“The Spa Suite”

Kimpton Alexis Hotel
Ranked #4 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 24 December 2013

I have stayed at most of the hotels in the downtown area. This one is a well located hotel close to all downtown. The spa suite is spectacular. Ample room, great view and the biggest jetted tub I have ever seen. Worth the upgrade.
The lobby is beautiful and welcoming. There was a hot coca cart set up to help ease the chill. Now my first choice in the city.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Kimberly S
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2014

Thank you socalks for making us your number one choice! That is wonderful. Our Spa Suites are so wonderful to relax in. They are the perfect room for a little R&R. I happy to hear that you enjoyed the hot chocolate cart as well. It has been a really great treat to have in the lobby for the holidays. We look forward to your next visit with us, take care!

Reviewed 24 December 2013

My 1-night stay at the Alexis was my first time there and at any Kimpton property. I stayed there for a quick business trip purchased via a rare visit to Priceline.com. While that may explain the small room, it doesn't explain the weak service or other major flaws. Alexis, don't entice people to come to your hotel for a discount rate and then provide a bad experience.

Knowing I was arriving late, I called mid-day and asked for a quiet room, ideally with a view. I was told that no views existed because they're only 4-floors tall. At 12am, when I maneuvered the 1-way streets, the $42/night valet-only parking was an obscene greeting, especially because I wasn't told it was $42 when I called about the options ("valet only"). [Warning: the semi-nearby lot looks good at $8 overnight until the receipt reveals it expires at 7am, which meant an additional charge.] The desk clerk was clipped & snooty toward me, and also to a guest calling to inquire about the high valet fee. The room was clean but small with too much furniture. The road noise from 1st Ave was loud with passing cars & honking & construction. The mini-bar was absurdly expensive and the front desk said the nearest other option was a 7-Eleven, 3 blocks away (in December, 35-degrees, 12am). The bathroom sink was clogged and drained very slowly. The ice from bags didn't taste right. The cheap leopard-print robes were ugly and rough. The mini-fridge rattled 3-feet from the bed. While 4-poster/pole beds can be cool, this one was aluminum and clattered when bumped and was too awkward for a small room where the foot of the bed was 2-3 feet from the fridge/minibar cabinet. The shower's water pressure was decent except when someone flushed. The room did offer many outlets for charging devices but the lack of free wifi at a so-called 4-star hotel in high-tech Seattle was lame. The worst FAILURE, and the motivation for this review was the lack of a comforter for the bed. Not even in the closet - just the sheet and a lightweight bedspread - that's absurd in Seattle (ever), and in mid December (especially). Instead of calling the grumpy front desk person at 12:30am, I turned up the heat & spread all the extra bath towels on the bed.
Breakfast in the area was a challenge since other reviews indicated that both the Library Bistro and the one across the street were sub-par and slow. The distance to Pike Place Market was too far to walk in the winter. Never again, Alexis. And maybe never a Kimton again.

Room Tip: If road-noise bothers you, don't accept a room facing 1st Avenue.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank KSalzo
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

I am genuinely sorry to see that rather than exceeding your expectations we fell short. Please reach out to me personally at jenne.neptune@alexishotel.com if you would like to discuss your stay further. We would love another chance to show you the kind of service we work so hard to provide! Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Alexis last spring, and absolutely loved it. The rooms are so unique and gorgeous. We had an awesome view of the water! The staff was so friendly, helpful and seemed genuinely to enjoy their jobs and really wanted to make sure we enjoyed our stay! Top notch customer service, for sure. I also love the hotels location - very easy to walk to lots of downtown attractions, like Pikes Place and museums. We can't wait to get back to Seattle and back to The Alexis!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Thanks txtx87 for coming back and sharing your stay with us! It's never too late to write a review. It sounds like your trip was enjoyable. Glad to hear that you loved the rooms! We like to wow our guests with all of the little details that change through out each room. We can't wait to amazing you again! Till next time...

Reviewed 21 December 2013

We recently stayed at the Alexis Hotel and had the best time. We live in Seattle but will frequently stay at a hotel in city for a weekend "getaway" or in this case, to experience downtown Seattle during the holiday season. Check in was smooth with the warm and friendly staff. Our room was a spacious corner executive suite with a peek a boo view of the sound. The property is beautiful, especially with all the holiday decorations. The wine hour was great as expected, although the hotel lacks the seating space in the lobby that is present in other Kimpton properties. Customer service was at it's best, especially with Cody, part of the front desk staff. On our way back from dinner, it was late and no stores were open at that hour, but my husband had a hankering for a glass of milk. I stopped by the front desk and asked if I should order from the hotel bar or from room service. He replied that he would have one sent up to our room, complimentary. That level of customer service is hard to find and won me over. We ate at the Library Bistro for breakfast and found it pretty good. At first, the hostess made it seem like it was going to be a bit of an effort to get us a table, but once we were seated, the level of service improved. For those coming from out of town, the location of the Alexis is really great. It is just a tad south of the downtown core, but close enough to walk to shopping, Pike Place Market, and the waterfront piers. Overall, I highly recommend the Alexis. The staff (warm and friendly), location, and condition of the property provided a great experience (even for us locals!). We will most certainly be back.

Room Tip: Sound (west) facing rooms would be spectacular on higher floors!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Thanks Milly6020 for this great review of your stay! Aren't little getaway trips the best?? I'm glad to hear that your stay was fantastic. That was very sweet of Cody to get your husband his glass of milk. Cody is so great with making sure all of our guests are happy and have everything they could ever need. We pride ourselves on our customer service and our guest interactions, and I am very happy that you recognized that. Thank you for being our guests and we look forward to being your hotel of choice for your future city getaway adventures!

Reviewed 21 December 2013

*Prepare for a rant and rave about the above and beyond amazing customer service of this hotel.*
My (now) wife and I came to Seattle from Denver to get married. Gay marriage (or as I like to call it equal marriage) is not yet legal in Denver. In my quest for hotel's supportive of our goal the Alexis came up at the top of the results. They currently have a "Suite on you- Celebrate Equality" promotion which is what initially drew me in.
It does not stop there. When researching where we should have our ceremony we decided we just wanted to have it at the hotel to keep things centralized and simple. They gave us a free upgrade to their executive suite so we could have plenty of room for our ceremony. It was a slew of generosity. After that came complimentary champagne and chocolate covered strawberries with a congratulatory Mrs. & Mrs. greeting card. I think the cherry on top of it all was a wedding cake. Yea, while we went to go get our makeup done for the ceremony that morning, Tracy at the front desk went to a bakery and got us a little cake with two brides on it. She personally delivered it to our room 10min after the ceremony was done.
That night we moved to the Spa suite which had an enormous jet bath rub or depending on how you look at it a mini hot tub. They had set up candles and another bottle of champagne with two strawberries decorated like little brides.
I highly recommend this hotel not just on customer service but also on classiness, quality of rooms, and convenience. They're right in the middle of Seattle so we didn't even need to rent a car while we were there. Go here, have the best time of your life

Room Tip: The Spa Suite has the best bathtub, it's an enormous jet tub. The Executive Suite has tons of r...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Wow, this is super fantastic! This sounds like a dream come true of a stay...thank you for sharing your story with us! Tracy is such a wonderful and caring member of our team, and we are so lucky to have her. It sounds like she really made your experience with us memorable. We wish you and your wife all the best, and congrats again!! So happy that you enjoyed your stay. I hope we get you back for all of the anniversaries to come!

Reviewed 20 December 2013

We stayed at The Alexis Hotel to celebrate my husbands birthday. Everything about our stay was excellent. Our room had a view of the water front and the Ferris Wheel.The hotel is tastefully decorated and the staff went out of there way to make us feel welcome and relaxed. We enjoyed the wine hour and our Concierge Keith directed us to the perfect restaurant for dinner.
We will definatly be back again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Happy belated birthday to your husband! I'm so happy to hear that you two had a great trip here with us. Keith is so great with recommendations, for anything really. It's nice to be able to pick his brain and hear all of his knowledge on our wonderful city. Thank you for being our guest, and we look forward to making your next stay just as good as the last!

Reviewed 18 December 2013

Once again the Kimpton experience is the best. Beginning with a warm, down to earth welcome by a great staff including a canine welcome in a chic lobby. The wine reception with my Golden Retriever was fun as we met another Golden.

Our fireplace suite was enormous and tastefully decorated. Not much of a view from our window but Seattle autumn weather is not picturesque.

Library Bar atmosphere was sublime and food proved tasty.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2013

Well it sounds like everyone had a good time, rootsandshoots! That's fantastic! Even our four legged friends can enjoy wine hour...just not the wine. But they do get to enjoy the dog biscuits we have in the lobby. :) And it looks like you met Harrison, our Director of Pet Relations, at check in. He does love to great our guests with a smile! I'm glad to see that you enjoyed one of our beautiful Fireplace Suites. They are just perfect for a nice and relaxing weekend. Thank you for sharing your stay with us! We hope to have you, and your pup, join us again! Till next time.