“"Holiday Magic"”

Kimpton Alexis Hotel
Ranked #4 of 105 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 14 December 2013

For most of my nearly 60 years having a December birthday meant waiting until Christmas to get my special gifts. But this year I gave myself one of the best presents ever and spent a weekend at the lovely Alexis hotel in Seattle. Even though we live 15 miles north of the big city in quaint Edmonds it was an amazing feeling to be in the middle of the holiday magic at the Alexis. From the carolers in the lobby (complete with apple cider brandy courtesy of Keith) to the elegant room with high ceilings and soft lights I felt at home and a bit like a princess all at the same time. Walking along the bustling streets of twinkling lights it was impossible to not get caught up in the festive energy. It was not far to Westlake Center with the holiday carousel and a horse drawn carriage around the corner. Fellow guests were friendly and fun at the wine tasting and hot cocoa bar. The staff are cheerful and genuine. My thanks to Britta, Tracy, Adela, Kye, Cody, Sam, Nick and Lisa for making me feel welcome and special. And if you have a little extra time treat yourself to a facial from Jackie at the Chroma Salon on site. That was the icing on my magical time at the Alexis.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Barbie W
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Thank you Barbie W. for sharing your stay with us! It sounds like you had a great time in the city and at the hotel. Isn't Westlake Center beautiful this time of year? That's exciting that you were able to get some R&R at our Chroma Spa as well, that's wonderful! I think birthdays should always be celebrated just the way you have! And I hope that you join us for your next birthday, if not sooner! Thank you for being our guest, and saying such lovely things about our staff. They are a part of what makes this hotel fantastic! Till next time.

Jenne

Write a ReviewReviews (2,126)

Reviewed 12 December 2013

I say diamond in the rough because the Alexis hotel was just that-a hidden gem. Starting from the valet with a warm welcome. Then the ever hilarious front desk staff, especially the adorable blonde..I think her name was britta? (Yes like the water filter)

Sitting just a few blocks from pike place market and a perfect distance away from the party scene, it is cocooned by coffee shops,bakeries, sushi joints,salons. You almost walk right by it!

Once inside, it's smooth decor of modern day chic meets funky hip gives you good vibes immediately. With a library turned restaurant and bar, a complimentary wine hour, and hot cocoa stand (add your own marshmallows!) need I say more?

I shall..the staff is personable, genuine and all smiles. I can't stand automated machines and certainly don't like speaking to trained staff as such. You won't find that here !!

If you are looking for an oasis,a stay cation, an excuse to spice things up, I highly recommend the Alexis. I would visit every day if they'd let me!!!!

• Stayed: October 2013

I wont lie...reading through your review, 425flywest, I could not stop smiling. Your choice of words to describe all of the fine details of are hotel, are so spot on. Our staff if filled with such great people, I'm so happy you noticed! As you said, the ever hilarious Britta is definitely one of them! Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It has made me very happy and I hope that we get to share our "diamond in the rough" with you again! Till next time.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

I haven't been to many hotels, but that doesn't make a difference in how welcomed I felt at the Alexis Hotel in Seattle, WA. The hospitality service was above what I was expecting. The front desk was very helpful, energetic and very approachable. The rooms were very clean and had tasteful decors. The Wi-Fi service was easy to set up and worked at a decent speed. Even though my room faced a major street, I barely heard any noise (which is great since I had work to do). I tip my hat off to the quality of the noise reduction windows.

Great hotel to stay at, I would definitely stay again and I would recommend it to anyone who asks.

Room Tip: The suites in this hotel are unlike any others I've ever seen. If you need a suite, I'd reco...
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Well thanks for the hat off gesture, AGuyCalledJoe! That is very kind of you! We have just recently renovated the second floor windows with better sound proof windows. They have been fantastic for our guests in keeping out the hustle and bustle of the city. I'm so happy you noticed...or didn't notice I should say. ;) I'm so happy to hear that you had a wonderful time here with us. I hope we get to see you again soon! Till next time.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

I like this hot. I like it a lot. The staff are friendly. The service is very, very good. People are helpful. And it is comfortable.
I had never been in Seattle and needed to arrange an event and stay at the Alexis. Traveling from overseas, this is no small matter. But the events people at the Alexis are pros, really. We had a small group staying at the hotel, all from out of town, and not one of them was disappointed. The rooms were comfortable and all enjoyed the stay. Our dinner event was handled to a "T", no one was disappointed.
Two things, though: a) closet space in my room was small and the two side tables at my bed had no storage space, and b) the internet signal in my room was weak only getting strong if I went near the door, which was not pa comfortable thing to do.
I recommend this hotel. It's excellent, reasonably priced, and in the middle of everything. Just great!

Room Tip: One note: like most hotels in America, rooms seem not to be available if one arrives early, which se...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Thanks Tamarindwalk for taking the time to write this review for us! I happy to hear that the trip was enjoyable. I hope that next time we can get you into a room with a little more storage. If you ever find that a room does not have everything you need, just let the front desk know, and we will try our best to get you into the best room possible. No problem! We are here to make sure that your stay is as close to being at home as possible. Hopefully we will see you again for your next overseas trip! Till next time.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

I adore this hotel it has a great Seattle vibe. Rooms are spacious, well-appointed (Umm, LEATHER wallpaper and marble floors in my suite). A cozy leopard robe was an unexpected touch. The art is vibrant and the atmosphere sublime. The foam pillows were not my thing, but I'm pretty sure I could have called the front desk to switch that, however, I crashed into that big bed before I could give it another thought. Soaring ceilings and stunning windows on the second floor, too. Who needs to go out?! And, of course the food is insanely satisfying. The location downtown is ideal and a quick walk to all kinds of great things (The piers, Pike Place Market, SAM...) Loved it!

Room Tip: The suites are worth every penny. An upper floor affords more privacy in the bedroom.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

You are so great with your word choices, Allison O! That is fantastic! I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed all of the small and large touches that our boutique hotels has to offer. Our suites are pretty awesome and spacious to say the least! Next time, do call down to the front desk and get some feather pillows sent up...we are happy to make sure your stay is perfect. But I do understand when you're tired, you're tired! Well thank you for sharing your review of the Alexis. We look forward to having you stay again!

Reviewed 11 December 2013

The staff could not be more nice and helpful. They had great restaurant suggestions (Anthony suggested Salty's in West Seattle and it was exactly the type of restaurant I was looking for). The maid service was great. The hotel has a smaller, cozy feel. The restaurant in the hotel (the Bookstore) had such a huge whiskey selection! I had the tuna and kale salad and was blown away with how good it was.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I'm so happy that you had such a great stay, Katharine W! Thanks for sharing it with us. The Bookstore is a great spot for whiskey...over 100 different kinds. Definitely a lot to choose from! That was a great suggestion Anthony gave. He's pretty great for suggesting the delicious eateries in Seattle! Well we look forward to your next visit. Till next time!

Reviewed 11 December 2013

Around every corner after checking in I found myself noting all the little details, decor, art, hot chocolate bar, hallways, etc. and thinking "cool". This is a great boutique hotel. I was not expecting such a spacious room. It's business friendly and well lit and for the size it is still cozy. I did not like the fact that there was no coffee maker in the room, that they charge for the internet $12.95 / day, and the shower head is not adjustable. I would definitely stay here again. It's a great location and comfortable. I like the elevator posts of hotel personnel and their commentary about their favorite things in the area.

Room Tip: I would suggest a room that isn't facing the street or a higher floor if you do. I was on the th...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Hi LinGal2001! Thanks for taking the time to write this review for us. I happy to hear that you will join us again in the future! Which brings me to mention, if you sign up for our Kimpton In Touch program, you can get free wifi. It's one of the many perks of being a member! Also, you can always request for a coffee maker to be sent to the room, no problem! Just let the front desk know, and we will be happy to send one up. We look forward to you staying with us again! Till next time.