“Excellent service”

GreenLeadersSilver level
USA
“Excellent service”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Was traveling with several friends and we needed a handicapped accessible room. I contacted the hotel prior to staying with multiple requests and all requests were honored upon arrival. The location is convenient to the waterfront (3 blocks but one very busy road to cross) and about 7 blocks to Pike Place Market. It's a short cab ride to the Space Needle, EMP, and other attractions in that area. Cabs were readily available at the hotel. While the hotel is handicapped accessible, it is a long ramp from the lobby to the elevator that leads to the guest rooms. On the plus side, the hotel is not on a steep grade like some others in the city. Room service is 24 hours and there is a restaurant in the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Thank you for sharing your stay with us! I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We always love to hear the feedback from our guests on how the property worked for them. For the next time you stay with us, request an accessible room on the “Alexis” side of the hotel and we would be happy to accommodate you to the closer to the lobby elevators. I know the hallway can be a bit of a longer walk, so we do have a couple of handicap accessible rooms closer to the lobby. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and we hope to have you back again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (464)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This is a wonderful hotel in a perfect location in Seattle - close to shops, restaurants, and Pikes Market and we were able to take advantage of the government rate. My husband and I were able to check in a couple of hours earlier, which we certainly appreciated as it gave us a chance to freshen up and enjoy exploring the city a little longer. The valet and staff were all very customer friendly. The free happy hour was a nice touch and gave us the ability to try different WA wines (which I later bought upon arrival home). This hotel was pet friendly as I noticed a sign with all different pet names (very cute). Our room was the lowest category, but it was very nicely decorated, we enjoyed it, and it was big enough for us.

Two negatives: in our bathroom, I noticed a very odd and unpleasant smell coming from the wallpaper... perhaps because of the steam from the shower? The floor our room was on had a very strong smell, which I assume was supposed to be refreshing, but it was too strong for us (others may have enjoyed it).

Overall, a very nice hotel with old charm and wonderful staff.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
I’m so happy to hear that you are a fan of some Washington state based wines. We love to introduce our guests to some great wineries at wine hour. Best part is, if you have an extended stay, you are able to try a few different ones we offer each night. It’s pretty neat! Thank you for sharing your feedback with the bathroom. As we strive to constantly improve, it is constructive feedback like this that motivates and gives us direction. But we are always grateful for any comments! We hope to have you back again soon for another wonderful stay!
Lawrenceburg, Tennessee
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My husband and I love staying in Kimpton Hotels...The reason that we choose their chain is because their employees always make you feel special. When we started to plan our trip to Seattle we decided on Alexis Hotel because of their convenient location. Little did we know that it was the perfect place to celebrate our 35 wedding anniversary. Upon arrival we were surprised to hear that the staff had upgraded us to a beautiful suite with harbor view. When we entered the suite we found chilled champagne and truffles compliments of the concierge, Keith. The sun was just beginning to set over the water and the view was spectacular. The perfect place for our celebration! Throughout our stay, the hotel staff that we encountered were friendly and helpful with restaurant recommendations, directions, and information on the perfect place to watch the sunset on our final night. Thank you Alexis Hotel for making our Seattle trip one that we will never forget! Another great experience with a Kimpton Hotel!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bebobeck
Sounds like a very lovely trip! Thank you sharing your stay with us. We sure do love to hear when guests come to stay with us for special occasions and leave happy! I’m happy to hear that our team took very good care of you two for your anniversary. Which, happy anniversary! Thank you for being our guest and sharing your special day with us. We hope to have you back again for the 36th anniversary! Cheers!
BarbadosOkra
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This hotel is located on 1st Street in Seattle, a great location that is in walking distance to just about everything, Pike Place Market, the ferries, shopping. What stood out for me most of all is that the staff were on the ball, quick, pleasant and efficient. The rooms were a great size as well and very comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has windows that can open.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BarbadosOkra
Thank you for sharing your stay with us and for choosing the Alexis as your choice of hotels! We do like to make our guests happy with providing everything they need for a comfortable stay. Even if that is just with a smile! Well we hope to have you back again soon, and thank you for the recommendation! Till next time!
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Stayed at the hotel for a few days at the end of May 2014. Everyone is SO friendly and breakfast was always delivered with a smile and kind words.

I can really recommend this hotel, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Well thank you ceciljo! I’m so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having you back again, take care!
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Just one night here for a work trip but was impressed. While I have stayed in many a Kimpton properties I hadn't heard of this brand (Alexis)- not sure if its a one off or not…
Lobby was nice- cool bar, friendly atmosphere. They do cute things like loan you a bike and have a reception hour with wine every evening- though i didn't partake I like the idea of it.
Room was spacious and well appointed. View wasn't much to speak of but not offensive for a city hotel.
One thing Kimpton properties does that I kind of loath is the animal print robes; I believe a cheetah and maybe a tiger. While the idea of using a hotel robe just doesn't sit right with me the idea of using an animal print hotel robe seems almost obscene. Maybe thats just me.

1 Thank Aaron212
Thanks Aaron212 for sharing your stay with us! And we in fact are a Kimpton property. So now you can add us to the list of Kimpton hotels you have stayed at. I’m sure you have seen some similarities between all of the properties with our bikes and wine hour. I’m happy to hear that you like the idea of the wine hour; we do too! And it’s ok to feel the way you do about the robes! Everyone is different. We have come to discover that they are a pretty neat hit with guests. But they aren’t for everyone, and that’s ok! Feel free to let them stay in the closet. We hope to have you back again soon and thanks again!
Canada
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The Hotel staff as noted on other reviews were very nice and helpful. The restaurant bar on the main floor is nice for a drink after a day of working or walking, nice breakfast as well.
The hotel is situated in a great location in the heart of downtown. Close to the market, art museum and the waterfront. I stayed at the hotel for three nights last week. I arrived at around 11.00 pm and checked into room 301, I was looking forward to a nice night sleep as I had an 8am presentation the next day. Once I got unpacked and in bed I was surprised to hear voices and the tv from the room next door or above clear as day. After putting on my head phones I managed to fall asleep. I was later awakened by the AC unit as it "loudly" turned itself on and then off throughout the night.
Needless to say I wasn't very happy and complained. The front desk was very friendly and changed my room for the next two night.

Overall the hotel was nice the rooms were clean and staff was friendly. It is an older building and some of the rooms more current and noise free than others.

1 Thank sirtravelots
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I’m sorry to hear about the noise that occurred during your stay. Please feel free to email me at Jenne.Neptune@alexishotel.com if you would like to discuss this further. I am happy to hear that the front desk was able to get you into a room that was more comfortable. But do email me to discuss things further. I look forward to your response, and thank you for being our guest!