“Amazing Experience”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Lethbridge, Canada
“Amazing Experience”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We stayed at the Alexis Hotel from Nov 29 to Dec 3. We had come for the Monday night football game and booked the Spa Suite. The room was excellent in every way. The jacuzzi was huge and the room was large with an amazing view of the Ferris Wheel. We spent a lot of time in the Library bar which had great service and awesome clam chowder. And I really can't say enough about the doormen. They were beyond helpful and really made everything go smoothly. Special thanks to Paul and Shannon. It is refreshing to see people that really care about customer service and the hotel that they work for. This was the best experience I've had at a hotel and we will always stay here when in Seattle.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 639 and had a amazing view of the Ferris Wheel and it was super quiet
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this review, 21 December 2013
Thanks Trisha8749! We always appreciate when guests make a nice shout out to our employees. Shannon and Paul are pretty amazing at what they do and in making sure our guests are as happy as can be. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed one of our Spa Suites. They are everything you need and more in a room! Well we hope to have you back again for another trip. Maybe try another one of our suites. :)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (466)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

Great room, friendly staff (everyone, and I mean EVERY staff member, said hello and asked how our stay was going), Cody in bell/valet was great at remembering our names, chic surroundings, art exhibits, hot cocoa in the lobby and great location.

Some drawbacks: one could hear noise from the room above at all hours, parking was $45/night (I travel frequently and even I found this excessive), restaurant was closed for lunch and dinner leaving one with only the poor selections in the bar as an option for dining, they have a very annoying business computer that charges by the minute and for practically everything.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Hi Diegodad2, thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us! I'm happy to hear that our staff stood out to you during your stay. We like to make sure our guests feel at home when they are away from their own. :) I'm sorry to hear that there were also drawbacks on your trip. Next time for the parking, check out our special packages that have discounted parking. Also our business center can be a little tricky on the pricing. But if you join the Kimpton in Touch program, you can get free wifi. Also, just speak to the front desk and they can help you out with anything you need. I hope that you give us another try in hopes that the next stay is just as good as this one.
Edmonds, Washington
Reviewed 14 December 2013

For most of my nearly 60 years having a December birthday meant waiting until Christmas to get my special gifts. But this year I gave myself one of the best presents ever and spent a weekend at the lovely Alexis hotel in Seattle. Even though we live 15 miles north of the big city in quaint Edmonds it was an amazing feeling to be in the middle of the holiday magic at the Alexis. From the carolers in the lobby (complete with apple cider brandy courtesy of Keith) to the elegant room with high ceilings and soft lights I felt at home and a bit like a princess all at the same time. Walking along the bustling streets of twinkling lights it was impossible to not get caught up in the festive energy. It was not far to Westlake Center with the holiday carousel and a horse drawn carriage around the corner. Fellow guests were friendly and fun at the wine tasting and hot cocoa bar. The staff are cheerful and genuine. My thanks to Britta, Tracy, Adela, Kye, Cody, Sam, Nick and Lisa for making me feel welcome and special. And if you have a little extra time treat yourself to a facial from Jackie at the Chroma Salon on site. That was the icing on my magical time at the Alexis.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Barbie W
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Thank you Barbie W. for sharing your stay with us! It sounds like you had a great time in the city and at the hotel. Isn't Westlake Center beautiful this time of year? That's exciting that you were able to get some R&R at our Chroma Spa as well, that's wonderful! I think birthdays should always be celebrated just the way you have! And I hope that you join us for your next birthday, if not sooner! Thank you for being our guest, and saying such lovely things about our staff. They are a part of what makes this hotel fantastic! Till next time.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I say diamond in the rough because the Alexis hotel was just that-a hidden gem. Starting from the valet with a warm welcome. Then the ever hilarious front desk staff, especially the adorable blonde..I think her name was britta? (Yes like the water filter)

Sitting just a few blocks from pike place market and a perfect distance away from the party scene, it is cocooned by coffee shops,bakeries, sushi joints,salons. You almost walk right by it!

Once inside, it's smooth decor of modern day chic meets funky hip gives you good vibes immediately. With a library turned restaurant and bar, a complimentary wine hour, and hot cocoa stand (add your own marshmallows!) need I say more?

I shall..the staff is personable, genuine and all smiles. I can't stand automated machines and certainly don't like speaking to trained staff as such. You won't find that here !!

If you are looking for an oasis,a stay cation, an excuse to spice things up, I highly recommend the Alexis. I would visit every day if they'd let me!!!!

• Stayed October 2013
I wont lie...reading through your review, 425flywest, I could not stop smiling. Your choice of words to describe all of the fine details of are hotel, are so spot on. Our staff if filled with such great people, I'm so happy you noticed! As you said, the ever hilarious Britta is definitely one of them! Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It has made me very happy and I hope that we get to share our "diamond in the rough" with you again! Till next time.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I haven't been to many hotels, but that doesn't make a difference in how welcomed I felt at the Alexis Hotel in Seattle, WA. The hospitality service was above what I was expecting. The front desk was very helpful, energetic and very approachable. The rooms were very clean and had tasteful decors. The Wi-Fi service was easy to set up and worked at a decent speed. Even though my room faced a major street, I barely heard any noise (which is great since I had work to do). I tip my hat off to the quality of the noise reduction windows.

Great hotel to stay at, I would definitely stay again and I would recommend it to anyone who asks.

Room Tip: The suites in this hotel are unlike any others I've ever seen. If you need a suite, I'd reco...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Well thanks for the hat off gesture, AGuyCalledJoe! That is very kind of you! We have just recently renovated the second floor windows with better sound proof windows. They have been fantastic for our guests in keeping out the hustle and bustle of the city. I'm so happy you noticed...or didn't notice I should say. ;) I'm so happy to hear that you had a wonderful time here with us. I hope we get to see you again soon! Till next time.

Makati, Philippines
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I like this hot. I like it a lot. The staff are friendly. The service is very, very good. People are helpful. And it is comfortable.
I had never been in Seattle and needed to arrange an event and stay at the Alexis. Traveling from overseas, this is no small matter. But the events people at the Alexis are pros, really. We had a small group staying at the hotel, all from out of town, and not one of them was disappointed. The rooms were comfortable and all enjoyed the stay. Our dinner event was handled to a "T", no one was disappointed.
Two things, though: a) closet space in my room was small and the two side tables at my bed had no storage space, and b) the internet signal in my room was weak only getting strong if I went near the door, which was not pa comfortable thing to do.
I recommend this hotel. It's excellent, reasonably priced, and in the middle of everything. Just great!

Room Tip: One note: like most hotels in America, rooms seem not to be available if one arrives early, which se...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Thanks Tamarindwalk for taking the time to write this review for us! I happy to hear that the trip was enjoyable. I hope that next time we can get you into a room with a little more storage. If you ever find that a room does not have everything you need, just let the front desk know, and we will try our best to get you into the best room possible. No problem! We are here to make sure that your stay is as close to being at home as possible. Hopefully we will see you again for your next overseas trip! Till next time.
Lake Stevens, Washington
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I adore this hotel it has a great Seattle vibe. Rooms are spacious, well-appointed (Umm, LEATHER wallpaper and marble floors in my suite). A cozy leopard robe was an unexpected touch. The art is vibrant and the atmosphere sublime. The foam pillows were not my thing, but I'm pretty sure I could have called the front desk to switch that, however, I crashed into that big bed before I could give it another thought. Soaring ceilings and stunning windows on the second floor, too. Who needs to go out?! And, of course the food is insanely satisfying. The location downtown is ideal and a quick walk to all kinds of great things (The piers, Pike Place Market, SAM...) Loved it!

Room Tip: The suites are worth every penny. An upper floor affords more privacy in the bedroom.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

You are so great with your word choices, Allison O! That is fantastic! I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed all of the small and large touches that our boutique hotels has to offer. Our suites are pretty awesome and spacious to say the least! Next time, do call down to the front desk and get some feather pillows sent up...we are happy to make sure your stay is perfect. But I do understand when you're tired, you're tired! Well thank you for sharing your review of the Alexis. We look forward to having you stay again!