“good, comfortable stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Princeton, New Jersey
“good, comfortable stay”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Lovely setting in downtown Seattle, just a short walk from the Market. Here for just a short visit, so no time to try out the bar or restaurant.
Room well appointed and clean and comfortable. Location can't be beat.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
Thanks for sharing your stay with us! Glad to hear that the locations was perfect for you. I'm sorry to hear that it was just a quick visit, but we hope to have you back again soon! Maybe for a little bit of a longer stay? Till next time!

Jenne

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (475)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

In a great location in walking distance of the fish market this place is the best of a boutique hotel. My room had a fireplace (!) complete with log (yep I used it), a sitting area and lovely sleeping area. All very modern yet warm and very clean. It has quirky little touches like leopard print robes and lamps with head sculptures for bases. Staff was lovely and helpful. Bar area is cozy and breakfast there is yummy. I got a room for $200 on a booking site and it was well worth it.

• Stayed March 2014
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Well thanks for the wonderful review! Who wouldn't like to be considered classy?? I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your room. The fireplaces are pretty great in Seattle when the weather is on the colder side. Love the pictures you added too! Thank you for appreciating the quirkiness of our hotel. Its one of the things that makes us stand out from the others. :) Well we hope that we will be seeing you back again very soon!

St Louis
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I had only stayed at a Kimpton property once before and I loved it. My daughter and I visited Seattle for the first time and couldn't have picked a better place to stay. The accommodations, staff and location made it a perfect choice. My friends who live in Seattle came by and were so impressed with it that they are going to recommend it to others.

Room Tip: My view overlooked the street which was not that scenic. It didn't really matter though.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
We couldn't ask for more either! We always appreciate when guests take the time to write about their stay. So thank you! I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm sorry about the view... being on the shorter end of the hotels in Seattle we don't offer a lot of rooms with a view. But I feel that we make up for it in accommodation, staff, and location, like you mentioned. So I'm glad to see that it didn't bother you! Well we hope to have you back again soon.

Moscow, Idaho
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I've stayed at this hotel a number of times, and each time I was treated very well. The rooms are stylish and comfortable, the location is great, and the downstairs bar serves up some pretty tasty drinks. The staff, particularly the concierge, were friendly and very accommodating. I definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Well thank you for being a fan and always coming back for visits! We love to hear that. And thank you for taking the time to share about all of our stays with us. I am always happy to hear that you are being treated like a king...that's a fantastic feeling! We look forward to the many more stays in the future.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Loved all of it during my stay - the staff, the room, the location. The hotel is very clean and everyone is friendly. All of it is during walking distance. I'll stay there again next time I'm in Seattle!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Thanks Danella23! Short, sweet, and straight to all of the perfect points. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again!

Moraga CA
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Once again I must disclaim that I am a full fledged Kimpton lover. Where ever we go, if there's a Kimpton property, that is where I want to be.

We arrived around one on a beautiful sunny day (forecast said it was supposed to rain) and were quickly greeted by the valet and walked in to the pretty lobby. The lobby had big bowls of green apples, it was open and bright with lots of little seating areas, artwork, really pretty lighting features. Nice.

Check in was friendly and quick, as always. We were upgraded to a king room-the gold fish was awaiting us. I wish I had thought to get the names of all the wonderful people who helped us during the four days that we were there. Especially the concierge (all I know is that he has a 9 month old son). Every time we went out the door, we had no idea where we were going and he were sent somewhere delicious and fun. Sea Town, just past Pikes Market was the yummiest breakfast I have ever had. Then I got a very cool hand made belt in the market. It has Celtic Knots carved into leather. . just in time for St. Patty's day!

Our room was clean and very pretty. Bed so comfy. It had a work desk and a big club chair. We had a view of an internal courtyard (roof) no big deal. I don't need to look out the window. I can go outside. Wish there were more vanity space in the bathroom other than the small under sink area. . .I survived it. We never heard a sound through the walls or from the hallway.

The location of this hotel is perfect. . .we could walk to so many great places to eat and shop, plus Pike's Market and Pioneer Square. We did need our car everyday to get out to the University and it was always delivered within a matter of minutes. We could probably found some place near by to park for a little bit less, but the convenience of having the car there when we wanted it and dumping it off right at the front door when we returned was worth a few bucks. Plus they gave us directions and were fun to talk to. Parking is expensive. . .it's a city.

We had late night cocktails and appetizers at the Bookstore bar. Again the service so friendly and quick. They have two happy hours a day with great selection and price. We never made it to the wine hour (SO not like me!) so I can't speak to that. We had room service on our last morning and it was delivered hot, on time and everything was tasty. I don't recall the name of the attached coffee shop, skip Starbucks and go to this place. . .it was beautiful and delicious.

This hotel has a private steam room on the third floor. You can book it for an hour-it's turned on and ready to go when you arrive and someone meets you to unlock it and then it's yours. It has a shower and a sitting area with lots of towels and robes. Highly recommend doing this.

My favorite thing about this hotel is how friendly the employees were. Each and every time we walked in or out they asked what we were doing or where we had been and it wasn't forced or lip service, they were sincere. I really liked that and felt very welcomed. At every Kimpton we have stayed in the employees have been friendly and welcoming, but this was a cut above.

I hope we will get to return sometime soon. Loved Seattle and loved the Alexis! Thank you for a great weekend
xoxoxo

Green Features: I love that they have the shampoo, conditioner and body wash in large size bottles in the shower instead of the little bottles that will end up in land fill. I wish every hotel around the world would do this what a difference it would make!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pamxoxo
We love Kimpton Lovers! I feel that they always stay true to traveling to Kimpton hotels all over the states...and we thank you for that! Well I can answer you on who our wonderful concierge is, he's Keith. And he is so great with suggestions for the guest to explore. So I am happy to hear that he introduced you to some great places. I'm also happy to hear that you were able to enjoy the steam room! Sometimes its just perfect to sit in the steam room and relax for a bit. Make me happy! Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review for us! We definitely look forward to your next visit with us!

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I stayed two nights, and had a great time. The staff were lovely, especially the concierge, nothing was too much trouble. The only downside was that the in room dining placed a automatic tip on the bill, I didn't realize this and added another tip. The server didn't point this out and I felt that was rude given that I was a visitor from a non-tipping country. Wine tasting was lovely and the bar staff were very kind, the duck was great. The view from my room wasn't great, and they didn't follow up on the Kimpton member's requests that I placed in my booking (foam pillow and yoga mat). But overall, a great experience.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback, CharliB8. I am so sorry to hear that you we did not make your stay as seamless as it should have been. I am happy to hear that you still did enjoy your stay. Please reach out to me personally at jenne.neptune@alexishotel.com if you would like to discuss your stay further. We would love another chance to show you the kind of service we work so hard to provide!