“Excellent!”

Kimpton Alexis Hotel
Ranked #5 of 105 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Stayed at the hotel for a few days at the end of May 2014. Everyone is SO friendly and breakfast was always delivered with a smile and kind words.

I can really recommend this hotel, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Well thank you ceciljo! I’m so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having you back again, take care!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,129)

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Just one night here for a work trip but was impressed. While I have stayed in many a Kimpton properties I hadn't heard of this brand (Alexis)- not sure if its a one off or not…
Lobby was nice- cool bar, friendly atmosphere. They do cute things like loan you a bike and have a reception hour with wine every evening- though i didn't partake I like the idea of it.
Room was spacious and well appointed. View wasn't much to speak of but not offensive for a city hotel.
One thing Kimpton properties does that I kind of loath is the animal print robes; I believe a cheetah and maybe a tiger. While the idea of using a hotel robe just doesn't sit right with me the idea of using an animal print hotel robe seems almost obscene. Maybe thats just me.

1  Thank Aaron212

Thanks Aaron212 for sharing your stay with us! And we in fact are a Kimpton property. So now you can add us to the list of Kimpton hotels you have stayed at. I’m sure you have seen some similarities between all of the properties with our bikes and wine hour. I’m happy to hear that you like the idea of the wine hour; we do too! And it’s ok to feel the way you do about the robes! Everyone is different. We have come to discover that they are a pretty neat hit with guests. But they aren’t for everyone, and that’s ok! Feel free to let them stay in the closet. We hope to have you back again soon and thanks again!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

The Hotel staff as noted on other reviews were very nice and helpful. The restaurant bar on the main floor is nice for a drink after a day of working or walking, nice breakfast as well.
The hotel is situated in a great location in the heart of downtown. Close to the market, art museum and the waterfront. I stayed at the hotel for three nights last week. I arrived at around 11.00 pm and checked into room 301, I was looking forward to a nice night sleep as I had an 8am presentation the next day. Once I got unpacked and in bed I was surprised to hear voices and the tv from the room next door or above clear as day. After putting on my head phones I managed to fall asleep. I was later awakened by the AC unit as it "loudly" turned itself on and then off throughout the night.
Needless to say I wasn't very happy and complained. The front desk was very friendly and changed my room for the next two night.

Overall the hotel was nice the rooms were clean and staff was friendly. It is an older building and some of the rooms more current and noise free than others.

1  Thank sirtravelots

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I’m sorry to hear about the noise that occurred during your stay. Please feel free to email me at Jenne.Neptune@alexishotel.com if you would like to discuss this further. I am happy to hear that the front desk was able to get you into a room that was more comfortable. But do email me to discuss things further. I look forward to your response, and thank you for being our guest!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Booked this hotel because it seemed like a good location downtown. It was a great find. The rooms are very cool. Great design and the fixtures are very elegant. We walked to almost all the sights we wanted to see. We had cocktails in the Bookstore, a very nice bar attached to the Hotel. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

How wonderful! Thanks for the great review. We always like to hear when guests are happy with their stays. I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed the location of our property. We are in such a great spot in downtown. Super close to everything! Guests love when they can just walk out our doors and wander to all of the hit spots in downtown Seattle. Thank you again for being our guest and we can’t wait to have you back

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I organized a conference group and we stayed at the Alexis. The staff were fantastic- from my first call with booking questions right through our visit. The hotel location was right where we needed to be and convenient for non-conference activities- it was great to be right by the water and so close to Pike Place market.
Our group loved the free happy hour- we gathered very informally in the lobby for a glass of wine and snacks....which was a really nice perk. The rooms were great and the atmosphere was fun. When we left I left some clothes behind---and the hotel got them to me in 2 days. All around a great stay!
I'd definitely go back on a personal or family trip.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Thanks denverjim! Sounds like you and your group had a wonderful stay with us! We do try to make a whole experience great, from meeting spaced to group room blocks. Not only do we have our guests who come to adventure through the city, but we have our business guests that need space for meeting and the easy flow from work to relaxation. Which makes me so happy to hear that this happened for you and your group! I’m also happy to see that we returned your left items back to you as well.  Thank you again for sharing your stay with us and we look forward to your return back!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Centrally located, this exceptional Kimpton property puts you where the action is. Restaurants, museums, water taxis, ferries, are just minutes away. The Bookstore bar and breakfast venue are highly recommended. Keith, the Concierge is a treasure, as are all of the staff. Monika at reception is wonderful! Try a suite...some with a water view.Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of The Wheel
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jrjojo

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! We always love to hear the word “exceptional” when a guest is reviewing our property. And you are correct, one of the many wonderful things about our property is the location. Guest are always mentioning how easy it is to walk to and from all of the near attractions. I’m happy to hear that you took advantage of that! You are also correct about Keith and Monika too! They are two of our very best team members and we are glad to see that our guests think the same.  Thank you for sharing your stay, and we hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed at the Alexis on a whim while on a recent trip to Seattle. Beautiful hotel within walking distance of most of the sites in a decent neighborhood. Would stay there again.

A caveat - we did not have a reservation but had checked the hotel rate and availability from our cell phone as we drove by and spotted the hotel. When we walked up to the desk minutes later and asked for a room, we were quoted the 'walk up rate' which was $100 higher than the internet rate. When we pointed this out, we were told you had to book via the internet to get that rate. we ended up stepping aside, sitting in lobby and booking online via the internet to then check in at the front desk to get the better rate. The desk staff gave us the internet code but it seemed like an unnecessary hassle at a $$$ hotel.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank WanderingFeet26
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to shay your experience with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay! I’m sorry to hear about the inconveniences you faced at check in. Please feel free to email me at Jenne.Neptune@alexishotel.com to discuss this further. We would love another chance to show you the kind of service we work so hard to provide! I look forward to your response.