“Great place to stay to experience downtown Seattle”

Kimpton Alexis Hotel
Ranked #4 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 12 March 2010

Our family of 5 stayed here for 4 days. I was reluctant to stay in a boutique style hotel with 3 teenage boys!! but here is what worked. It is close to the Pike street market (we ate there every day), Original Starbucks, Seattle Art Museum and we walked to the Pier and to Pioneer Square. I grew up in Seattle and wanted my family to experience what Seattle was like. I didn't want the distractions of a pool and video games in the hotel...because they would of wanted to hang out there. We spent four days walking around and exploring the city! The Hotel has an historical feel and the only complaint I had was there were no ice machines, you had to ask for ice to be brought to your room.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,116)

Reviewed 3 March 2010

We do priceline all the time and usually stay in a starwood property and was surprised to be placed at the Alexis. The room is huge and very nice and personal, I hear they are all diferent. Very romantic and detailed. Parking is exspensive, as in all of downtown and the only negative is the distance to the downtown shopping area is about 15 min walking, The usual Seattle bums are around so that is why I'm not in love the location. The beds are great, much better than the Westin we just switched from. Many resturants are close, McCormicks 1/2 a block away was very good for dinner. This is a beautiful, old, artsy hotel.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 February 2010

We travel a lot and have stayed in so many hotels, but Alexis Hotel was by far the best! We stayed in President Suite and it was just gorgeous! Extremely spacious with lovely furniture and super comfy bedding! They also prepared us a nice playpen so that our 8months old son could sleep safe. The location was excellent as well. I had made some special arrangement for my spouse birthday and it went really well. It sure was a memorable stay and we WILL come back to this hotel!!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2010

What a lovely hotel. My room - 437 - was the size of an apartment. A hallway, dining/living area and separate bedroom - all with stunning views of the sea and Cascade mountains. On the walls, lots of original artwork. Decor muted and expensive. Furniture heavy and plush. This is how it should be. Competent, unobtrusive staff who know their way around the city as well. Best of all, quiet.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 February 2010

We stayed one night in the Alexis as a little getaway weekend. Our stay couldn't have been better. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The bar staff, especially so. Excellent selection of top shelf, small batch whiskey and scotch.

The location is excellent too!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2010

Spent Valentine's at the Alexis Hotel with my wife. It was a very magical stay. They rolled out the red carpet for Valentine's with a special dinner menu, and breakfast menu the following morning. They had champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, flowers, and a personalized note from me to my beautiful wife in the room before we arrived. Everything about the Alexis Hotel was great. I am planning on returning for another get-away with my wife.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2010

My friend and I stayed at this hotel a few years ago. The room was clean and a good size. The staff were very friendly and glad to help.

Stayed: August 2008, travelled with friends