“Gorgeous and luxurious.”

Kimpton Alexis Hotel
Ranked #4 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Stayed here with my son, at the bookends of an Alaskan cruise. Beautiful classy hotel, couldn't be more convenient. Don't miss the early evening wine tasting! The attached restaurant is also a find -- request an outside table!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

You are correct! Never miss our daily wine hour. It's the best! What is better then arriving at the hotel around 5pm and being able to grab a glass of wine on your way up to your room? Pretty great! I'm happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of this. Thank you for being our guest and we hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Great hotel all around. Nicely appointed, staff was wonderful and very convenient location just blocks away from major attractions.

Hotel is small and cozy, not one of the large modern monsters. Great upkeep and maintenance of a historical building. Nicely appointed rooms.

Staff very knowledgeable and some have been there for a long time. Pride in their work and it shows.

Location is the best, just blocks from everything. Near ST Rail line, major tourist attractions, commercial areas.

Highly recommend for work and play.

Room Tip: Rooms facing inside atrium are quiet but without a view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thanks SomtimesFlyer for sharing your stay with us! I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. You are correct in mentioning the convenience of our hotel. We are just six blocks down from Pike Place Market, two blocks away from the waterfront, and just a hop skip and a jump or two down from the stadiums. Makes for easy walking adventures! We always love when our guests leave happy and even more when they let us know about it! Thank you for being our guest, and we hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

We recently traveled to Seattle to celebrate an anniversary. I chose the Alexis Hotel after reading through countless reviews and comparing the rates of many hotels. I am so glad we ended up at this hotel! First, the location was fantastic! We opted to not rent a car and just take the light rail from the airport into downtown. It probably took us 5 minutes to walk from the train stop to the hotel. Also, the Pike Place Market was only a couple minute walk away. In fact, we walked everywhere we went throughout the city, and it was so nice and convenient!

The room itself was not large, but it was so clean and quaint. I know they have larger rooms and suites, but for just the two of us it was perfect. The staff was so helpful and kind. We had mentioned that we were there for our anniversary, and they brought wine and chocolates to our room. It was a very nice touch. Keith the concierge was incredible, listened to what we were looking for in a restaurant for dinner, and ultimately suggested and made reservations for the perfect place.

The wine hour was a nice little break to look forward to each night. Overall, we were completely satisfied and will definitely stay here again when we visit Seattle. It was such a relaxing and stress-free weekend.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AJ0515

Thanks AJ0515 for appreciating our recycle bins in the room! I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed one of our smaller amenities...It may not stand out as much as the others do, but none the less we like to make sure we stay green and eco friendly for our guests. And you are correct in mentioning the convenience of our hotel. It tends to be one of our guests favorite things, amongst others, when booking with us! Thank you taking the time to share your stay with us and of course for being our guest. We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We had an excellent stay here. We needed a hotel room for our wedding day, I needed a place to get ready for the ceremony, and my wife and I wanted a special place to go to after the ceremony, and the Alexis ended up being perfect for both. When I first entered the room the afternoon of our stay, I knew I'd made a good choice. The room was very well appointed, I really like the design aesthetic of the Alexis, very much (not so much the Rorschach Test art...) but the room was gorgeous and just the place for a nervous groom. The staff were super friendly and very helpful. I had mentioned in an e-mail to the front desk staff before our stay that we were getting married, and when we arrived at our room together we found a chilled bottle of champagne and two glasses from the concierge, a very nice touch. We stayed in one of the rooms with a jetted tub, and after a long exciting day that tub was amazing, any qualms I may have had about the price of the room were dissipated by the tub alone. The bathroom was huge and tiled in marble, I think, or something that looked very like it. The tub was on a sort of raised platform with steps leading up to it, very opulent. The king sized bed was plush and very comfortable and the furnishings were beautiful. This was definitely the right choice for our night and if we ever need a luxury hotel room again I would definitely return. Highly recommended, no complaints whatsoever.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David S
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Wow, what a magical tub!  Sounds like you were in one of our lovely Spa Suites. Guests have told us over and over how wonderful those rooms are to stay in. And especially on a big day like your wedding, you can’t really go wrong! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed a perfect stay with us! We know how nerve wrecking the BIG day can be, so we do try our best to make sure everyone have everything they need to let the worries subside. Thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to share your stay with us! Congratulations and we wish you all the best!! We hope to see you again soon…maybe for your 1st year anniversary?? Cheers!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Great check in. Beautiful room (I prepaid for a members-only "last minute deal" for a premier room on a no-pet floor...It was a GORGEOUS suite that had a view of The Sound/Ferris Wheel.) Great guest services, too! The weekend evening front desk staff are just nice people...not only were they friendly, but they went out of their way to pick up a new iphone charger cable for me at Target after I discovered that mine had walked off somewhere btw SFO and Sea-Tac. They also offered to charge my phone at the front desk! The hotel is centrally located on the Waterfront, so walking to Pioneer Square or Pike's Place Market is easy. The light rail station is three blocks away. In between meetings I spent a considerable amount of time in the room just relaxing and looking out at the Sound.

My only issue are the folks at the front door. When I arrived two guys in uniform were joking with each other and seemed to be wandering around. No greeting, no nothing. No offers to assist. Nothing. On the morning I was leaving I told the young man by the door (who was joking around with other young men in uniform) that I was thinking of foregoing the walk/light rail trip to Sea-Tac, and would it be possible for him to hail me a taxi? His response was (and I am quoting verbatim here), "You should know that I don't put people in taxis to go to the airport." He went on to tell me that he found the taxi drivers in Seattle to be "unfriendly" and "dishonest." He then offered the town car service the hotel recommends to everyone. This left a bad taste in my mouth. To begin, it's not about what HE thinks, HE wants, or HE does. It's about the guest and what the guest is requesting. And it should be "WE" (ie. the hotel). I'd heard other folks at the front desk make these recommendations, and they were much more professional, used vernacular like "WE recommend" and never included derogatory comments about anyone. (And for the record, I've 25 years of taxi rides around the world. Dealing with rude, overcharging taxi drivers is just another day at the office.)

The way this young man spoke to me was, frankly, offensive. I went up to my room, grabbed my bags, and then checked out and headed for the train station, even though I was early. The guys in uniform were hanging around the door, laughing and joking. They didn't even hold a door open. It was an unfortunate end to an otherwise fantastic stay.

Room Tip: Nice room...but check for deals. It makes a huge difference! The south side is nice and bright...esp...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This hotel has great charm, pet friendly, centrally located. The room we had looked out onto an interior courtyard'ish. A large glass door to open up to a lanai. The bathrooms were trimmed with marble wall to wall. Bathroom is equipped with all the necessities, real hair dryer, q-tips, soaps. The shampoo, conditioner, body wash are in large dispensers, so no need to eek out from tiny bottles. Nice!! Did I mention Q-tips? So few places provide such an inexpensive feature. Thank you Kimpton!

Mornings are met with fresh brewed coffee and a selection of newspapers.

Evening wine happy hour is another pleasant service. However, my wife is a white wine drinker and all they were serving was red. But problem solved by taking our HH wine into the lobby bar where she would order a wine from there and I would "casually" bring in my wine glass from the hotel.

One word of caution, their valet parking is probably one of the most expensive downtown seattle. Over $40 per day. Ouch.

The workout room, well...lets just say it's boutique as well, 3 people max at once. But when we were there, we were the only ones using it. So maybe not a problem?

This was a great quasi- staycation! We will most definitely look up Kimpton hotels in other cities we travel too.

Thank you Kimpton.

Room Tip: I forget our room number (4th floor), but there are two interior rooms that have doors that open up...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thanks MXonceAyear for sharing your stay with us! You have beautifully described our bathrooms, that’s wonderful! And you described the bathroom amenities to a T! I’m happy to hear that some of the small things we offer have caught your attention. We love that! And then of course, the large ones too, like our daily wine hour and coffee service. I’m sorry they didn’t have any white wine on hand. Normally every night we have one white and one red. Maybe they had a shortage?! Well next time you are here we will make sure to have that white wine for your wife. I wanted to mention a little something on the parking as well. It does tend to be on the higher side for downtown, but we do offer discounted parking rates with some hotel packages. We have a package if you are a AAA member or even a resident of the PNW! Take a look at the website for more details. I did see you are a Seattle local, so I hope there is something there for your next visit! We always appreciate the feedback from our guests…it’s what makes us a better property! I am pretty thrilled to see that all in all your stay was fantastic! So thank you again for taking the time to share your stay and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 16 May 2014

I attended a seminar at the Alexis and was so impressed with the property from the moment the valet took my car to the end of our meeting. The property is beautiful and well appointed. Every staff member I came in contact with had a smile on their face and I was asked several times if there was anything I needed - this included a room attendant that I passed on the way to the meeting room. The meeting space was perfect and Greg, our banquet server, was exceptional. Thank you Lori Carchedi for making this such a great event for us.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

How wonderful!! Thank you Lisa F for sharing your meeting experience with us! Some may not even realize that we have such great meeting spaces available for renting. And we are always so happen when our groups are finding their space perfect! We like to make sure that when you book with us, that everything you need is here, from start to finish. It looks like that is what happened here! Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and we hope to have you and your group back again!