“Stylish, safe, and clean at a great location”

Kimpton Alexis Hotel
Ranked #3 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Phoenix, Arizona
“Stylish, safe, and clean at a great location”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We had 2 two-queen beds rooms for 1 night during a recent stop over. As we entered the hotel, the water station was a lifesaver for the hot day, and the bellmen were super-friendly and attentive. We were really early and couldn't get rooms immediately -- not their fault -- so we enjoyed a late brunch at the Alexis's restaurant. Brunch was yummy, service good. When we came back to wait, it took an hour after check-in time to get our rooms ready, but this is because we wanted rooms next to each other.

Rooms were cheerful and very clean. The wacky bathrobes freaked me out a bit. Minibar seemed overpriced to me (more pricey than the other nearby Kimpton property). Big, comfy tub to soak in. We went back downstairs for a nightcap and were blown away by the amazing selection of Scotches.

Overall, we got a good value for our money, especially being so close to downtown and Pike Place. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to a friend. Not giving it 5 stars because I reserve that for the rare occasion that I am completely blown away in every respect.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Shawna_Ross
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank you Shawna_Ross for sharing your stay with us! I really enjoyed your title for this review. I do kind of wish that were would have blown you away a little more than we did. We do always appreciate the feedback on all aspects of a stay. Thank you for being understanding of the early check in process. We do try our best to get guests in early, but there are always those time when we are sold out where it become a little more challenging. And we do try our best to grant the requests of guest needing to be near one another, so I am happy to hear that this was able to be done. I hope that when you are back in Seattle, you choose to stay with us. I want that opportunity to wow you! Thanks again for sharing your experience, it is always welcomed!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (475)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
West Linn, Oregon
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This hotel was absolutely enjoyable. We had a large guest room and it was conveniently located near all of the sites in downtown Seattle. The staff was incredibly helpful and very courteous. We enjoyed our quick trip to Seattle a great deal. If I had one complaint (and it was a small one) I wish their exercise facilities were a little better. The space they had was small but OK. If they had just added an exercise ball and a couple of free weights it would have been better. They have a stationary bike, a treadmill, and a couple of elliptical machines so this part was perfect. An exercise ball and some free weights would have allowed us to start our day with our normal morning routine. Overall the place was heavenly and would be highly recommended.

Room Tip: We picked the "SPA" room which includes a big jetted tub for two. After walking all day i...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Sounds like a pretty great stay! Our Spa Suites are quite amazing when it comes to wanting a relaxing and comforting getaway. It is highly recommended! Thank you for sharing your feedback about our fitness center. I would have to agree with what you have mentioned. It has been brought up before that our fitness center lacks a few items, so we are taking all of the feedback into consideration. We can’t make any promises on when we will be able to update the facilities, but it is definitely in the works. We hope to have you back again soon for your next Seattle adventure!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Just returned from a week at the Alexis Hotel. Stayed in one of the large suite with my wife and young son. I was really impressed with the exceptional service and attention from the overall staff, but in particular my wife and I wanted to recognize Amanda and Cody at the front desk. They were exceptional. They remembered us every time we exited or entered the hotel and they went out of there way to make recommendations and they did so with great enthusiasm and genuine concern for our experience. There was another young African American man at the front desk who was also outstanding, but his name escapes me. As one of the very few African American families at the hotel this past week, I was extremely impressed with great color blind service and these folks at the Alexis provided. The hotel is lovely and comfortable, but it was these people and others who made the experience special for me and my family.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kim H
Thank you Kim H for sharing the experience you had staying at our property. When I read reviews such as yours it makes me incredible happy to see that it is the staff that made your stay exceptional. Even better, there were three of our desk agents that stood out to you in particular. Fantastic! We really appreciate when our guests interact and take advantage of the knowledge and recommendations we have on our wonderful city! Not everyone takes that opportunity, so we thank you for taking it. We are so happy to have had you as our guests, and we look forward to your next visit with us!
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 11 July 2014

This place was okay.
Pros: The suite was very generously sized, the location was great, and the staff were nice for the reasonable cost.

Cons: No good places to put your clothes if you are a family on a long vacation-only a closet. Our clothes were strewn all around because there was no storage.

The place was dingy and needed a redo

The onsite restaurant and room service were subpar in food quality and in service

The staff was very friendly but perhaps a little chummy and not professional but I'm being picky there…

We wouldn't stay here again

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank srqbaby
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Got to Alexis by pure chance, because almost everything else was booked at that time (some sort of big convention in Seattle, unrelated to my business travel). It's a really nice hotel, kind of dated - not really my cup of tea. Very nicely located but rooms are a bit on the small side. Got to love the bathrobes in leopard :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank aspinei
Washington, DC
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful stay. The property is in a great location and very nice, and it features all the lovely Kimpton touches (hosted wine hour, free bicycles, refreshments in the lobby, lovely rooms). I especially want to commend the hotel for how they handled a small hiccup we experienced at check in and at breakfast on our first morning. After I pointed these out to the hotel and restaurant operations coordinator, she went above and beyond to make sure that the rest of our stay was flawless - and it was, thanks to the fantastic staff and a nice touch of a complimentary breakfast and bottle of prosecco. Hats off for handling a complaint in such a classy and positive way. I would stay here again and again and will definitely recommend this hotel to all who visit Seattle.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The staff at this hotel are amazing. I am willing to sacrifice the high rise views I normally enjoy for great customer service, and I'm glad I did with this hotel. Due to the overwhelming majority of good reviews for this hotel, I gave it a shot and stayed here with my boyfriend for one night in early July on our way to Victoria, BC. The customer service did not disappoint. It was what is expected when you go to a Kimpton property. I was very impressed with the staff's friendliness to our questions and they even kept our bags safe for us when we returned from Victoria and wanted to roam free around Seattle for a few hours while we waited for our flight. Highly recommend this hotel. Excited to try new Kimpton hotels in the area.

Room Tip: All special requests I made were accommodated, so don't be afraid to ask for a higher floor or a...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple