“Excellent location, very clean rooms and helpful staff”

The Paramount Hotel
Ranked #6 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
UK
“Excellent location, very clean rooms and helpful staff”
Reviewed 5 June 2012

I stayed five nights at the hotel. The location could not be better. It is on one of the main Seattle streets and within walking distance of the main attractions. The staff are very helpful.

The rooms are very clean and tidy. Criticisms are that the air conditioning is very loud (you don't want the windows open as it's loud outside) also the breakfast is not included and for the room rate (£120) I would expect it to be.

Overall I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012
Thank Alex.uk-7
ParamountHotelSEA, General Manager at The Paramount Hotel, responded to this review, 8 June 2012
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel and your stay with us. We appreciate your comments and are happy you were satisfied with your visit and our accommodations. I do thank you for your criticisms as well, as they help us know where we may need to make improvements.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Manila
Reviewed 4 June 2012

One of the reasons we chose The Paramount Hotel was because of its location. At first, we weren't sure what to expect but we were very pleased when we checked in. Our rooms and bathrooms were very clean and spacious with two queen beds. Our concierge was very friendly and helpful. Whenever we asked questions about destinations, they would quickly offer us a map with the easiest way to get there. They even made reservations for us at the Space Needle, with extra perks on the side! We loved it!

Aside from the accommodations, we were very happy with the location. We were walking distance from Barnes & Noble, Nordstrom, the monorail, See's, H&M, Gap, Old Navy, See's Candies, Sephora, Columbia and Pike Place Market, which we visited everyday during our stay.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I'm glad to see that you enjoyed our central location and our accommodations! Thank you also for noting the helpfulness of our team. This is very important to us, and we're glad it shows. Hope to see you again when in Seattle!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 2 June 2012

I am so happy that after all the surveys, I picked this hotel to stay. It exceeds my expectation. Convenient location, contemporary decor, comfortable bedding for a good night sleep and free internet.
We stayed on 3rd floor next to the ice machine but did not hear anything. The view was not great, but you get what you pay for. Our rate is the Best Available Rate. So if you are willing to pay a little more, I am sure you will be on higher floor with a better view.
My daughter and I were supposed to stay for 5 nights but had to cut short our trip due to a family emergency. The staffs were very understanding and accommodating.
I will definitely choose this hotel again when I return to Seattle.

Manila
Reviewed 1 June 2012

The best part about this hotel is that it's practically walking distance to everything in downtown Seattle. If you're into shopping, stores like the Gap, Old Navy, See's, Nordstrom, Barnes & Noble, and many many more are just right down the street. You can also walk to the Pike Place Public Market for fresh seafood and other collectible items. And just a further walk down is the very first Starbucks store. Two blocks down the hotel is the monorail which takes you down to the Space Needle.
Back to the hotel itself, the staff are some of the most helpful people you'll ever meet. Tom, the concierge, was most delightful. He's very eager to give you the most precise directions on how to get around. Should you want to eat anywhere, he'll even call ahead and make a reservation for you.
We had a room with 2 queen beds and it was very pleasant. The room was very clean and makes for a very pleasant stay.

1 Thank asucachan
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Great location, walking distance to Pike Place! Eco-friendly and CLEAN!!
Tom the doorman is the BEST!!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 31 May 2012

My friend and I arrived early off Alaskan cruise so planned on leaving our luggage and exploring. Front desk folks were unfriendly when we asked about checking in and simply said "no", never even asking our names or suggesting we leave our luggage or eat in their restaurant...nothing, just a firm "no". So we found the Bell Cap, left bags (didn't get a receipt) and were off.

I came back around 5pm, exhausted and limping badly (torn ligament in knee) and tried to check in, but because my friend had made the reservation (and was still out shopping) they again said "No. Security reasons." Needless to say this was very disappointing but the fact that they were almost rude about it made things worse. As I sat waiting for my friend to arrive I thought that their security policy has some holes in it....was able to check in 4 pieces of luggage that morning showing no identification at all and no proof that we even had a reservation (because they didn't ask) only to leave the bags all day somewhere in a room on the second floor! Good security? NOT so much!

My friend finally arrived and we headed to the room. She left again within minutes and said she would stop at the front desk to ask that our bags be brought up right away. After waiting approx 45 mins for the bags to appear, I called down to ask again and was asked for my receipt (which of course we were not given). Once again I was snubbed and told I needed to have my claim check. I am not one to complain at all or get combative with hotel staff, but enough was enough and I insisted they return my bags which had MY name attached. Finally all was in order.

The room was great. Spacious and clean, Great bathroom set up and nice toiletries. Had dinner in the restaurant attached to the hotel and thoroughly enjoyed the food and atmosphere. Checkout was easy and front desk lady (28th May) was everything a front desk person should be!

Would I stay here again? Probably not simply because of the lack of professionalism and friendliness of the front desk crew on May 27th. Would highly recommend The Red Lion on Fifth.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank bdalolly
ParamountHotelSEA, General Manager at The Paramount Hotel, responded to this review, 12 June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I appreciate your feedback and comments. We apologize that we failed to meet your expectations on this occasion. We can assure you that this is not typical of the reviews we receive. I will be sharing this comment with our team so we can ensure this does not happen again.
McMinnville, Oregon
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Loved this hotel! The hotel is beautiful - it appears to have been recently updated - love the modern look, but yet very welcoming. Our room was very spacious, quiet, and completely clean. The hotel has easy acces to everything, shopping, within walking distance (8 blocks) of Pike's Market; three blocks to the monorail which takes you to the Space Needle and Pacific Science Center. Concierge helpful and nice. Easy access from I-5. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again if the opportunity arises!

Room Tip: If you are wanting to see the King Tut exhibit at The Pacific Science Center The Paramount Hotel off...