“Great Staff-Great Stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Seattle, Washington
“Great Staff-Great Stay”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Nicely placed downtown Seattle location, close to the waterfront, pike place market, Seattle Art Museum, etc, basically very walkable amongst most sites. Front desk staff were warm, helpful and friendly. The room was very clean and felt spacious with lots of goodies in the minibar if you wished, they had two places on site for eating and drinking (that bar with the whiskey selection was awesome!) of course room service...beds were comfortable and cozy, made it tough to rise for the next day but saying this in a good way. A nice getaway for that taken care of feeling.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thanks AdrianS779 for sharing your stay with us! It looks like you had a little stay-cation with us...that's fantastic! Sometimes you just need those every once in a while. Well we sure do hope to see you again for another downtown adventure!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (465)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 27 April 2014

This hotel is in the perfect location for sight seeing in Seattle. Almost every main attraction is within walking distance or a short monorail ride.
The staff is super friendly and helpful and the rooms are clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Corner room was nice. We needed two beds so one of the more elite suites was not an option.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank MrWitt
We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay MrWitt! Our location is pretty key for any traveler coming to Seattle. It's nice to be just down the street from Pike Place Market and a hop skip and a jump from the waterfront. Well we hope to see you again soon!
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We had an impromptu stay at the Alexis and had an absolutely wonderful time. I highly recommend this hotel and will absolutely return. We enjoyed dinner at the Bookstore Bar and Cafe...wonderful food and even better cocktails. The whiskey selection is excellent. The room was roomy, clean, modern and comfortable. However, our favorite part of the stay was the service we received from the two front desk employees: Britta and Amanda. They were helpful, friendly (even at 12am and 8am the next morning), found us a room last minute, gave us perfect directions, and made our stay special. Again, I highly recommend the Alexis!

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent.
Green Features: They have recycle bins in every room, which is hard to find in hotels, but a requirement for me!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Fabulous...well we got to love the sound of that! Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us! I sounds like it was a pretty fantastic time. I'm so happy to hear that Amanda and Britta were your favorite part of the stay. We love to hear when our desk agents are remembered by our guests. It means there is something we are doing right! :) Well we hope to have you back again soon.
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Reviewed 26 April 2014

The Alexis was new to me and I was pleasantly surprised. I was referred by a friend who stays every time they're in Seattle. I loved the modern style throughout, especially in the room. The new Bookstore bar has a killer atmosphere to go on a date or have a meal. I was able to have breakfast, lunch and dinner and would rate each one highly.
The wine hour was great, wish it lasted longer though haha :)
The location was great as well with post alley right behind the hotel. I walked to all of my nightly activities.
Oh I almost forgot...the staff was the BEST! I don't know how they hire so many awesome people. I was in the cafe and lobby a lot and had conversations with just about everyone who'd be working close to me. Excellent stay, highly recommended.

Room Tip: Only had one suite, which was great. Eager to try some other rooms
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
We love to pleasantly surprise people! Thanks for letting us know. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed chatting with the staff. They are pretty awesome, aren't they?! We do like to get to know our guests and make sure that they are having as great as a stay as possible. Pretty much our guests are number one in our books. Well we hope to have you back again for another great stay! Cheers!
North Bend, Washington
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I planned a romantic evening for our 25th anniversary and in doing so I booked a room at the Alexis Hotel in Seattle. When I called to book the room I informed them of the reason for the stay and that my wives name is Michelle. To our pleasant surprise when we arrived, there was a bottle of champagne by the name of Michelle chilling on ice sitting next to a plate of chocolate dipped strawberries and a personal handwritten note from the staff congratulating us on such an outstanding achievement in our union. What a nice touch.

Our room was one of the suites with a view of the Puget Sound. The staff is very peasant, charming, and go completely out of their way to ensure your stay is pleasant. I would suggest this hotel to anyone who likes to be treated like royalty.

Room Tip: Ask to stay on the top 2 floors if you want to have a view of the water.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
How wonderful!! Well first off, congratulations of a happy 25 years! We're so happy to hear that you chose us to celebrate with. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We wish you two all the best, and hope to have you back again for the 26th anniversary!
Hollywood, Florida
Reviewed 25 April 2014

From the moment we checked in until we checked out we received extraordinary service. Everyone was so warm and friendly. The staff tried hard to accommodate us in every way possible, from suggesting restaurants to suggesting great boutiques. The rooms are beautiful and immaculate. Staying at the Alexis truly enhanced our trip, the staff's smiling faces brought smiles to our faces every time we interacted.

Room Tip: We were in 541 and it was spacious with a great view. I love the contemporary 4 poster bed.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks Jane W for sharing your wonderful stay with us! We always love to hear about our staff making our guests smile! I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed one of our Alexis King rooms. The particular room you were in is a very nice one, so I'm glad you enjoyed it. We hope to have you back again for another Seattle experience!
Danville, California
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We don't often stay in hotels for many reasons, but we could not have been happier with the Alexis Hotel. Every aspect of it seemed to have had great thought put into it. The decor is lovely yet comfortable. We so enjoyed meeting people at the wine hour. Keith, the concierge, was beyond helpful and we had the pleasure of meeting his wife and adorable son. The desk staff was always available and helpful. Everyone just seemed to enjoy their job and the environment. Our room was beautiful with lovely bedding and decor. More than what we needed. I just felt like there was someone or a group of "someones" who gave every detail a a lot of thought as to comfort and beauty.
We loved the Cafe and had the best breakfast I think I've ever had with their wild mushroom crepes. Had them each day since I loved them so much and I don't ever do that. Waitstaff was friendly and attentive. This hotel goes way beyond what might be expected and I applaud them for that.

Room Tip: We had no problems so can't help much here.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thanks so much Marjorie V! We do love what we do here for our guests, so I'm glad that it shows! You seemed to have a really lovely stay, and we thank you for sharing your experience with us. We always like to make sure that our guests are getting everything they need to have a fantastic stay, so thank you for the applause in accomplishing that! Well we hope to have you and your family back again soon for another stay. Take care!