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (466)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 26 November 2013

One of the best boutique hotels on the west coast.
The evening reception is a must for meeting travelers and drinking good local wines.
Both restaurants are fantastic and the staff is 100% committed to your happiness.
This hotel is not just pet tolerant - it's pet friendly including a welcome board for all pooches!
Room 201 is my favorite with a cosy fireplace! A+

• Stayed November 2013
We love our four legged friends! Most of us here at the hotel have pets of our own and share that love for furry creatures. :) I'm so happy to hear that we are your "must stop!" That is wonderful! We hope to you and Mr. Smiley back with us for your next Seattle adventure!
Washington, DC
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I had a three night stay at this property in November. The suite was huge with all the amenities I could need. This was my second stay at the hotel and the overall experience was great both times. Stay kicked off perfectly when the valet, Christian, immediately solved a problem that occurred as I walked in the door. Cab couldn't take credit and nearest ATM was broken. Christian paid for the cab without a pause, allowing me to check in without having to panic about where I was going to find $50 for the cabby. All interactions with staff were top-notch and the little bar off the lobby was perfect for nightcaps. All in all, a great hotel...

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this review, 1 December 2013
I've heard that about cabs not being able to take credit cards...but one of our valets paying? Oh that is fantastic! Good job Christian! That makes me so happy hear. What a nice gesture. Like I have said before in the past, we definitely pride ourselves on our connections with the guests. We want nothing but the best for the guests who stay with us, and I am glad to see that this story takes the cake! Thank you for sharing this with us, it is much appreciated! We look forward to having you back in the future!
London
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Maybe its because we had just spent two nights in the Loden in Vancouver, but the Alexis sadly did not meet our expectations.

The room was huge, but we would rather have had half the space and a really well designed room that didn’t include an open sink area near the bed (in addition to the bar in the entrance hallway) and wardrobe doors that felt like a throw-back to the 1970’s. And for such a large suite, why such a small bathroom with only a shower over the bath? Really disappointing.

The hallways were an absolute state. Once you had negotiated the cleaning trolley and used room service trays, you were left with a tired, strange smelling space with doors straight out of a local motel.

Popping a few bits of art on the wall does not make a design hotel.

Shame. We were really looking forward to staying here.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your notes and thoughts on the layout of the room you stayed in. Our hotel is made up of 121 rooms and each one is different in size and different in its finishing touches. If you aren't happy with your room, just come on down to the desk and we will be delighted to move you to another room or see how we can hopefully find you something a little more to your liking. We do appreciate the review, and hope that you will return and give us another chance! It seems that somehow you missed all the little perks which our guests have come to love, like... complimentary wine hour each night and pots and pots of coffee and treats in the lobby each morning...we like to make sure our guests are happy!
Washington
Reviewed 21 November 2013

The Alexis Hotel staff has a " generosity of spirit " that you will notice the minute you check in for your stay. Kimpton Hotels are a favorite of mine and after a recent stay in Seattle, the Alexis heads to the top of the list. First " gift " was an upgrade to an enormous room that could have accommodated my entire family. Thankfully this occasion was for a " sister weekend " but we did so appreciate the extra room. Second lovely gift ~ The very engaging concierge and his knowledge of where we might find the best mimosas in town along with a fabulous brunch ! Next, our request to stay one additional night since power was out on Bainbridge Island. Within 2 minutes question whether staying another evening was fulfilled without my sister and I having to move our room. At ALL times, there was never a sigh of exasperation; an " eye roll " for yet another question being directed their way. If anything, every single member of this stunning property smiled and offered to go above and beyond my expectations. There is a vitality within each member we met on staff. You can just sense they love being a part of the Alexis Hotel experience and we were the ones who benefitted ! Thank you and cannot wait to return ! ~ Nancy

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Hi Nancy! Thank you for posting such a great review! We take so much pride in our interactions with our guests and the way that they feel when they stay with us. We like to make everyone feel as if they were at home and in that, we never hesitate on the requests or needs of our guests. It's the fun part of our jobs here. When guests can walk around with a smile on their face and feel like they are welcomed here, we can feel like we have done our jobs well. I'm happy to hear that you had a wonderful "sister weekend" and we look forward to your next visit. Till next time! :)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I did a mattress run at three of their Seattle properties (Monaco and Vintage Park were the other two) and The Alexis was my second favorite.

I was upgraded to a HUGE and lovely corner suite. It was the second time ever I've experienced a suite where you can shut the bedroom door. The other was their Vancouver property oh so many years ago. I adored the coziness of that. Outside my bedroom windows were two trees swathed in fall leaves. A joy to wake up to..

The lobby is lovely and spread out into two sections.A good place to have coffee and an even better one for their wine happy hour. If you're going to take a steam- a nice sized space you reserve all to yourself, have them turn it on about 1/2 hour prior to usage. I was the first and while it steamed up in about 10 minutes, the tile was still too cold to lay on.

God bless the Keurig coffee machine in my room. I wish the other 2 properties had them. It's not that big of an investment but the reward it would reap in customer satisfaction would go up immensely on that one detail alone. People love their morning coffee. I know I do.

The thing I appreciated most was that Monica at the front desk called over to the Monaco to let them know I was on my way over, so that when I walked in 10 minutes after leaving the Alexis, I was greeted by name and with much fanfare. All the lovely amenities are fantastic-the upgrade, my favorite cheesecake, the spry little goldfish who was my roommate for a day...but nothing rivals that kind of personal touch that is hoped for, but rarely executed, It counts. ALOT.

I would absolutely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
I'm happy to hear that we made the cut! Thanks for contributing such a thought out review; this is great! I have to say, one of my favorite things in the fall is the trees outside. And when it's right outside your window, that's even better! Well I am very glad that your stay with us was far beyond exceptional and that it is considered a hotel you would recommend. That means so much to us! Thank you. We look forward to having you back here with us! Till the next time. :)
Birch Bay, Washington, United States
Reviewed 19 November 2013

From the moment we walked in (valet running to help us), to the moment they helped us into our car ( with a ridiculous amount of stuff) We were delighted around every corner! We explained our horrible day sitting on hwy 2 for nearly 5hrs and having to cancel our reservations we'd had in Leavenworth for months. The staff at the front desk showed personal disappointed for the outcome of our day. They were positive and reassuring that Seattle would still offer us a fun wkend. This lifted my spirits already. Not long after being in our room (we had requested a martini glass as champagne glass be brought up) a manager personally delivered our glasses, a lovely bottle of wine, chocolates, and a handwritten bday note. The extra touch and care was unbelievable and again helped to turn my disappointment into hopes of a fun wkend. The next morning we ordered coffee to be brought up, the woman was so sweet and had fun conversation with my husband to the point that you'd think we'd all were friends. Again above and beyond friendless just improved our stay! Then before heading to find a place to catch the Seahawks game we remembered a few things that were left in the car... Without hesitation a gentleman from valet ran to our car retrieved all our items and was up to our room in no time! He was rocking a hawks jersey so my husband and he chatted about the upcoming game... Again, just like friends! We had drinks in the bar, enjoined the wine social hour, and everything else the hotel had to offer! Everytime we walked in or out if the front doors we were greeted with huge smiles and genuine care... We felt like a couple that had been there so many times we were old friends with every xtra we encountered.

Room Tip: Our room was small but very clean and very nice
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us! That makes me very happy to hear that our staff made you feel like home here. We love when guests feel like the Alexis is their home when they are away from home. I'm sorry to hear about the cancelation in Leavenworth...it's always a bummer when your plans don't go accordingly to plan. But it looks like everything worked out in the end. Thank you again for sharing your story, and we look forward to having you stay with us again. :)