“A Christmas Blessing!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
china
“A Christmas Blessing!”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We arrived on Chrstmas night and walked in expecting their walk-in rate to be crazy. We were greeted with warm friendly smiles, hot chocolate and treats for our dogs! We were given a great rate and a free room upgrade! The hotel is immaculate and the rooms are spacious,clean and comfortable! We will definitely stay here again, we highly recommend The Alexis to anyone traveling to Seattle!

1 Thank iloveboracay
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this review, 1 January 2014
We love to take care of our walk in guests just as much as all of our other guests! Especially when it is the holidays. Thank you for sharing your stay with us! I'm glad to see that even your pups had a great experience too. It looks like we will be seeing you again for your next Seattle adventure. Till next time!

Jenne

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (473)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
San Carlos
Reviewed 26 December 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Monaco in Portland. We were so impressed by the "Kimpton Experience" we changed our reservation at another large hotel in Seattle to the Alexis. A very wise decision! The staff are a delight, the hotel is immaculate, and the rooms are decorated with charm, comfort, and whimsy. The training of the staff is in evidence from the welcome at the front door to the valet who brings your car in the garage. We were upgraded to the Ballet Suite, and loved its view of the water and gorgeous spaciousness. My husband and I boarded our plane for home vowing to stay in a Kimpton property whenever possible.

1 Thank knlangford
I have got to say I agree with you on your decision change. It makes me happy to hear that you enjoy the Kimpton experience that our hotels love to offer! It is our number one priority to make sure that our guests are happy and at ease. Traveling can sometimes be hectic and we want to make sure that you are well taken care of. Thank you for noticing the efforts we set forth to always be creating the "Kimpton Experience." We look forward to seeing you back here in the future!

Whittier Ca.
Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

In town for the Co. Christmas party. Incredible weekend stay at the Alexis.
Company party was held in the Library Bistro. Great ambience, great food, great friends.
We stayed in the "Pacific Northwest Ballet Suite" (room 527?). Corner suite. Beautifully decorated with wonderful water/ city views. Service and food were excellent (with one exception, later). At breakfast I had the chef's special with braised pork belly, which was incredible! I asked the waitress to find out what type of spices were used in the dish. The Chef came out personally to explain how the dish was made. Nice touch.
The one exception was when we ordered a late night snack of popcorn and an apple crumble dessert. Popcorn tasted like microwave, dry, no butter, tasteless. The apple crumble was forgettable. To their defense, I was contacted later after filling out an online survey by Adela Lee, Hotel and Restaurant Coordinator, to let me know that the room service concern was noted and would be corrected.
Overall, an incredible stay. This now my Hotel when I'm in Seattle.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you, clidarkhorse for taking the time to write a review about your stay. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the Pacific Northwest Ballet Suite! It's a very beautiful room, and you really can't beat the view. It's pretty fantastic! Your breakfast experience sounds like it was a memorable one. Chef Chris is very talented chef and it's great when he is able to share some of his little secrets about the food! I'm sorry to hear about your room service order. It makes me happy to hear that you have made the Alexis your hotel of choice. We look forward to making your future stays just as memorable as the first! Till next time.

Dunfermline, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 December 2013

We had an excellent experience at this hotel. We were visiting Seattle for the first time and chose this hotel for the location and we found a good deal online. Really convenient to the sights - just under a mile to walk to Pikes Market. Bus stop is just outside the hotel and major routes are close by. The room was exceptional. Very nicely decorated and comfortable. Very spacious bed and power points on the bedside table (extra points for that!). Shower was great, bathroom really clean. The staff was really friendly and helpful. This hotel even smelled great - fresh coffee, Aveda products (a salon is close by), and hot chocolate. Would stay here again in a heartbeat. I feel I need to adjust my other hotel reviews back a bit as they just don't compete. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: I'm sure the higher you get the better the view - could maybe get a view of the waterfront.
Green Features: I think you can rent bikes to get around the city. There was a few bikes in the lobby with a sign.
1 Thank elizkane99
So happy to hear that you had a great trip, DebbJ! Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. You definitely hit all the high points! Comfy beds, great artwork, close to fun Seattle attractions, and most importantly, walking distance to Pike Place Market. We hope you come and stay with us again! Till next time.

Brisbane
Reviewed 24 December 2013

A lovely boutique style hotel that suited our family of 4 very well! Loved the artwork and tastefully decorated rooms, comfy beds and wonderful service. Found it very easy to access most major attractions in Seattle. Easy walk to shops in downtown and the wonderful Pike markets.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Rancho Santa Margarita, California
Reviewed 24 December 2013

I have stayed at most of the hotels in the downtown area. This one is a well located hotel close to all downtown. The spa suite is spectacular. Ample room, great view and the biggest jetted tub I have ever seen. Worth the upgrade.
The lobby is beautiful and welcoming. There was a hot coca cart set up to help ease the chill. Now my first choice in the city.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Kimberly S
Thank you socalks for making us your number one choice! That is wonderful. Our Spa Suites are so wonderful to relax in. They are the perfect room for a little R&R. I happy to hear that you enjoyed the hot chocolate cart as well. It has been a really great treat to have in the lobby for the holidays. We look forward to your next visit with us, take care!

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 24 December 2013

My 1-night stay at the Alexis was my first time there and at any Kimpton property. I stayed there for a quick business trip purchased via a rare visit to Priceline.com. While that may explain the small room, it doesn't explain the weak service or other major flaws. Alexis, don't entice people to come to your hotel for a discount rate and then provide a bad experience.

Knowing I was arriving late, I called mid-day and asked for a quiet room, ideally with a view. I was told that no views existed because they're only 4-floors tall. At 12am, when I maneuvered the 1-way streets, the $42/night valet-only parking was an obscene greeting, especially because I wasn't told it was $42 when I called about the options ("valet only"). [Warning: the semi-nearby lot looks good at $8 overnight until the receipt reveals it expires at 7am, which meant an additional charge.] The desk clerk was clipped & snooty toward me, and also to a guest calling to inquire about the high valet fee. The room was clean but small with too much furniture. The road noise from 1st Ave was loud with passing cars & honking & construction. The mini-bar was absurdly expensive and the front desk said the nearest other option was a 7-Eleven, 3 blocks away (in December, 35-degrees, 12am). The bathroom sink was clogged and drained very slowly. The ice from bags didn't taste right. The cheap leopard-print robes were ugly and rough. The mini-fridge rattled 3-feet from the bed. While 4-poster/pole beds can be cool, this one was aluminum and clattered when bumped and was too awkward for a small room where the foot of the bed was 2-3 feet from the fridge/minibar cabinet. The shower's water pressure was decent except when someone flushed. The room did offer many outlets for charging devices but the lack of free wifi at a so-called 4-star hotel in high-tech Seattle was lame. The worst FAILURE, and the motivation for this review was the lack of a comforter for the bed. Not even in the closet - just the sheet and a lightweight bedspread - that's absurd in Seattle (ever), and in mid December (especially). Instead of calling the grumpy front desk person at 12:30am, I turned up the heat & spread all the extra bath towels on the bed.
Breakfast in the area was a challenge since other reviews indicated that both the Library Bistro and the one across the street were sub-par and slow. The distance to Pike Place Market was too far to walk in the winter. Never again, Alexis. And maybe never a Kimton again.

Room Tip: If road-noise bothers you, don't accept a room facing 1st Avenue.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank KSalzo
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
I am genuinely sorry to see that rather than exceeding your expectations we fell short. Please reach out to me personally at jenne.neptune@alexishotel.com if you would like to discuss your stay further. We would love another chance to show you the kind of service we work so hard to provide! Thank you for sharing your feedback.