“Superb!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
providence, RI
“Superb!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

I stayed at the Alexis in May on a business trip. The hotel is beautiful, the room was pristine and comfortable (love the cool bathrobe), and I can't say enough about the staff! My co-workers and I enjoyed the wine hour. Everything was so pleasant that the group relaxed and extended our gathering into the evening. The manager and staff treated us like royalty.

I didn't have a chance to try the full restaurant but the appetizers we ordered were very tasty. My co-workers made a point of rising early enough for breakfast at the hotel before heading to meetings each day and they were very pleased.

I'm an animal lover and am so happy that the hotel is pet-friendly, although I didn't have my guys with me. For anyone who is curious, the hotel is spotless and I never would have guessed that pets were around.

The location is excellent, within easy access of restaurants and the waterfront. My group and I agree that whenever we're in Seattle the Alexis is our first choice for accommodations. Thank you to the staff and manager for a very memorable and enjoyable experience!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (461)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
western US
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

If you love hearing ALL street noise, and even feeling the rumbling engines, book this place.
For $8 less per evening, I booked this hotel. The Four Seasons had filled up prior to me fully bookings room & I know why- it's not nice.
No dresser, dark room & seriously zero sound proofing. I can hear seagulls, horns, cars going through puddles, horns sirens. And it's freezing in our room.
This is like a weird "boutique" hotel in San Fran.
For the price, pick a gold standard. This is such a massive disappointment!

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank traveltounravel
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
I am genuinely sorry to see that rather than exceeding your expectations we fell short. I would love to be able to connect with you directly to further discuss your stay. Please email me at Jenne.Neptune@alexishotel.com. I do apologize for any inconveniences that occurred during your stay and I am looking forward to your response.
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

This is my second stay. What a beautiful property ! I was book in a ballerina suite. Huge living room with dining room area. Nicely decorated with ballet memorabilia on the walls. Large bar. Wish the room had some table ware as the set up was very inviting for an intimate dinner. The bedroom had wonderful comfortable king size bed, flat screen TV. Hallway with a large walk in closet and Terri robes. The hotel offers complimentary wine tasting from 5-6 pm and Starbucks coffee in the morning. There is a flavored water offered throughout the day. The hotel is within walking distance to Seattle Art museum, Pikes Market Place and excellent restaurants. Pier 69 that departs to Victoria island and San Juan islands within 20 min walk. Bellman an staff are extremely courteous . Great stay in Seattle!

Room Tip: I was on 5th floor. Ballerina suite v
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Cypress, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

Enjoyed our stay at the Alexis Hotel. Our expectations were high and were met. Beautiful hotel. Highlights include Starbucks coffee in the morning and wine hour in the afternoon.

Great location only a block from the waterfront and a couple blocks away from Pikes Peak Market.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank graye
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We always love to meet expectations, so when reading this review I had a smile on my face seeing that we were successful. Thank you for highlighting our two favorite things as well, our coffee service and wine hour. It makes for a pretty great stay! Thanks again, and we hope to have you back again soon!
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

I came to the hotel to stay with family. We wanted a hotel that would welcome my pooches and was kid friendly with flare. Location was important. We picked the right place!

Location: Located conveniently on first avenue, within walking distance to the Seattle Art Museum, Pikes Place Market and every store and restaurant worth checking out in Seattle! The waterfront is a block down and there are parks close by. Location is great here!

Pets: Okay, my pets do not know they are dogs, so they REALLY enjoyed their stay. I did not pay any extra for the pups (I don't know what there policy may be today). When we entered the lobby there was a sign welcoming the four-legged friends to the hotel and ours were named on the board (their actual names). It was super cute and very nice to see. We had two rooms. The one I stayed in with the pups had beds for them, water bowls, and a few treats. They quickly took to their beds and the room and dog beds did not smell like any other dog used them. Point for Pets!!

Room: We each had very different rooms. I was on one side of the hotel and had a beautiful large bed with lofty bedding and beautiful furniture. The hotel itself was not new, but in keeping with Kimpton style, it was very well kept and up-to-date. The bathroom was large and beautiful. The room was decorated in dark brown, gold, and a splash of red and was very tastefully decorated. The view was hideous from my room, but the curtains helped keep the view from taking over the room. Our second room was LARGE! It was huge, we were surprised. We paid the same price, but my Sister-in-law scored with a large living room, nice view, patio balcony, you name it; it was fabulous. Now my room was nice too, but their room was very big and on the other side of the hotel. Loved both rooms.

The Lobby: Tastefully decorated and very welcoming.

The Staff: Extremely friendly and made us feel right at home.

The Restaurant: Wonderful food. They made everything taste fabulous. I even asked for egg whites one morning and they added chevre and spinach and it was to die for. I had breakfast there more than once and was not disappointed. Service was fast and efficient, wait staff really handled a large table with ease.

Summary: You cannot go wrong with this place, especially if you want a hotel that accommodates family and pets, but you don't want one that looks like it does. In a nutshell that is me.

TIP: Get a high floor and sign up for their loyalty card before booking a room.

Green Features: I am not sure about their environmentally friendly practices
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Wow, thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that your family, including your dogs, felt the great experience we want all of our guests to feel! We appreciate when guests give back such great feedback in the description and details of their stay. So thank you for that! It really sounds like you had a wonderful stay with us. We do hope that you join us again!
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

We had 2 two-queen beds rooms for 1 night during a recent stop over. As we entered the hotel, the water station was a lifesaver for the hot day, and the bellmen were super-friendly and attentive. We were really early and couldn't get rooms immediately -- not their fault -- so we enjoyed a late brunch at the Alexis's restaurant. Brunch was yummy, service good. When we came back to wait, it took an hour after check-in time to get our rooms ready, but this is because we wanted rooms next to each other.

Rooms were cheerful and very clean. The wacky bathrobes freaked me out a bit. Minibar seemed overpriced to me (more pricey than the other nearby Kimpton property). Big, comfy tub to soak in. We went back downstairs for a nightcap and were blown away by the amazing selection of Scotches.

Overall, we got a good value for our money, especially being so close to downtown and Pike Place. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to a friend. Not giving it 5 stars because I reserve that for the rare occasion that I am completely blown away in every respect.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Shawna_Ross
Thank you Shawna_Ross for sharing your stay with us! I really enjoyed your title for this review. I do kind of wish that were would have blown you away a little more than we did. We do always appreciate the feedback on all aspects of a stay. Thank you for being understanding of the early check in process. We do try our best to get guests in early, but there are always those time when we are sold out where it become a little more challenging. And we do try our best to grant the requests of guest needing to be near one another, so I am happy to hear that this was able to be done. I hope that when you are back in Seattle, you choose to stay with us. I want that opportunity to wow you! Thanks again for sharing your experience, it is always welcomed!
West Linn, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

This hotel was absolutely enjoyable. We had a large guest room and it was conveniently located near all of the sites in downtown Seattle. The staff was incredibly helpful and very courteous. We enjoyed our quick trip to Seattle a great deal. If I had one complaint (and it was a small one) I wish their exercise facilities were a little better. The space they had was small but OK. If they had just added an exercise ball and a couple of free weights it would have been better. They have a stationary bike, a treadmill, and a couple of elliptical machines so this part was perfect. An exercise ball and some free weights would have allowed us to start our day with our normal morning routine. Overall the place was heavenly and would be highly recommended.

Room Tip: We picked the "SPA" room which includes a big jetted tub for two. After walking all day i...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sounds like a pretty great stay! Our Spa Suites are quite amazing when it comes to wanting a relaxing and comforting getaway. It is highly recommended! Thank you for sharing your feedback about our fitness center. I would have to agree with what you have mentioned. It has been brought up before that our fitness center lacks a few items, so we are taking all of the feedback into consideration. We can’t make any promises on when we will be able to update the facilities, but it is definitely in the works. We hope to have you back again soon for your next Seattle adventure!