“Meh: nothing exceptional ”

Kimpton Alexis Hotel
Ranked #4 of 105 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

Alexis has all the trappings of a Kimpton. I didn't try the food there. It's a good location close to Pike Place market and the waterfront. Great if you're a tourist, but as a business traveler, I found the market shuts down at five so the area is dead by the time you return from work. There are lots of other options in town that seem better.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Hi Apalan! I'm sorry to hear that your stay was not exceptional. By reading the review, I'm not sure if you realized all of the perks you get when staying with us? From the coffee bar in the morning, to the hot chocolate cart throughout the day, to the wine hour we host every night; there are tons of reasons to why we are exceptional. Being located in a downtown area, most places do tend to close early, but we do know of a bunch of places that aren't. Just ask the front desk and we would be happy to point you in the right direction. No problem! That's what we are here to do for you as our guest. I hope that you try us out again and scope out all the cool things we have to offer.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,126)

Reviewed 5 December 2013

I was on a short business trip and booked a room without realizing that pets were allowed. As I am highly allergic to dander, I asked for a room that generally were booked for petless guests. I was initally told that the roomed were completely cleaned after a pet stay and that there were no rooms that were "pet-less". I did push back a bit and was placed in a room on an upper floor. The check-in clerk was very nice. There was tension however at the front desk (oh well)! The room was beautiful, I loved the bathroom. Just remember to ask for what you want!

Room Tip: Remember pets are welcomed.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Hello there margaretcho! I'm sorry to hear there were some issues with the pet free rooms. We DO have two floors, the 5th and 6th, that we reserve as "pet free" floors. So we tend to not book guests on those two floors. But there are a few specialty suites, like our Honeymoon Suite, that we only have one of and if a guest books it with a pet, we cannot deny them. That's why they may have explained that we do not have any "pet-less" floors. I do apologize for the confusion! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the room regardless. We hope that you try us out again, and just let us know about needing a pet free room. :) Till next time!

Reviewed 5 December 2013

In seattle for the weekend. Service and attention by staff was great. Very friendly and helpful. Would stay here again. We would have like coffee in the room but it was available in the lobby. Location and is great and it is only a 10min walk to Pike's Market and 5 min walk to the water.

Room Tip: Rooms with a strew view can be a bit noisy. Shampoo and soap dispenser in the shower didn't wor...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Hi there Nlprice! Thanks for taking the time to write up this review. It is very much appreciated! I'm glad to see that you had a great stay with us even though there were a few things missing. Luckily we do have the coffee service every morning in the lobby! I did notice that you prefer it in you room, so on you next stay, just ask the front desk to send up a personal coffee maker. We would happy to accommodate that. Also, for the soap dispensers, again, ask the front desk and we can get those fixed right away. No problem! I hope that we can make your next visit even better then the last! :) Till next time!

Reviewed 4 December 2013

I have never - ever - stayed here and not been blown away by the Alexis. The service is impeccable. The efforts that the staff make to remember you, and to make your stay comfortable are truly unparalleled. I've traveled for business mostly, but pleasure too, heavily in the past 15 years. For the dozens of times I have stayed at the Alexis, I have not one negative thing to say. The valets are engaging and efficient. The front desk staff is charming and accommodating. Even the housekeeping staff are very friendly and sweet. It's clean, it's luxe, it's fabulous. If they're available, they are my first choice of all Seattle hotels. Kimpton does it right - the Alexis does it best.

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent. The suites are very spacious.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2013

Hello gal_away_pdx! Wow, thank you for your wonderful words on our staff. They are a HUGE reason why our hotel is so successful, and I can't thank them enough. But it is pretty amazing when they get to read reviews like this one. I'm so happy to hear that we are your choice for Seattle hotels. Thank you for your review on us and thank you for being our guest. Time and time again. Till next time!

Reviewed 1 December 2013

We stayed one night in a spa suite with a special 30% off suites deal. Wow! The room was large, with a nice sofa sitting area that my dog loved. What was really amazing was the huge marble and mirrored Ceasar-esque bathroom with spa tub. Some Seattle friends came to hang out for a while and I was almost embarrassed by the opulence. However, I assured them that I got a cheap deal and no pet fees made it more reasonable. Some hotels downtown charge $100, which is ridiculous. They are really pet friendly at the Alexis, even watching our dog when we all went out to an amazing dinner at Cafe Castagna in the market. They got a healthy tip for the impromptu dog-sitting, so remember to slip them something nice if they watch your fur babies when you are out on the town.

The only drawback is the loudly humming fan, which woke me up at 2:30 am and disturbed my sleep thereafter. I couldn't figure out what the noise (and vibration) was, so I called downstairs. They offered to give me earplugs or change my room. That was very nice (and unnecessary), but they didn't direct me to the heating/cooling system, which I figured out was the culprit when I was fully conscious in the morning. Anyway, they did handle the situation well despite my fitful sleep. The noisy fan system needs to be changed, though!

Overall, we had a great, decadent time in the spa suite. I think some rooms are even bigger at this hotel, and I urge you to splurge on a suite!

Room Tip: The spa suite bathroom is immense and beautiful. Get a suite!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Hi mandypdx! I'm happy to hear that you had an overall great time here. Sorry about the chorus of sounds from the vent. Being such an historic building, we will have some bumps here and there. But I feel those kinks are made up but the beautiful spaces that the building provides. Thank you for sharing you thoughts on our Spa Suites. And I'm also happy that your four-legged pup had a good time too. We love pets here and feel you shouldn't have to pay extra for them to travel with you. So we hope to see you again! Till next time.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

I travel about 3 weeks out of every month to many of the major cities on the west coast so I have an opportunity to stay in many hotels. One of my favorite hotels is the Alexis in Seattle. Not only do they always treat people with a level of courtesy that in unprecedented but the rooms are beautiful. The free wine hour in the lobby is a nice way to start the night. Ask for Mike Hill if you need anything and they will find a way to get you what they need. In fact any one of the staff will find a way to get what you need. From Adela, Monika, Cody, Kye, Christina, Keith at the front desk to Chris, Sam, Anthony, Brandon, Christian, at the valet and bell desk to Francisco, Salvador in Engineering to Cissy in housekeeping always make my stay amazing. The hotel is pet friendly with Harrison being the director of pet relations.. A little secret: if you join their loyalty program (which is free) you get a $10 coupon to raid the mini bar and if you stay enough times Lisa in room service will leave your requested amenity in your room. I always get dark chocolate and something local (they left me some local beers this last visit). This is a must stay in Seattle.

Room Tip: Any of the rooms are nice but if it is a special occasion make sure you let anyone at the front desk...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank raghu r
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

Thanks Raghu R. for such a wonderful review! You hit the money on the mention of our Kimpton In Touch program. Like you said, you get the $10 off the mini bar, and now we have the "Raid the Bar" cards, where you can use that $10 towards a purchase in either the Bookstore Bar or Library Bistro. It's super awesome! And it looks like you are Inner Circle status...pretty neat! I'm so happy to see that your interactions with our staff members have been nothing but memorable for you. They are all pretty fantastic, and with your choice of words, makes me think you feel the same? Thank you, thank you for being a loyal guest to this hotel. It goes above and beyond for us to hear all the great things you had to say about us. Till next time!

Reviewed 26 November 2013

One of the best boutique hotels on the west coast.
The evening reception is a must for meeting travelers and drinking good local wines.
Both restaurants are fantastic and the staff is 100% committed to your happiness.
This hotel is not just pet tolerant - it's pet friendly including a welcome board for all pooches!
Room 201 is my favorite with a cosy fireplace! A+

• Stayed: November 2013

We love our four legged friends! Most of us here at the hotel have pets of our own and share that love for furry creatures. :) I'm so happy to hear that we are your "must stop!" That is wonderful! We hope to you and Mr. Smiley back with us for your next Seattle adventure!