“Can't wait to stay here again”

Kimpton Alexis Hotel
Ranked #4 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Saskatoon, Canada
“Can't wait to stay here again”
Reviewed 5 June 2010

LOVED this hote! The location was perfect, lots of things to see and do within walking distance.I stayed in a one bedroom suite and it was beautiful! Loved the blend of the character of the old beautifully restored building and the chic modern decor, the artwork throughout the hotel and in the room was awesome.All the staff were very warm and friendly and make you feel very welcome. I have already recommended this hotel to friends and will definately stay there again next time I am in Seattle.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (473)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 5 June 2010

Excellent service. Helpful and friendly. Made us feel special. Enjoyed the common area and room decors. The artwork was fascinating. Also, there was a feeling of intimacy about the hotel. Enjoyed the Library Bar. The location is between Pike Market and Pioneer Square. Easy walk up or down the street.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 3 June 2010

I've stayed at several of the Kimpton properties and this one rated near the top. I'd highly recommend it for both business or pleasure.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
Richmond, Texas
Reviewed 3 June 2010

We stayed in the Alexis after returning from an Alaskan Cruise. It was convenient to Pioneer Square and Pike's Place Market. Great staff helped us get where we wanted to go either by car service or directions. Most every place was within walking distance. The room was elegant and very well priced. Wil definitely stay with the Alexis again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 31 May 2010

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights in April and enjoyed our experience. We were in Room 248 - a very large King suite. We originally asked to be moved to a higher floor, but once we realized how large our room was compared to what we would be getting and the fact that it was on a quiet alley, we stuck with what we had. The garbage truck did wake us up on the Friday morning, but other than that, no noise problems for us.
As I said, our room was very large. King bed, big round dining table (just in case we wanted to invite 4 friends over for dinner!), sitting area with couch and chairs, shared balcony (didn't use it), free wifi (we signed up for the Kimpton InTouch program - it's free, so why not?!), Ipod docking station, and those snazzy leopard-print robes! The bathroom was relatively small, but ok.
The location was great indeed. We walked every day to Pike Place Market for breakfast. In fact, we walked most places around Seattle - it's quite a walkable city.
Didn't eat in the hotel, but did have a drink at the Library Bar.
We went across the street to Hotel 1000 to their Spaaah and had a massage - heavenly! Both of us agreed that we had one of our Top 3 massages ever! And that's saying something because we've had a few massages in our day.
The staff were always helpful and friendly. We asked them which bus to take to Freemont and they printed out the schedule for us. They also printed out our boarding passes for us. We asked for and received a late checkout of 2pm. Better than most places we've stayed.
I would recommend it and definitely stay here again. We paid $180/night all in through hotels.com.
As for restaurants, we had a fun time at Purple Cafe and Wine Bar - try the Purple Chopped Salad - delicious! We went to Salumi (in the Pioneer Square area) for lunch and had a couple of fantastically filling salami sandwiches - no wonder this place is always lined up out the door. It's well worth the wait though and the line moves fast. We went to Spur for dinner - they use fresh, local ingredients and reservations are highly recommended because this place is popular - deservedly so. Probably the best hamburger i've ever had. For dessert, try the Peanut Butter Panna Cotta - tastes like a Reese's peanut butter cup! Mmm.. Then for our last dinner in Seattle, we went to Six-Seven restaurant in the Edgewater Hotel. All around excellent meal, from the cocktails, wine and the food to the attentive service and the sunset view.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cdnabroad
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 27 May 2010

I would take advantage of the courteous and helpful staff and simply ask for what you want. I enjoyed my small but elegant room. It suited me. Some of my colleagues asked for and were upgraded to suites or larger quarters. A cab in the wee hours to the airport? They had a town car waiting for me for less than the cost of the airport cab I took in. My room rate included (to my surprise) a free continental breakfast in the attractive dining room. The croissant and coffee were as good as any I've had.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
Beckenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2010

Wonderful hotel, excellent location right downtown about 10 minutes from Pike Street Market. The check in staff & bell boys were knowledgable and friendly without being over the top.
The Bookstore Bar had a great atmosphere with good food and great selection of wines & beers. I did not eat in the main hotel Bistro but it looked cosy and had a great atmosphere as well. There are lots of restaurants and bars within walking distance as well.
The room was large, I got upgraded due to being a Kimpton Intouch Member. It was on the main street and the noise was minimal. Internet was super fast both in the room and Bookstore Bar. I did not go to the gym, it was small but had plenty of equipment.
For the Spa lovers, the Aveda Spa was located right next to the hotel with an entrance directly from the hotel lobby.
I would defintely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo