“Amazing weekend getaway!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Seattle
“Amazing weekend getaway!”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We selected the Alexis due to it being a Kimpton hotel as we have had great experiances with them. This hotel as a joy! We selected the Executive Suite and it was incredible. 775 sq foot room with a seperate King Bedroom, enormous living room, full size dining room table, bar, desk area all in a corner room setting. The location in downtown Seattle is also amazing as it put us in an area we had not really stayed before (we were always up around 5th ave and Pike. This is closer to the market, pioneer square and it enabled us to try a lot of smaller places we had not been to before for dinner and drinks.

Can't say enough about the staff! Extrmely nice and helpful. The Bookstore Bar and Cafe is also a joy for drinks and dinner.

All around, we can't say enough and will absolutely be going back in the future.

Room Tip: Go for the corner rooms!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Thanks rleb22 for writing a review about your stay! Aren't the Executive Suites beautiful?? They are one of our most popular rooms that guests like to reserve. Having the long dinner tables in the rooms make for hosting small gatherings or even just ordering room service and having a romantic meal in. I'm glad you were able to dine at the Bookstore Bar and Cafe! With the beautiful expansion and the new winter menu, our restaurant has been a big hit. Well we hope to have you back for another amazing weekend!

Jenne

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (472)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Brno, Czech Republic
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I recently made reservations for my wife and three of her friends at the Alexis Hotel in Seattle. I wanted this to be a very special gift so I made my reservations through my Kimpton membership. The reservation process could not have been easier. Soon thereafter, I was contacted by Kimpton via email to confirm my reservation and then I was contacted by Adela Lee, the Hotel and Restaurant Operations Coordinator. I told her this was a special "girls night out" gift and asked if she would do her best to provide the largest suite available. Not only did the room and balcony far exceed my expectations, Adela went the extra mile by providing complimentary champaign and chocolates upon my wife and friends' arrival. The Alexis staff always greeted my wife and friends by name and their stay was "first cabin" from start to finish. Needless to say, I earned mucho praise. Thank you Adela and all of the employees of the Alexis Hotel. it's no wonder President Clinton used to stay here.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
This sounds like the ladies had a wonderful stay! What a sweet gift to give your wife. I'm so happy to see that Adela was able to get them into a large room, and better yet, some goodies to celebrate with! I know that one of her favorite things is to make sure our guests are having the best of times and that they leave with smiles on their faces. So I hope that maybe you and your wife can join us for a trip sometime! Then we can show you personally, the Alexis Experience. Take care!

portland
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Traveling as much as I do has left me as somewhat of an expert at the travel game and there is no question that if you’re looking for the best place to call home when you’re not at home it’s the Hotel Alexis in Seattle. The staff is incredible welcoming, the warm and witty hello’s from Britta & the front desk team, the exceptional cocktails from Steve at the Book Store Bar and just when you thought it couldn’t get any better BAM you open in the door to the rooms and it just got better. The rooms are exceptional and the personal touch is best in class! It is a must stay even if you live in Seattle!

Room Tip: If a suite upgrade is available pay a few extra bucks so worth it the suites are so cool!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Well BAM, thanks! We like to hear that our most traveled guests can find themselves home here at the Alexis. I bet it must be hard to travel so much and needing to find somewhere that makes you happy. I'm glad to hear that we do that here for you! And Britta does have her witty hellos, which I feel goes very well with Stevens exceptional cocktails in the new Bookstore Bar and Cafe! Thank you again for taking the time to write a wonderful review for us. Hope to see you again soon!

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Stayed with some buddies for a bachelor party, really great place. Super clean, staff was very friendly. Victoria at the front desk was especially really nice, having to deal with a bunch of intoxicated bros! Ill make sure your bud calls you!

• Stayed March 2014
Thanks gongshow19, for sharing your stay with us! I'm glad to see that you and your friends had a good time here. A really good time! We wish you all the best for the wedding, and hopefully we will see you guys again sometime.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

This was our first visit to this particular hotel. We were traveling with our teenage daughter, looking at colleges. We were upgraded to a one bedroom suite which was exceedingly room and made our 17 year old very happy to not be sharing a room with us! The room was clean, nicely appointed and quiet. Location is great given the proximity to Pike's Place Market. There is complimentary hot cocoa and vino in the lobby from 5 to 6. We tried happy hour and enjoyed fresh oysters and a nice $10 manhattan. Nothing to complain about.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this review, 9 March 2014
Thanks Lisa C for considering the Alexis Hotel a gem! I'm glad that everyone enjoyed the room, especially your daughter. Our One Bedroom Suites do tend to wow our guests with their size. But best part is making everyone in the room happy! The happy hour in the Bookstore Bar and Cafe is pretty great, huh? The fresh oysters are a big happy hour hit at $1 an oyster. Pretty great! Well we hope to see you and your family again! Maybe more often if your daughter chooses a collage up here? Till next time!

Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 4 March 2014

In my opinion, The Alexis is the best hotel in Seattle, for several reasons: 1. The rooms themselves are five star luxury (I'm a complete hotel snob, so trust me on this one); 2. The facilities are beautiful (great lobby, great free wine happy hour everyday, and incredible bar/bistro "the library" it was incredible. Seattle is a tone full of great food and restaurants, and I ate at many if them including the highly touted "walrus and carpenter." Levers place I ate was great, but the two best meals I had were at the library and if you like bourbon or scotch, forget about it -- one of the best selections I've ever seen; location: you are about two short city blocks from the Pike Market, another two blocks in the other direction from Pioneer Square, a couple of. Locks from the ferries, we even walked to the space needle from the hotel. Finally, and equally important to all other factors, every member of the Alexis staff is just about the friendliest and most helpful person you could expect to meet. Special shout out to the concierge Keith -- he's a great guy and got us into several high demand restaurants at the last minute. If you're debating about whether to stay at the Alexis -- stop now and just reserve your room.

Room Tip: Honeymoon saw we is an awesome room the bathroom alone is as big as the standard rooms in the Sofite...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Kyle R
I'm so glad to hear that you had an incredible time here! It looks like the Library Bistro was one of your favorite parts about your stay. The Bistro was a wonderful restaurant and will be greatly missed! We hope that you come back again and try out our new restaurant, the Bookstore Bar and Cafe. We expanded the old bar into a full size restaurant, and its been such a great hit! Still all of the delicious food with a new classic ambiance. So we hope you get to try it and tell us how you like it! Thank you Kyle R for writing such a great review for the hotel and we hope to see you back soon!

Los Gatos, California
Reviewed 4 March 2014

The honeymoon hasn't ended….my relationship with the Alexis is still at 'that stage' even after countless visits. One year I think I stayed 60 nights, another year maybe only 10, and this year so far only 3. It's incredible to walk into the hotel and be greeted the way The Alexis front desk team greets you - as if you're long lost family. And it truly is welcoming. And it doesn't matter if it's raining outside and a little dreary - you wouldn't know it. And the rooms. And the beds. And the team that works the front door - Anthony! I think you're amazing! Room service - that's how I'll summarize this 'service'. The Alexis truly is an organization that thrives on 'how can I serve you' and you feel it in everything they do and say. If you're looking for that type of 'relationship' - it's a match made in heaven.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

How wonderful, thanks LinvingOutLoud2012!! That is so great to hear! Anthony is definitely amazing, one our best Valets here at the hotel. My favorite part of this review is the mention of our strive for the best "how can I serve you." You are very correct in that! Our team members do their very best to make our guests happy and I'm so ecstatic that it shows! I hope that the honeymoon feeling never ends with us, and we will continue to keep our "relationship" going strong. :) Come back and visit soon!