“Great attention to guests, very nice property”

Kimpton Alexis Hotel
Ranked #5 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Washington, DC
“Great attention to guests, very nice property”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful stay. The property is in a great location and very nice, and it features all the lovely Kimpton touches (hosted wine hour, free bicycles, refreshments in the lobby, lovely rooms). I especially want to commend the hotel for how they handled a small hiccup we experienced at check in and at breakfast on our first morning. After I pointed these out to the hotel and restaurant operations coordinator, she went above and beyond to make sure that the rest of our stay was flawless - and it was, thanks to the fantastic staff and a nice touch of a complimentary breakfast and bottle of prosecco. Hats off for handling a complaint in such a classy and positive way. I would stay here again and again and will definitely recommend this hotel to all who visit Seattle.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (461)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

The staff at this hotel are amazing. I am willing to sacrifice the high rise views I normally enjoy for great customer service, and I'm glad I did with this hotel. Due to the overwhelming majority of good reviews for this hotel, I gave it a shot and stayed here with my boyfriend for one night in early July on our way to Victoria, BC. The customer service did not disappoint. It was what is expected when you go to a Kimpton property. I was very impressed with the staff's friendliness to our questions and they even kept our bags safe for us when we returned from Victoria and wanted to roam free around Seattle for a few hours while we waited for our flight. Highly recommend this hotel. Excited to try new Kimpton hotels in the area.

Room Tip: All special requests I made were accommodated, so don't be afraid to ask for a higher floor or a...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Seoul, South Korea
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I remember my first stay here when it was first open and before it became a Klimpton-it was beautiful boutique hotel. So my family and I reserved a suite for about a week only last week.

The suite was large but it had very little furniture like dressers draws to store our clothes for 3 people. I mean this is a 1200 square foot room!-Please put some furniture in that room few more chairs-get rid of the awful sofa bed. I think it was used since the 1st Bush administration. 2nd bathroom I had to request a table top since there is absolutely nothing in that room except space under the sink. Who puts their toilet stuff in a dark space under the sink.

I think staff were good-especially house services-they were prompt to deliver anything we wanted. Maybe the head of house services is v. good manager-didn't meet her but you can feel her staff been well trained. It did take about 30 minutes get hot water and small bag of tea and a second call -but that is room service

There were myriad of other little complaints-I could go on. But the reason I write this review-I don't do too many and I did complain but never received official apology, (via email) was our first breakfast in the beautiful city of Seattle.

I cannot count number of breakfasts in hotels I have had all over the world-some bad, some good...others fantastic. My whole wheat crepe sat on my plate like cold congealed oatmeal. I am being kind here.

Our potatoes looked like charcoal blacken by Smaug. I think our breakfast sat somewhere between kitchen and twilight zone for those 40 minutes we waited for breakfast .

I know service is slow-not sure what happen. So for the whole week -my daughter loves breakfasts-we were fearful to go back for anything. So every morning she and I would search the city for breakfast.

Good stuff: It is a great location-as good as anywhere for tourists in Seattle. The added touches of cucumber with water, coffee at the lobby v nice. I think Klimpton is trying hard but there are things have fallen thru the cracks. Please fix these things. Go visit the Raffles in Singapore and see how they manage their rooms.

Room Tip: Where we stayed there was every night and day -an elevator? annoying noise. It is not good. Room 447...
Green Features: Hmm-they had two waste basket...for recycling that is good.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank LAC5301
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

The Alexis was the perfect place to stay for our family's first trip to Seattle. It was the perfect location and the hotel was beautiful with large rooms. The staff was great and very knowledgeable about the area. We left Seattle for 3 days and came back for one last night and the staff remembered us upon our return!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Isn’t it a great feeling to be remembered?! We strive to make sure our guests feel at home when they stay with us. It truly makes us happy to hear when guests have that feeling! I’m pleased to know what we made your first trip to Seattle memorable, and we can’t want to have you back again!!
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

My friend and I spent two fabulous nights at this hotel in Seattle and they went by much to fast. Beautiful hotel and superior staff. They were so genuine and helpful, remember most of them by first name. Whatever Kimpton does in customer service training should be taught to other hoteliers. It was my first time staying in a Kimpton Hotel but if the Alexis is any guideline I will be looking at staying at others in my travel and definitely be staying there when in the Seattle area. Loved the people, the 5:00 pm Happy Hour, morning coffee, and cool drinks in lobby when returning from a walk and sightseeing and the rooms were roomy and well appointed. I would give this hotel a 6 star rating. Very impressed and I have told all my friends to try it, You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: We had room 244 and it was huge and gorgeous, the front desk said they do not have a bad room and I...
Green Features: I am aware that they are enironmentally friendly and I am sure their practices are top rank although I never checked them out completely as that is not one of my concerns when looking for a nice hotel in a strange city.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Why thank you so much!! First off, I am so happy to hear that you had a “perfect” stay here with us. Secondly, I am proud to hear your thoughts on our team members. We take so much pride in the way we work together to make moments happen for our guests. It is always a great feeling to know that our guests are leaving happy and even better, sharing their experiences with us. Thank you again for being our guests and letting us know we have impressed you. We hope to see you back again soon!
Helena
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

The Alexis is a quaint affordable luxury hotel right in the center on Seattle's downtown. Staff are professional and friendly. The hotel has unique quaint spacious rooms impeccably maintained. We loved our stay.

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I am so happy to hear that you loved your stay with us. Hopefully we can get you back here for another great stay!
Highland Park, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

The hotel was everything that I expected and more. Very friendly, clean and in the perfect location. The restaurants in and around the hotel were excellent and was the perfect place for my solo weekend getaway.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Sounds like a wonderfully relaxing weekend! Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Solo weekends can be tough sometimes, but I am happy to hear that we had everything you expected and more! We do aim to please! We hope to have you back again soon. Take care!