“Simply Kimpton”

Kimpton Alexis Hotel
Ranked #4 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 20 August 2014

There hotel room is awesome, always quiet and clean. Superior service. Afternoon tea and lemonade are awesome. These are always pricey but worth very penny. It is close to the market and to Pioneer Square.easy walk.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Simply fantastic! We love to hear that we are worth every penny! Thank you for that. And thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We hope to have you back again for your next Seattle adventure!

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Upon learning I would be attending a conference in Seattle, I decided to visit over the weekend before the conference and wanted to stay at a top-notch hotel in the heart of downtown Seattle. After doing some research I decided on the Alexis Hotel. Rated very highly on TripAdvisor, I had very high expectations for my stay. Unfortunately, as is often the case with high expectations, I was ultimately disappointed. Below are my comments regarding various aspects of the hotel:

1. The Room - The most impressive part of this stay was the size of the room. I stayed in a Premier Suite with a King Bed. The high ceilings, the additional TV room, the comfortable bed, luxurious bathroom and customizable climate control (this is sometimes an issue in areas where air conditioning isn't always a way of life) all contributed to an impressive in-room experience. The main complaint I had was the excessive noise from the room above. I am not sure if I was plagued with a stomping walker or if the age of the building was the cause. Fortunately, this only occurred in the afternoon while I was relaxing and did not bother me while sleeping. Overall I was satisfied with this room, though it still seemed a bit overpriced.
2. The Staff - The bellhops were courteous and attentive. Unfortunately, the staff behind the main desk was efficient at best, somewhat cold at worst. I had booked this stay well in advance and had informed them I would have an early arrival. I ended up showing up about 11:30 AM. I requested my room and was informed it was not yet available. I completely understand this is something that cannot always be accommodated so decided to drop off my bags and the woman behind the desk assured me she would call me once the room was ready. After doing a bit of sight-seeing and having lunch, I returned to the hotel around 3PM, hoping the room was ready by now. The gentleman behind the desk did inform me the room was ready. I was very disappointed the original individual failed to contact me when the room was ready.
3. Other observations - I did appreciate the $10 mini-bar coupon. I had some dinner delivered and took advantage of this with a soda. Wanting another, I called down to the front desk and they promptly brought me two sodas. Unfortunately, these sodas were expired. Since I knew I would not be spending $10, I let this go. There is Wi-Fi available for Karma reward members. I was impressed with the quality of the Wi-Fi as it can be hit-and-miss at hotels.

This was a rare experience for me as I do not tend to spend so much money on lodging, especially for one night. However, I decided to indulge and was ultimately disappointed. Perhaps my expectations were too high but I really thought I would get more attentive service from the staff. The expired sodas were a very minor thing but still disappointing given my expectations.

In conclusion, if money is not a concern and you do not mind just adequate service, I would gladly recommend this establishment. The rooms are quite nice and you can expect to be well-rested. However, I personally feel you should get a bit more bang for your buck.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Michael M
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

I am genuinely sorry to hear that your stay did not reflect the pride we take in caring for our guests. Please reach out to me personally at jenne.neptune@alexishotel.com if you would like to discuss your stay further. We would love another chance to show you the kind of service we work so hard to provide! Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Very enjoyable stay! A few blocks from Pikes Market and Century Link Field/Safeco Field. Adele was very helpful with a special room for special stay. The evening wine hour had delicious appetizers. We will be back!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
jenne_neptune, General Manager at Kimpton Alexis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Thank you so much Marie! Sounds like a pretty great stay. We appreciate the response! It’s nice to hear when guests take advantage of our wine hour. It’s the best! Glad to see that Adela stood out to you. She goes above and beyond to make sure her guests are recieving the best service possible! Thank you again for being our guests and sharing your stay with us. We will see you next time.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Ditto to what Douglas O said about this hotel. For the price paid, I was not overly impressed. We stayed in a room next to one of the trash chutes and it was a bit smelly. The bathrooms are fairly small. On the upside, the fruit plate at the Bookstore Café/Bar was really good.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

As we strive to constantly improve, it is constructive feedback like this that motivates and gives us direction. Please reach out to me personally at jenne.neptune@alexishotel.com if you would like to discuss your stay further. Although I am happy to hear you enjoyed your meal at out restaurant, I would hope that we may get another chance to provide the full Alexis Hotel experience.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

My son and I were on Holiday in Seattle when we stayed at a suite in the Alexis. The hotel is in a very good location relative to the waterfront, Pike Place Market, the Aquarium, the Seattle Wheel, and several of the restaurants receiving good reviews. But, the hotel itself is really nothing special, especially considering the price. Our suite included an independent sitting room that had no windows and was extremely dark. The furnishings were reasonably attractive, the bed reasonably comfortable, and the bathroom small. I certainly would research other opportunities if I were returning. This is certainly not, in any way, a "boutique" hotel, as I think of them. The people were friendly, but no more than would be expected at an "upscale" hotel.

Room Tip: Definitely select an upper floor with a water view if possible.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Douglas O

I am genuinely sorry to see that rather than exceeding your expectations we fell short. We pride ourselves on creating a truly unique hotel experience- I invite you to reach out to me personally so that we might regain your trust in the Alexis.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

The staff at this hotel from the door to the desk were so friendly and helpful. We had a view of the ferris wheel and it was easy walking distance to the waterfront, aquarium, etc. The hotel itself is really lovely, clean and spacious. I can't wait for another chance to go back!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Well we can’t wait to have you back as well! It makes me very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay here with us. It sounds like you had one of our Executive Suites? They do have some pretty wonderful views of Elliot Bay! Thank you again for being our guest and sharing your stay with us. Till next time!

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Planned to stay at nice 4 star hotel after Alaskan cruise, but for over $400 a night, this place fell well below expectations. Even though we booked a room with two double beds and arrived early, they placed me in a room with a king and suggested we use the pull out couch. After we refused, they "found" a room on the second floor. While they did apologize with a free bottle of wine, we were given a room that had a few noticeable issues. 1. Grout in bathroom / shower was moldy. 2. A tub/shower for a 4 star hotel--really? I expect that at Homewood suites. 3. Sharing balcony with neighbors--weird. And door didn't fully close so we got to hear road noise all night. 4. Dark room, and hard to find light switches. And, then to make matters worse, the party they had in their entertainment room (1 floor below) could be heard at full volume all night. When I called to explain that I had to be up at 530 am for a flight--again, nothing they can do. Deal with it. Basically, I would spend your money elsewhere---avoid the issues and stay at a hotel that meets 4 and 5 star expectations.

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

I have reached out to you via email and phone call and look forward to getting this resolved to your satisfaction.