“Alexis-a great place to stay in Seattle's action center”

Kimpton Alexis Hotel
Ranked #4 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 4 July 2014

The Alexis is a quaint affordable luxury hotel right in the center on Seattle's downtown. Staff are professional and friendly. The hotel has unique quaint spacious rooms impeccably maintained. We loved our stay.

• Stayed: June 2014
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I am so happy to hear that you loved your stay with us. Hopefully we can get you back here for another great stay!

Reviewed 4 July 2014

The hotel was everything that I expected and more. Very friendly, clean and in the perfect location. The restaurants in and around the hotel were excellent and was the perfect place for my solo weekend getaway.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Sounds like a wonderfully relaxing weekend! Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Solo weekends can be tough sometimes, but I am happy to hear that we had everything you expected and more! We do aim to please! We hope to have you back again soon. Take care!

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Came to the great city of Seattle on business and stayed at another hotel for a conference. What a gift to myself to stay at the Alexis. The staff and hotel itself makes your stay NO. 1. Perfect location to all the wonderful experiences Seattle has to offer.

Room Tip: I was on the 6th floor in the newer part of hotel. Had a view of the water- outstanding!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Well you had me at the title! Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We always love to hear when guests are happy with our property and even more when they are a Kimpton fan all together! We take pride in keeping up great standards for our guests in making sure they are #1. So this makes me happy to know that we succeeded! Thank you so much for being our guests, and we hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We stayed at the Alexis for 5 nights in June 2014. Location is convenient to the waterfront, the market, and everything else in the downtown area. The room was great with a view of the water and the giant wheel. All the staff was great. From the doormen to the front desk to the maids...all were helpful and pleasant. The restaurant /bar downstairs also had great friendly staff and was a great spot to "people watch" with plenty of activity outside. My wife and I were celebrating our 30th anniversary, and the Alexis turned out to be a great experience for us. This was the first time we have been to a Kimpton hotel. Overall, I don't think our stay could have been any better!

Room Tip: Our room was one of the suites. Bedroom area had a tv, desk, coffee maker,etc. also had another ro...
Reviewed 4 July 2014

On a recent trip to Seattle we decided to stay at Alexis Hotel because it was a Kimpton Hotel. We were very pleased with our decision. Great location. Great service. The room had a great layout making it feel more like a suite. There was plenty of room to use the yoga mat provided! Beverages all day in the lobby was greatly appreciated. Coffee in the morning, lemon water all day, wine hour every afternoon. Nice touch.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

This hotel is in a great location and the staff are super nice and helpful. We LOVED the 5:00pm Happy Hour in the lobby with free wine and Whiskey sangria and they had leopard print bathrobes for us to use which was really cool too.
Things that didn't work for me was the fact that they offered morning coffee in the lobby but there was no coffee makers in the room so if you didn't make it down before 10:00am you were out of luck (I personally love to sleep in when I'm on holidays). Also, our room didn't have a sink counter so I had to put my curling iron in the sink when I was doing my hair (which was challenging because I was sharing the bathroom with my friends who needed to use the sink too). I was also surprised to find that they didn't have a hot tub or pool, unfortunately, I just assumed that they would have one so I brought my bathing suit and was looking forward to a relaxing dip after shopping (I must admit that I was disappointed). Lastly, there was a super funky smell as you walked into the lobby of the hotel -- it smelled like cat pee to me but it seemed that I was the only one that smelled it so it must have been just my wacky sense of smell.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Riverdaleraven75
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My husband and I just got back from staying in Seattle for one night at the Alexis Hotel. We had stayed at Kimpton hotels before, and we LOVE this chain. We were offered a birthday special, and stayed in one of the Spa Suites for my 30th birthday celebrations.

We requested early check-in as we were flying in from Colorado, but upon arriving at 1pm the room was not ready. We went for food and an hour later got a call from the hotel saying the room was ready. We trundled back to the hotel, checked-in and went to our room. As we put our key-card into the door we were jumped by housekeeping yelling for us not to go in! So went back down to the front desk and had to wait a further 30 mins for another suite to be made available (bit annoying.) The front desk were apologetic and gave us a voucher for the restaurant to try and make amends.

The Spa Suite was incredible (once we were in.) HUGE jacuzzi bath, big enough for 2. Massive shower. Loads of towels and comfy gowns. The bathroom itself was bigger than our whole apartment back home! The bed was super comfy and the bed lines like sleeping on a cloud. We also had a partial bay-view which was nice.

We were left a bottle of sparkling wine and chocolates when we went out for dinner too, which was a nice touch.

Location-wise you are in the perfect spot. 5 minute walk to Pike Place Market, 5 mins until you're at the water. All the shops and restaurants on 1st Ave. The adjoining bar/restaurant, Bookstore, is amazing too and do a great happy hour including food. And the Storyville coffe shop next door does the best Americano ever.

We'd definitely stay again!

1  Thank Katieflossom