“Best customer service I've ever experienced with any business”

Kimpton Alexis Hotel
Ranked #4 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 21 December 2013

*Prepare for a rant and rave about the above and beyond amazing customer service of this hotel.*
My (now) wife and I came to Seattle from Denver to get married. Gay marriage (or as I like to call it equal marriage) is not yet legal in Denver. In my quest for hotel's supportive of our goal the Alexis came up at the top of the results. They currently have a "Suite on you- Celebrate Equality" promotion which is what initially drew me in.
It does not stop there. When researching where we should have our ceremony we decided we just wanted to have it at the hotel to keep things centralized and simple. They gave us a free upgrade to their executive suite so we could have plenty of room for our ceremony. It was a slew of generosity. After that came complimentary champagne and chocolate covered strawberries with a congratulatory Mrs. & Mrs. greeting card. I think the cherry on top of it all was a wedding cake. Yea, while we went to go get our makeup done for the ceremony that morning, Tracy at the front desk went to a bakery and got us a little cake with two brides on it. She personally delivered it to our room 10min after the ceremony was done.
That night we moved to the Spa suite which had an enormous jet bath rub or depending on how you look at it a mini hot tub. They had set up candles and another bottle of champagne with two strawberries decorated like little brides.
I highly recommend this hotel not just on customer service but also on classiness, quality of rooms, and convenience. They're right in the middle of Seattle so we didn't even need to rent a car while we were there. Go here, have the best time of your life

Room Tip: The Spa Suite has the best bathtub, it's an enormous jet tub. The Executive Suite has tons of r...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2014

Wow, this is super fantastic! This sounds like a dream come true of a stay...thank you for sharing your story with us! Tracy is such a wonderful and caring member of our team, and we are so lucky to have her. It sounds like she really made your experience with us memorable. We wish you and your wife all the best, and congrats again!! So happy that you enjoyed your stay. I hope we get you back for all of the anniversaries to come!

Jenne

Write a ReviewReviews (2,097)

Reviewed 20 December 2013

We stayed at The Alexis Hotel to celebrate my husbands birthday. Everything about our stay was excellent. Our room had a view of the water front and the Ferris Wheel.The hotel is tastefully decorated and the staff went out of there way to make us feel welcome and relaxed. We enjoyed the wine hour and our Concierge Keith directed us to the perfect restaurant for dinner.
We will definatly be back again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Happy belated birthday to your husband! I'm so happy to hear that you two had a great trip here with us. Keith is so great with recommendations, for anything really. It's nice to be able to pick his brain and hear all of his knowledge on our wonderful city. Thank you for being our guest, and we look forward to making your next stay just as good as the last!

Reviewed 18 December 2013

Once again the Kimpton experience is the best. Beginning with a warm, down to earth welcome by a great staff including a canine welcome in a chic lobby. The wine reception with my Golden Retriever was fun as we met another Golden.

Our fireplace suite was enormous and tastefully decorated. Not much of a view from our window but Seattle autumn weather is not picturesque.

Library Bar atmosphere was sublime and food proved tasty.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2013

Well it sounds like everyone had a good time, rootsandshoots! That's fantastic! Even our four legged friends can enjoy wine hour...just not the wine. But they do get to enjoy the dog biscuits we have in the lobby. :) And it looks like you met Harrison, our Director of Pet Relations, at check in. He does love to great our guests with a smile! I'm glad to see that you enjoyed one of our beautiful Fireplace Suites. They are just perfect for a nice and relaxing weekend. Thank you for sharing your stay with us! We hope to have you, and your pup, join us again! Till next time.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

We stayed at the Alexis Hotel from Nov 29 to Dec 3. We had come for the Monday night football game and booked the Spa Suite. The room was excellent in every way. The jacuzzi was huge and the room was large with an amazing view of the Ferris Wheel. We spent a lot of time in the Library bar which had great service and awesome clam chowder. And I really can't say enough about the doormen. They were beyond helpful and really made everything go smoothly. Special thanks to Paul and Shannon. It is refreshing to see people that really care about customer service and the hotel that they work for. This was the best experience I've had at a hotel and we will always stay here when in Seattle.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 639 and had a amazing view of the Ferris Wheel and it was super quiet
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thanks Trisha8749! We always appreciate when guests make a nice shout out to our employees. Shannon and Paul are pretty amazing at what they do and in making sure our guests are as happy as can be. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed one of our Spa Suites. They are everything you need and more in a room! Well we hope to have you back again for another trip. Maybe try another one of our suites. :)

Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

Great room, friendly staff (everyone, and I mean EVERY staff member, said hello and asked how our stay was going), Cody in bell/valet was great at remembering our names, chic surroundings, art exhibits, hot cocoa in the lobby and great location.

Some drawbacks: one could hear noise from the room above at all hours, parking was $45/night (I travel frequently and even I found this excessive), restaurant was closed for lunch and dinner leaving one with only the poor selections in the bar as an option for dining, they have a very annoying business computer that charges by the minute and for practically everything.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Hi Diegodad2, thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us! I'm happy to hear that our staff stood out to you during your stay. We like to make sure our guests feel at home when they are away from their own. :) I'm sorry to hear that there were also drawbacks on your trip. Next time for the parking, check out our special packages that have discounted parking. Also our business center can be a little tricky on the pricing. But if you join the Kimpton in Touch program, you can get free wifi. Also, just speak to the front desk and they can help you out with anything you need. I hope that you give us another try in hopes that the next stay is just as good as this one.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

For most of my nearly 60 years having a December birthday meant waiting until Christmas to get my special gifts. But this year I gave myself one of the best presents ever and spent a weekend at the lovely Alexis hotel in Seattle. Even though we live 15 miles north of the big city in quaint Edmonds it was an amazing feeling to be in the middle of the holiday magic at the Alexis. From the carolers in the lobby (complete with apple cider brandy courtesy of Keith) to the elegant room with high ceilings and soft lights I felt at home and a bit like a princess all at the same time. Walking along the bustling streets of twinkling lights it was impossible to not get caught up in the festive energy. It was not far to Westlake Center with the holiday carousel and a horse drawn carriage around the corner. Fellow guests were friendly and fun at the wine tasting and hot cocoa bar. The staff are cheerful and genuine. My thanks to Britta, Tracy, Adela, Kye, Cody, Sam, Nick and Lisa for making me feel welcome and special. And if you have a little extra time treat yourself to a facial from Jackie at the Chroma Salon on site. That was the icing on my magical time at the Alexis.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Barbie W
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Thank you Barbie W. for sharing your stay with us! It sounds like you had a great time in the city and at the hotel. Isn't Westlake Center beautiful this time of year? That's exciting that you were able to get some R&R at our Chroma Spa as well, that's wonderful! I think birthdays should always be celebrated just the way you have! And I hope that you join us for your next birthday, if not sooner! Thank you for being our guest, and saying such lovely things about our staff. They are a part of what makes this hotel fantastic! Till next time.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

I say diamond in the rough because the Alexis hotel was just that-a hidden gem. Starting from the valet with a warm welcome. Then the ever hilarious front desk staff, especially the adorable blonde..I think her name was britta? (Yes like the water filter)

Sitting just a few blocks from pike place market and a perfect distance away from the party scene, it is cocooned by coffee shops,bakeries, sushi joints,salons. You almost walk right by it!

Once inside, it's smooth decor of modern day chic meets funky hip gives you good vibes immediately. With a library turned restaurant and bar, a complimentary wine hour, and hot cocoa stand (add your own marshmallows!) need I say more?

I shall..the staff is personable, genuine and all smiles. I can't stand automated machines and certainly don't like speaking to trained staff as such. You won't find that here !!

If you are looking for an oasis,a stay cation, an excuse to spice things up, I highly recommend the Alexis. I would visit every day if they'd let me!!!!

• Stayed: October 2013

I wont lie...reading through your review, 425flywest, I could not stop smiling. Your choice of words to describe all of the fine details of are hotel, are so spot on. Our staff if filled with such great people, I'm so happy you noticed! As you said, the ever hilarious Britta is definitely one of them! Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It has made me very happy and I hope that we get to share our "diamond in the rough" with you again! Till next time.