“Quality with Affordability”

The Paramount Hotel
Ranked #3 of 105 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 25 August 2014

In an area where hotels are way over priced and over rated, this hotel is a breath of fresh air. It has an old time charm to it but has been updated where it counts. Close enough to the action of downtown Seattle to be able to walk (or a $4-5 fare) yet far enough away to feel safe. They upgraded me to a penthouse suite. (IDK why, but I'm not complaining) Great room, excellent views and great service. Every one I talked to at the hotel was nice in a genuine way. I will stay here again and would recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Kyle A, General Manager at The Paramount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

I am more than happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us and that we could provide you with a safe, comfortable place to stay in the heart of Seattle. Your recommendation means a great deal to us, so thank you very much.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,881)

Reviewed 24 August 2014

I was pleasantly surprised to find a charming hotel midst high rise downtown. It lives up to its name. Courteous staff, central location in the downtown, various eating option in the vicinity makes it a worthy choice.
We stayed in the Executive King Room.

Rooms - Spacious, great comfortable bed.
Bathroom - Always kept clean & was spacious { bath was actually bigger than many usual 5 star hotels, possible because it is an old hotel and space wasn't a death in old days :) }
On our first day, they provided with complimentary water bottles.

Few concerns - Storage area wasn't apt and enough to put your luggage outside direct eyesight.
They don't provide for bathroom slippers which was little odd.

Rest all was good !

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Kyle A, General Manager at The Paramount Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

It means a lot to us that you think our establishment lives up to the Paramount name! I am proud that we were able to provide you with a wonderful place to stay and we hope you come again soon. Thank you!

Reviewed 22 August 2014

I stayed two nights and I just loved every second of it! It was easy to find, I took the Link Light Rail from the airport to the downtown Westlake Station, then walked literally a block up Pine Street to the hotel. I was impressed with the luxe look and feel of the hotel, and the sweet, helpful staff, in particular Paige and Hank whom I saw the most of. Both were friendly and eager to help me navigate my way in the city. I walked everywhere from this hotel and it was the perfect location-about five or six blocks to Pike Place Market and two blocks to the very cool and modern shopping district. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and cannot wait to come back to Seattle so I can stay here again. The room 306 was lovely and looked out over Pine Street, very quiet. The bed, linens, and pillows were all very comfortable. I recommend this hotel to everyone and will be staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Paige and Hank are both incredibly friendly members of our team and it fills me with pride to read that they made your stay that much more enjoyable! Your kind words and your recommendation are greatly appreciated.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Staff was very good. Everyone asked if enjoyed stay or if there was anything they could do to assist us.. Clean comfortable, near shopping, walk to the Space Needle and Pike's Market, near convention center - Affordable Seattle Hotel

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

I am happy you enjoyed so many aspects of our hotel, from our great value to our friendly and attentive team! We hope you will come again soon!

Reviewed 19 August 2014

In town to watch baseball (wife to shop) so location was of importance to us - and the Paramount did not disappoint! Great location to Nordstom, Nordstrom Rack, Anthropologie, Macy's, Pacific Place Mall, etc. All the good shops you're lady will love. Just a few minute walk away.

Our room was a nice size, love the separate toilet/shower from the vanity. Comfy bed and linens. Great air conditioning. Reception was pleasant and helpful. A very nice touch which we appreciated was the cold water in the lobby during the day and the hot coffee in the morning! Awesome to grab a small cup of java (which was very good BTW) to tide you over until you hit the nearest Starbucks (which of course is not far). Rooms have a fridge which came in helpful for our late night Cheesecake Factory rip. No searching for plugins for your iPhone as the nightstands have them build right in.

The sushi restaurant attached to the hotel is EXCELLENT. Hit up the happy hour for good prices on sushi. We ate there like 4 times, and bellied up to the bar for happy hour drinks with James the bartender (who was very nice).

Oh and free wifi. Have to do the login thing quite frequently, which is annoying since it's free but whatever. Only supposed to have to do it once every 24 hours, but it seems like we were doing it much more frequently.

Obviously it's expensive to stay downtown, but we were very happy with the Paramount and would most definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your detailed, enthusiastic review! I am glad we could provide you with a pleasant stay close to so many great things Seattle has to offer. I hope your next stay with us is soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed here for one night in July on the front end of a cruise to Alaska. It's in a great location - a few blocks from Pike Place and close to the monorail. The staff was welcoming and helpful. We stayed in a standard room with a king bed. The room happened to be on one of the corners of the hotel, so we had views of the city on both sides of the room.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

I am very happy to read that you enjoyed our central location, friendly staff, and picturesque views. We hope you will stay with us again!

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Nicely appointed old hotel with recently updated rooms that were nicely done. Emphasis on being green, easy walking distance to lots of tourist sites. Gym was a small room but equipment was new and in good shape. Staff were all super friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

We would be honored to have you stay with us again on a return visit. Hope to see you soon.