“Superb property, but...even more impressive: the staff”

The Paramount Hotel
Ranked #3 of 105 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Thanks for a great visit.!! The staff support was exceptional:

--Helped us find a room on short notice (Not easy - Seattle was sold out)
--Arranged for transportation
--Friendly and engaging was the overall theme

Excellent rooms. Great location - walking distance to a variety of attractions and restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Kyle A, General Manager at The Paramount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

We are so glad we could be of assistance during your family travel to Seattle. We pride ourselves on friendly customer service. It is great to hear you enjoyed our rooms and our central location near all the sights you wanted to visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,881)

Reviewed 12 June 2014

My husband and I stayed for one night in Seattle to see a Mariners/Yankees game. The person who checked us in provided detailed information on how to use the light rail to get to the game quickly and inexpensively. The hotel itself is conveniently located, and we were thrilled to get a free upgrade to a room with a view down Pine Street to the water. The room itself was clean and well-appointed, and the bed was probably one of the most comfortable I've had in a hotel. One small touch I really appreciated was the outlet located on the top of the bedside table, which made it easy to plug in my cell phone charger without having to rearrange the furniture. The hotel staff was professional and friendly - and calm and unruffled when faced with a challenging situation that my husband and I witnessed. My only (small) complaint was that the sofa and coffee table in our room had seen better days. We will definitely stay at the Paramount again, and we highly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your great review and we are so pleased to hear you will be staying with us again. that is a big compliment. We are glad you enjoyed our friendly staff, central location and comfortable beds. Cheers!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

As long as you do not mind walking a little bit, this is in a great location. Only a few blocks from the monorail to the Space Needle/Chihuly Gardens (skip the former, do not miss the latter), the central mass transit center (which features dozens of homeless people all around it), only a few blocks further straight down Pine St. to Pike Place Market, loads of shopping, restaurants and coffee shops within a few blocks. Tom the concierge is an amazing source of info! Use his vast storehouse of Seattle knowledge!!! No spa, boutique shops or bar if you are looking for those, but the rooms are very nicely appointed and well built (ours was right next to the elevator and we never heard it once). Only drawbacks are the extremely hard pillows that left us with head and neck aches (bring your own if you can!), and the bikers on the street below who seem to take a perverse delight in making as much noise as they possibly can, revving their straight pipes to echo off the canyons of high rises (then again maybe that was just my problem as I am a light sleeper and the GF never heard them). Desk staff also very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share a review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed Tom's (our Concierge) knowledge of the city and found our front desk staff helpful. We are a smaller hotel but we do have an attached bar/restaurant called Dragonfish (Asian fusion) and next door to us is a bar/restaurant called Urbane (American farm to table). There is a spa next us called Elaia. And we are 1 block from Nordstrom for shopping. So while we do not have all amenities under 1 roof, we are pretty darn close to everything!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I come to Seattle often and usually stay at Embassy suites, so this was the first times I visited The Paramount. Overall, I am pleased with the hotel and my service and would visit here again.

Good: Location, location, location!! Great! High walkability rating. No car needed if you stay in this hotel. Close to all major attractions and restaurants. The bed was VERY comfy. No complaints. The room appeared modern with furnishings. The service was great. I did use the onsite gym which was nice for my routine workouts.

Not so good (never bad): Your view out your room is of another building, no matter how high your floor is. This is either the west or east.... I'm not sure which direction but 50% chance of looking at concrete and no natural sunlight. In the other hotel I usually stay in has better visual stimulation no matter which side of hotel you stay in. My room was on the side of the restaurant which after the second night hoped my clothes didn't smell like food. No free breakfast but free coffee and/or water in the lobby. Valet parking is $32 a night. Try to take a train or something because if you stay long term, that can add up!

Room Tip: Three sides of the building is facing another building. No matter how high your floor, outside your...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing an in-depth review. We appreciate your honest insights. We are glad you enjoyed our central downtown Seattle location, comfortable beds and fitness facility. We hope to see you again as it sounds like your business brings you to Seattle often.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I have never met a more enthusiastically helpful concierge than Tommy. A true wonder. The hotel itself was very convenient to the Convention Center and (with a bit of a walk) to the Pike Market area. The area around the the hotel was safe. The rooms were entirely sufficient and clean, and for the money, a bargain. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review, we will pass your compliments on to our Concierge. Tom is well known and loved by locals and visitors! It's so nice to hear you enjoyed our central location and the value of our accommodations.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

So the Paramount was my choice, we stayed for a few nights for a wedding out of Seattle.I had previously stayed at the Hyatt across the street, but was told that it was under renovation on some of the floors so I decided the Paramount looked like fun.

It was. We had a nice average room, with a bright green tree outside the window, the hotel was quiet, and the staff was great. Rooms were clean and reasonably priced, we were not part of a package.

We had a corner room, bed was comfortable and a good nights sleep.

Room Tip: Corner room was quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Kyle A, General Manager at The Paramount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Thank you for choosing the Paramount for your Seattle weekend. We are glad you found our location convenient and our rooms quiet and comfortable. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

My family and I just got back from Seattle and we spent a few nights at The Paramount Hotel. I would highly recommend staying here if you're going to Seattle. It was walking distance to many places, including Pike Place Market, Macy's, Nordstrom Cheesecake Factory and many other stores and restaurants. The staff was beyond friendly and we were even able to get early check in one of our days. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were a nice size.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thanks for sharing a review to let other travelers know that we are family-friendly hotel and have a great central location in downtown Seattle.