“Disappointed”

Kimpton Alexis Hotel
Ranked #4 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We were placed in a very small, corner room with no place to sit and no place to put clothing. Upon entering I assumed all the rooms were small, but later realized that was not true. We should gave been told when we checked in that the room was exceptionally small, but we were not informed so. We were very disappointed because the room was very expensive. I will not stay at this hotel again!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank WEIGE18
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

I am very sorry to hear about the issues with your room. Can you please email me @ jenne.neptune@alexishotel.com and we can discuss this further? We want to ensure your next stay is perfect! I look forward to hearing back from you.

There are newer reviews for Kimpton Alexis Hotel

Reviewed 14 June 2014

My husband and I spent the last two days of our honeymoon here and it was an all-around fantastic experience. We were congratulated multiple times while checking in and the front desk even sent up a complimentary bottle of champagne and box of chocolates to help us celebrate. When I booked the room I signed up for the Kimpton rewards program (which was free) and as a result we got two $20 vouchers for the restaurant and $10 for the mini bar. The hotel is also in an ideal location near the ferry terminal, Pike Place Market, two light rail stations and plenty of nice restaurants so we were able to walk everywhere with no trouble.

Overall this was one of the best hotel experiences I've ever had. The staff was friendly and eager to help, the room was enormous and immaculate, and it was the perfect way to end our trip.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LSETerp
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you so much for sharing your stay with us! Congrats to you both and I am so glad to hear that there was nothing but congrats from our team. Hearing experiences like this one makes me very happy! It also sounds like you have booked one of our packages that comes with the $20 off voucher for our restaurant. Those packages are worth every penny! Well thank you for sharing your honeymoon experience and we hope t have you back again!

Reviewed 14 June 2014

The staff is amazing and friendly and the location is in the heart of Seattle My first stay in Seattle but I would be willing to stay here again if I go back. The rooms are small like many downtown hotels but very clean and nice. After I left I had a charge on my card for a bottle of wine which I don't drink so I called the hotel, they apologized and removed it with no problems. I give the staff, the hotel, and the location all two thumbs up! Thanks

1  Thank Trevor H

Sounds like you had a great stay with us! Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I’m happy to hear that you had a great stay. Maybe next time we can get you into one of our larger suites?! If you sign up for our Kimpton In Touch program, we offer complimentary upgrades upon availability. This can be a nice surprise at arrival! Thanks for letting me know about the wine situation. Sometimes there can be a mix up in items taken from the mini bars. We are happy to look into those issues for our guests, just in case there were some mix ups. We thank you for being our guest and we hope to have you back again soon!

Reviewed 14 June 2014

It's close to the seafront for fish restaurants etc.
room was small but convenient enough for a night.
Tried the restaurant downstairs for breakfast but it had a la carte only, and we didn't like the selection of dishes. We crossed the road and had breakfast at the 1000 hotel which had a better menu.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Granduelle

I am genuinely sorry to hear that your stay did not reflect the pride we take in caring for our guests. Please reach out to me personally at jenne.neptune@alexishotel.com if you would like to discuss your stay further. Thank you for sharing your feedback, and I look forward to your response.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Was traveling with several friends and we needed a handicapped accessible room. I contacted the hotel prior to staying with multiple requests and all requests were honored upon arrival. The location is convenient to the waterfront (3 blocks but one very busy road to cross) and about 7 blocks to Pike Place Market. It's a short cab ride to the Space Needle, EMP, and other attractions in that area. Cabs were readily available at the hotel. While the hotel is handicapped accessible, it is a long ramp from the lobby to the elevator that leads to the guest rooms. On the plus side, the hotel is not on a steep grade like some others in the city. Room service is 24 hours and there is a restaurant in the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Thank you for sharing your stay with us! I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We always love to hear the feedback from our guests on how the property worked for them. For the next time you stay with us, request an accessible room on the “Alexis” side of the hotel and we would be happy to accommodate you to the closer to the lobby elevators. I know the hallway can be a bit of a longer walk, so we do have a couple of handicap accessible rooms closer to the lobby. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and we hope to have you back again soon!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

This is a wonderful hotel in a perfect location in Seattle - close to shops, restaurants, and Pikes Market and we were able to take advantage of the government rate. My husband and I were able to check in a couple of hours earlier, which we certainly appreciated as it gave us a chance to freshen up and enjoy exploring the city a little longer. The valet and staff were all very customer friendly. The free happy hour was a nice touch and gave us the ability to try different WA wines (which I later bought upon arrival home). This hotel was pet friendly as I noticed a sign with all different pet names (very cute). Our room was the lowest category, but it was very nicely decorated, we enjoyed it, and it was big enough for us.

Two negatives: in our bathroom, I noticed a very odd and unpleasant smell coming from the wallpaper... perhaps because of the steam from the shower? The floor our room was on had a very strong smell, which I assume was supposed to be refreshing, but it was too strong for us (others may have enjoyed it).

Overall, a very nice hotel with old charm and wonderful staff.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

I’m so happy to hear that you are a fan of some Washington state based wines. We love to introduce our guests to some great wineries at wine hour. Best part is, if you have an extended stay, you are able to try a few different ones we offer each night. It’s pretty neat! Thank you for sharing your feedback with the bathroom. As we strive to constantly improve, it is constructive feedback like this that motivates and gives us direction. But we are always grateful for any comments! We hope to have you back again soon for another wonderful stay!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

My husband and I love staying in Kimpton Hotels...The reason that we choose their chain is because their employees always make you feel special. When we started to plan our trip to Seattle we decided on Alexis Hotel because of their convenient location. Little did we know that it was the perfect place to celebrate our 35 wedding anniversary. Upon arrival we were surprised to hear that the staff had upgraded us to a beautiful suite with harbor view. When we entered the suite we found chilled champagne and truffles compliments of the concierge, Keith. The sun was just beginning to set over the water and the view was spectacular. The perfect place for our celebration! Throughout our stay, the hotel staff that we encountered were friendly and helpful with restaurant recommendations, directions, and information on the perfect place to watch the sunset on our final night. Thank you Alexis Hotel for making our Seattle trip one that we will never forget! Another great experience with a Kimpton Hotel!

2  Thank Bebobeck

Sounds like a very lovely trip! Thank you sharing your stay with us. We sure do love to hear when guests come to stay with us for special occasions and leave happy! I’m happy to hear that our team took very good care of you two for your anniversary. Which, happy anniversary! Thank you for being our guest and sharing your special day with us. We hope to have you back again for the 36th anniversary! Cheers!