“Baseball birthday trip”

The Paramount Hotel
Ranked #3 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Spent 4 wonderful nights at The Paramount enjoying a beautiful city and a great baseball park. The staff was very helpful and always asked if we needed anything or how we were enjoying ourselves.We arrived on a Thursday afternoon via the Link from the airport. Our room wasn't ready but they checked the bags and put them in a secured room. They asked for my mobile number and called us when the room was ready. We had a corner room on the 10th floor with views down both Pine and 7th ave. The location is great we were able to walk to most places very easily and when we couldn't walk the Link was 3 short blocks away. I was in town to enjoy Safeco field which was a easy 35 minute walk from hotel or 20 minute Link ride. My wife and I really loved this place and the location for us was great. Looking forward to a return trip sometime in the future.

Room Tip: Room 1011 is a corner room you had a great view of Pikes Market and the water understanding that it...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Kyle A, General Manager at The Paramount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

We are so pleased to hear that you had a memorable stay in Seattle for your birthday and baseball weekend and that you would stay with us again. That is a great compliment. Until next time!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,841)

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Great hotel, and a very short walk back for my sons from a concert at the Paramount Theatre. There were lots of young concert-goers staying at this hotel, but it never felt (or sounded) like party central.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Justin L

Thanks for the great review! As you mentioned, we offer very convenient accommodation for concert-goers at the Paramount Theater.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

The positives: the hotel itself presents itself quite well - it's very clean and professional, and the room (bed, noise level) was comfortable for myself and my partner. The location to shopping and sightseeing is very convenient as well, which is a big plus.

The negatives: The room (including the bathroom) was very small for the price. Parking fees were typical for valet parking in a city, but the cost ($32) ended up being taxed as well - not initially discussed when checking in. The additional taxes added on to the room cost made the final cost much higher than expected as well.

Overall: my partner and I felt like we didn't get much for our money, and it ended up being a lot more money than we originally thought - almost $200 more. For the small size of the room and the even tinier bathroom, I wouldn't pay money to stay there again. As I frequent Seattle - I know there are other comparable and just as comfortable - if not more so - hotels in the vicinity that are much less in cost, including parking. (Reason I didn't book one of them initially is because they were all sold out - which tells you something!)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank ValleyAli

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am sorry to hear you did not find our rooms and parking to be a value. Rates vary seasonally and your visit was in high season. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay overall.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I stayed at the Paramount as a guest of a wedding party in June and could not have had a better experience. The hotel is small, but beautifully appointed. My room was not large, but was very nice - upscale and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Hi Paula, thank you for taking the time to share a review of your stay in June. June is a beautiful month in Seattle and we hope you enjoyed the wedding. Thank you for the 5-star review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our first visit to Seattle staying at the Paramount. The staff were really friendly and helpful, and even when I asked if I could settle my account with a different card to the one I had lodged with them, this was not a problem. A really greay experience.

Room Tip: Visit the website
2  Thank Ron C

We really appreciate the perspective that international visitors share with us. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff friendly and helpful. Thank you!

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed at the Paramount for 4 nights in late July as I was attending a conference at the nearby Washington State Convention Centre.

We arrive fairly late on a Friday evening and our check in was not as smooth as I would have liked. Earlier in my trip my credit card used for securing this booking had been stolen. As we were meeting two of my work colleagues in Seattle, we had arranged for a replacement card to be handed to one of them to ensure I had a new card to pay the bill. I knew they had checked in but reception was not willing to give me their room numbers so that I could get the card. Eventually, we were checked in with the proviso that I presented the card the following morning. I eventually located my associates and got the needed card.

The hotel is well located and is in walking distance to public transport and many downtown locations and attractions.

Rooms are well sized, clean and comfortable and the wi-fi works perfectly - no problems.

Complimentary coffee and the like are available in the lobby during certain hours - would have been nice if they were on offer 24/7 though.

I would stay here again for the superb location, but suspect there may be better value for money in the area too outside of conference season.

Room Tip: Try to get one away from Pine Street which can be noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Kyle A, Director of Sales at The Paramount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Thank you for sharing a review. We are glad that you found our location just 1 block from the convention center convenient for your business travel in Seattle. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

The staff at The Paramount Hotel were nothing short of awesome! Before we even checked in we got a email asking if we had any questions prior to our stay. We needed help arranging transportation to one of the dinner cruises and the great staff at The Paramount took care of setting up a car service for us. We also had lots of day to day questions as it was our first time in Seattle. The suggested great restaurants and bars, helped us figure out the light rail system so we could catch that to the stadium, ran down a block to get us a cab. What made the Paramount so great was that they made my husband and I feel like we mattered. They gave us the feeling that they genuinely cared about how our trip to Seattle. The location was great but, it was the service that has me waiting to return to Seattle. Thanks Paramount!

Room Tip: Spring for the corner room. The extra space is worth it.
2  Thank Alexis W

Thank you for making our day! As you mentioned in your review, we do have a great central downtown location but it is our service that we really focus on. We are so pleased to read such great compliments. We strive to make the hotel experience a highlight of each guests' Seattle visit.