Kimpton Alexis Hotel
US$283
US$273
  • Fitness centre
2,166 results
All reviewsbookstore barspa suitepike place marketwine hourpioneer squareseattle art museumboutique hotelfront desk staffferris wheelhappy hourmini barbottle of champagnefew blocksan upgradewe've stayedwonderful hotelsitting area
Reviewed 18 August 2014

My son and I were on Holiday in Seattle when we stayed at a suite in the Alexis. The hotel is in a very good location relative to the waterfront, Pike Place Market, the Aquarium, the Seattle Wheel, and several of the restaurants receiving good reviews. But, the hotel itself is really nothing special, especially considering the price. Our suite included an independent sitting room that had no windows and was extremely dark. The furnishings were reasonably attractive, the bed reasonably comfortable, and the bathroom small. I certainly would research other opportunities if I were returning. This is certainly not, in any way, a "boutique" hotel, as I think of them. The people were friendly, but no more than would be expected at an "upscale" hotel.

Room Tip: Definitely select an upper floor with a water view if possible.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Douglas O
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

I am genuinely sorry to see that rather than exceeding your expectations we fell short. We pride ourselves on creating a truly unique hotel experience- I invite you to reach out to me personally so that we might regain your trust in the Alexis.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

The staff at this hotel from the door to the desk were so friendly and helpful. We had a view of the ferris wheel and it was easy walking distance to the waterfront, aquarium, etc. The hotel itself is really lovely, clean and spacious. I can't wait for another chance to go back!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Well we can’t wait to have you back as well! It makes me very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay here with us. It sounds like you had one of our Executive Suites? They do have some pretty wonderful views of Elliot Bay! Thank you again for being our guest and sharing your stay with us. Till next time!

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Planned to stay at nice 4 star hotel after Alaskan cruise, but for over $400 a night, this place fell well below expectations. Even though we booked a room with two double beds and arrived early, they placed me in a room with a king and suggested we use the pull out couch. After we refused, they "found" a room on the second floor. While they did apologize with a free bottle of wine, we were given a room that had a few noticeable issues. 1. Grout in bathroom / shower was moldy. 2. A tub/shower for a 4 star hotel--really? I expect that at Homewood suites. 3. Sharing balcony with neighbors--weird. And door didn't fully close so we got to hear road noise all night. 4. Dark room, and hard to find light switches. And, then to make matters worse, the party they had in their entertainment room (1 floor below) could be heard at full volume all night. When I called to explain that I had to be up at 530 am for a flight--again, nothing they can do. Deal with it. Basically, I would spend your money elsewhere---avoid the issues and stay at a hotel that meets 4 and 5 star expectations.

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

I have reached out to you via email and phone call and look forward to getting this resolved to your satisfaction.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

My husband stayed for a week and I joined him for three days.

Location – awesome if you want right downtown Seattle a few hundred steps from the Pike place Market.

Service – Good to very good especially the valet guys that meet and greet you at the street. Wonderful coffee service in the lobby in the morning and wine in the evening
Room – Appropriately funky and differentiating from the usual Marriott, Westin, etc. Wish they had a coffee pot in the room even though they have a great coffee service in the lobby. Quite and clean.

Gym – very small but OK. Lots of great walking opportunities nearby including a wonderful trail on Puget Sound.

Price – We were paying a corporate rate of about $300 night which was fair but the $42 for parking felt a little high.

Issues – A slightly weird smell in the room that they were covering up with air freshener. The hotel restaurant for breakfast is cute and has good food but the service is extremely hit or miss – like one star to five star.

We would go back and we might recommend it to friends….depends on the friends and what they were looking for.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us! It is very detailed, and we always appreciate the feedback. I’m glad to hear that out of your top three things, it was the service and actual rooms that you enjoyed. I apologize for the lack of the coffee maker in your room. We do not have them in every room, but they can be available upon request. And our gym is on the smaller side, so I’m happy to see that you took advantage of the running path near the waterfront. It is something in the works that we are working on expanding. So do look forward to that! As for the parking, we do recognize that it is on higher end of parking prices downtown, but we do over parking discounts with certain rates that are booked. We do hope that you will give us another chance so we can show you the true, full Alexis Hotel experience. Till next time!

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Was our first time in Seattle and through TripAdvisor, seemed like a good choice. What a wonderful find. Close to everything, was able to walk to the market as well as a Mariners game. Nice big, clean and modern room. If we visit again, would stay here again, no doubt.

Room Tip: We had a suite, nice and large. Perfect for a family of 4.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Well we sure do hope you come back for another visit! We would love to have you back. We thank you and your family for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is always a pleasure to hear when guests are having a wonderful time! And you are correct in our suites being perfect for families of four. We are lucky to have different suite types and sizes that it makes it easy for guests to book certain rooms that they need for their families. Thank you for mentioning that, and we look forward to having you back in the future. Till next time!