“Great hotel in downtown Seattle” 5 of 5 bubbles

Kimpton Alexis Hotel
Ranked #5 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Moscow, Russia
“Great hotel in downtown Seattle”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed everything at this hotel. Valet parking, a small gym, complimentary hot chocolate at the reception, USB sockets by the bed for your iphone, great selection of on-demand TV, library styled breakfast bar, leopard skin styled bathrobes, great concierge who made awesome recommendations

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, akonopl! It seems that you took advantage of all the little and big things we have to offer here at the hotel. That is great! We look forward to having you stay with us again. Maybe Keith our concierge will have some cool new spots for you to check out. Till next time!

Jenne

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (452)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Yakima, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

We had a great time at the Alexis Hotel. Traveling with dogs is always a little worrisome. Adale (the concierge) and the other Alexis staff took all of our worries away. They treated our dogs like their own. We were able to attend the Seahawks game and dinner afterwords without wondering if the dogs were ok. We asked them to be walked at specific times and the staff left us little notes after each time. The hotel even welcomed their arrival with a welcome board in the lobby. The hotel also took very good care of us humans. We took advantage of the Yoga channel, but weren't able to make it to the spa. Alexis Hotel is now our first choice when visiting Seattle.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this review, 4 January 2014
Well it sounds like this trip was a success! It's so wonderful when we have guests with pets and we are able to give both the owners and pets a fun experience. We really do enjoy having pets here, an love to pamper them like we do our guests! We hope that you join us again sometime. Let us know you are coming in advance with the pups, and we can get their names up on the dog board. Till next time!

Stamford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

Our stay was wonderful. The staff was attentive, the room huge, clean and perfectly appointed. The location is central to almost everything. The wine hour and hot chocolate bar are nice touches too. Highly recommend.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks you Jematra for writing a review on your stay with us! The hot chocolate bar has been a huge success here at the hotel, and I'm glad that you think so as well. I hope that you come back and enjoy the many more wine hours that we have everyday. It is pretty awesome, huh? Thanks again for being our guest, and we look forward to your next stay!
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

I recently threw myself a bit of a going away bash and the Alexis was kind enough to accommodate us in one of their massive One Bedroom Suites. They included free Valet and a few drink vouchers for the hotel bar (which is fabulous in it's own right, as is the restaurant), as well as sending up a bottle of wine, some chocolate and strawberries on the house. The hotel doesn't look particularly fancy from the street, so I think it may be often over looked for the much flashier Hotel 1000 across the street. This is a mistake, as the rooms are larger, beautifully and comfortably appointed, and a fraction of the price in many instances.

The hotel staff is absolutely lovely, including the dog Harrison who is in charge of Pet Relations and just generallyy keeping the front desk adorable. Kayode Stephens-Terry was especially instrumental in ensuring that my stay was perfect and took special care of all my guests...I think a raise may be in order.

The service in the restaurant was also impeccable, swiftly accommodating my pressed mornning schedule with a smile and serving up delicious fare and an impressive cappucino.

All in alll it was the perfect hotel experience and I would not hesitate to stay there again in future.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Claire B
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this review, 11 January 2014
Wow, what a wonderful review Claire B! I'm glad to see that you had a successful going away bash. I like your perception of the exterior of our hotel. Being part of the Historical Society, our building may not appear as modern compared to newer hotels, but we love the fact that we are a part of the history of Seattle and that once you walk through our doors, you are shown otherwise. So thank you for noticing! I'm also happy to hear that you noticed Kye as well. He is such a great part of our team, and I know that he puts our guests first. Thank you again for being our guest, and we definitely look forward to your next stay with us!

Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

This hotel was picked for us by family, and it wasn't the sort of situation where we could choose elsewhere. I am allergic to cats and my wife is allergic to dog, so the phrase pet friendly strikes fear into my heart. Besides the itchy eyes and meh sleep, I would recommend it for my parents who travel with a dog. The first room had no tub, the toilet ran and the heater was loud, but then they moved us to a fantastic room with a jetty tub so they are attentive and give good service. It is just that my eyeballs would prefer to stay somewhere else.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Guineapigsrule
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review for the hotel. Kimpton Hotels are known for being pet friendly among a lot of other things. One thing we do offer is two pet-free floors. We do tend to get guests in that have special requests for allergies, so we tend to get them into the rooms that are on these floors. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the jetted tub. Those rooms are pretty fantastic. I know allergies are an issue, but I do hope that you try us our again!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

I work for another hotel chain believe it or not but I chose this particular hotel based on scores and location and something different. The "BEST" choice I ever made, the entire staff made my family feel very welcome immediately. We were upgraded with a top notch room with much more than we expected. Staff answered all of our questions, and handled all of our issues. Perhaps management should consider however allowing minors in the Bookstore if private gatherings are going to close the Library. The staff however was great they took our desert order which is all we wanted and allowed us to take it upstairs, it made my 7yr olds night, he got his ice cream! Will be back!!

Room Tip: Ummm...I cant really everyone has his/or her own preferences.
Green Features: Energy efficeint hotel! Ok I wasn't really paying that much attention to what they want so I'll let you decide what stuff was energy efficeient.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks John M for sharing your experience with us! I'm so happy to hear that your family had such an "awesome" time too. And some good news for you is we will soon be allowing all ages into the bar...as of this Wednesday we are closing that Bookstore Bar to renovate in to becoming the Bookstore Bar and Cafe. It will be our new restaurant that will allow all ages. So if you are back after mid-February, it will be up and running for your enjoyment! We look forward to having you and your family back. Till next time!
Unknown
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

Honestly, my family and I love Kimpton properties. This property in particular has a beyond family feel. Walking into the property, our family felt like we were the only ones at the property.

The room we were upgraded too (In Touch members) was the ballet suite.... Our three girls loved the beauty and tranquility of the room. Hubby and I loved the private bedroom!

If you are a family, this property is great and has fabulous accommodations!

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank spa_mama_ca
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this review, 1 January 2014
What a great title you have for this review! I like the sound of it... Thank you spa_mama_ca for taking the time to share your lovely thoughts on your stay. I'm happy to hear that your daughters had a wonderful time as well! We really do enjoy making sure our families are taken care of. We know it can be hard sometimes to travel as a big group, and we just want to make sure everyone is having a fantastic time. We hope to see you and your family again! Till next time.