“Awesome”

The Paramount Hotel
Ranked #3 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Very friendly staff, high quality furnishings in the room, great design & layout of the rooms. The quality was above what I expected for the price. Would definitely stay here again because I really liked it and all.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank WorldNomad2
Kyle A, General Manager at The Paramount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

We loved to hear that you would stay with us again! That is such a compliment. I'm happy our rooms, central downtown location and friendly team met your business travel needs.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,864)

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I don't see how you could go wrong by staying at the Paramount Hotel. All the staff we came in contact with were very pleasant and responsive to our needs. What I liked best about the hotel was the bathroom. The bathroom had the best layout and design I've ever experienced in a hotel- functional yet very pleasant and soothing. I have no complaints about this hotel and would stay at the Paramount again.

Room Tip: I booked a corner room and felt that spending a little extra money to get a corner room was worth i...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing a review! It's great to hear you had a pleasant stay and enjoyed your corner room. The bathroom layout and the tub in those rooms really is a treat. Thanks for letting other travelers know about it.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I just completed my second stay in the paramount hotel. We felt very welcomed and comfortable right away. I checked in with my young son, and was literally greeted at the door by the concierge, who gave us a great list of non-standard things to check out in the city. The front desk staff was friendly, the lobby was cozy (but small), and the location was good.

The rooms at this hotel leave quite a lot to be desired for the hotel class. For example:
- Rooms are dark and in serious need of additional lighting.
- There is no vent for the shower, yet while showering you stare straight into a vent (a dusty one) with a 4" hvac pipe. I think it either needs to be functional or eliminated.
- Lower floor rooms have a significant amount of street noise.
- Our room had a seriously musty/mildew-y smell
- Room has a large and loud A/C unit similar to what you'd find in a motel chain hotel.

Despite these shortcomings (which I recognize are first-world problems), I left the hotel feeling like we had a good stay at a good hotel. Probably the lobby and the staff contributed to this more than the room detracted from it.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Thunces
Kyle A, General Manager at The Paramount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Thank you for being a repeat guest. We read each review carefully and we want you to know that we are constantly upgrading the hotel facilities and amenities. We hope you will be delighted, not just satisfied, on your next stay. Thank You.

Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

The Paramount Hotel had both wonderful service and a beautiful room. Every little attention to detail was met. We attended a concert across the street at The Paramount Theater. Many things to do in walking distance. I fell in love with this hotel I hated leaving but we were off to Oregon. I highly recommend staying there.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Thanks for your great 5 star review! We do get a lot of visitors who select us based on our proximity to the Paramount Theater and then are pleasantly pleased with our service, rooms and amenities. Thanks for staying with us in Seattle!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

When we arrived at the Paramount, we were greeted by the very well appointed lobby, and a very helpful and friendly front desk agent. Our room was very clean and comfortable, great value for money, especially considering the very convenient location; Pikes Market, The Seattle Center Monorail, and access to much more were walking distance from the hotel. For those who are used to Marriott, Sheraton, or similar hotels, the Paramount will not disappoint.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank John Paul b

Thank you for comparing our service and amenities to larger hotel chains! We pride ourselves on our customer service and the time and care we take maintaining our hotel. So glad you enjoyed your stay and our central downtown Seattle location!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We have stayed here before and really like this hotel. This time we stayed 2 nights. The location is great, easy to walk to Pike's Market, restaurants or the light rail. The view from our 3rd floor room was of the hotel across the street but otherwise the room is very nice. Love the firm beds and the rooms are always very clean. Don't particularly like the doors to the bathroom which have frosted glass but overall the rooms are very comfortable. The lobby is small but has a nice sitting area. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Always enjoy staying here, although right now they are renovating the fitness center. Also, there are not ice machines on every floor. Overall, still a good experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank faat1

Thank you so much for being a repeat guest. It is the best compliment we can get! We are glad you enjoyed your room and amenities and found our team friendly and helpful. We are upgrading the fitness center this summer, it's going to look great when it is finished!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I stayed for one night midweek when I was in Seattle for a conference. I brought my teenage daughter, who was able to travel because she had finished school.

We paid C$195 via Expedia for a two queen "traditional" room. The check-in staff was excellent. The room was great -- nothing particularly special, but a good size for what we needed. The location is excellent, within walking distance of everything downtown.

My only complaint was the mandatory valet parking (mandatory in the sense that there wasn't a self-park option, unless you wanted to park off-property). I know parking in Seattle is expensive, but at US$39.04 it was clear that they were charging the market rate with no accommodation for being a hotel guest. The other thing about mandatory valet parking is that you don't have the convenience of being able to go in and out of your car to get or drop-off things -- at least not without it becoming more of an exercise than it needs to be. So it was a bit of a chore for my daughter to check out when I was in the conference, then figure out how to get all the stuff into the car, and then leave the car for the rest of the day.

I would stay here again because it met our needs at a reasonable price. While I would consider other properties, I'd likely choose the Paramount if everything else seemed relatively equal.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for staying with us! Just a reminder that there is a self-park lot across the street from our entrance as well as a special hotel park and stay package when you book through our website. We are one of the smaller downtown hotels so we do not have room for our own parking garage. There are other advantages though as you pointed out.