“Reasonable hotel with great rooms in Seattle”

The Paramount Hotel
Ranked #5 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Bremerton, Washington
“Reasonable hotel with great rooms in Seattle”
Reviewed 1 September 2009

This is the second time we've stayed at the Paramount Hotel in Seattle. The first time was in May during the Mariners/Red Sox games. We stayed two nights and really enjoyed the room. The walk to Safeco Field is about 1.7 miles, but allows for a good exercise.

Our stay in August was just one night for a getaway. We ended up lucking out and got a corner room. This room was very nice with views of the Paramount Theatre and the street. I thought the street room would be noisy, but it wasn't bad. One of the best attributes to this room (besides the comfy king size bed) was the bathroom. There was a shower, a deep bathtub and a separate closet for the toilet (ideal when traveling with men!). I tried out the bathtub and it was lovely. There were arm rests and the tub was deep enough to cover my entire body. The shower is also very nice.

The beds are very comfortable as well. We didn't have to pay for parking this time around. The only negative to this stay was the noisy neighbors at 1:30 am! We almost called the front desk. Also, there is this one guy that works the front desk that is certainly not Mr. Personality and does not have the best customer service skills.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kibwolf

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 23 August 2009

I snagged a great deal at the Paramount for $116 a night for a standard 2 double bedroom. When we first got there, I was really surprised at how nice it was for the price. The rooms were very well decorated, with a flat screen tv, marble bathroom, great view, etc. The front desk was quick and helpful. The Asian fusion restaurant, Dragonfish, on the first floor has an outstanding happy hour menu with inexpensive drinks and sushi. Great location, minutes from the shopping areas and about 6 blocks to Pike's Place. Have to pay for internet, but there are 2 computers in the lobby for guest use. We opted not to pay the $27 parking fee (outrageous, I know) but instead found closeby metered spots. Overall, great experience at a way better price than other downtown hotels. Will definitely stay again!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank jgytraveler
Tri-Cities
Reviewed 12 August 2009

The was the best hotel that we stayed in the whole week.
Great location and very for money.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gillybee2
Santa Fe Springs, California
Reviewed 12 August 2009

I got a good deal by booking on the hotel's website where parking was only one dollar extra. For a hotel in downtown Seattle, that was a very good offer. Our room was very clean and the service was very friendly. Plus it was in a great location, near shopping, restaurants and theaters. I would definitely choose this hotel again, especially if they are offering the parking promotion again.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank mmversatile
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 26 July 2009

Nice... Only complaint is poor concierge service...

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BFR2345
Irvine, CA
Reviewed 11 July 2009

The location of the hotel is convenient to most of the central core tourist attractions, convention center, and business district, although it is on the fringe of the downtown area compared to some of its competitors.

Our reservation was handled efficiently through Expedia, although the hotel took several days to reply to my e-mail request for a confirmation of our reservation. The room itself, on a requested high floor, was quite good. The bed and linens were comfortable, there was a small working desk, and there an easy chair. Lighting was adequate. The bathroom was of an adequate size with good water pressure and plentiful hot water.

Much has been written by prior travelers of the excellent hotel service. I cannot agree. We took the airporter bus to a dropoff a block and a half from the hotel and carried our bag to the hotel. No big probem. The bellman is located inside the hotel itself and so didn't see us until we were virtually at the check-in desk. He inquired if we needed assistance and indeed provided gracious and helpful assistance. The check-in was perfunctory, polite and correct ... nothing more.

As my wife's back condition required that she use a portable heating pad we came downstairs after checking into the room and inquired about the availability of a microwave to warm the heating pad. (The room has a small fridge and coffe maker but no microwave.) The bellman was very helpful. He told us the only microwaves were in the staff break room, and personally went with us to help us warm the heating pad.

When we later returned from dinner we asked the same bellman to again assist us with the microwave. He shamefacedly told us he could not do so, as he had been instructed by management not to allow such assistance. (He later admitted he had been chewed out by management!) He told us to go to the hotel's attached restaurant, Dragonfish, and they would assist us. We were told by the restaurant manager, very brusquely, that they would not allow us to use the microwave, as only food could go into the microwave. (On many subsequent trips to restaurants in Seattle, and elsewhere, we were never turned down by another restaurant.)

Perhaps this rejection was a small thing, given the other qualities of the hotel, but it left a bad taste in our mouth, particularly as the bellman was reprimanded for doing a small task that greatly aided a hotel guest. On a subsequent visit about two weeks later to Seattle we stayed at a different hotel.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
Reviewed 3 July 2009

I stayed two nights at the Paramount Hotel in Seattle in early July 2009. I am reminded that this is my preferred place to stay in Seattle because of the quality of the rooms, the downtown location, and the attractive prices.

The hotel has been renovated sometime recently (within the last year, I believe), and the rooms are marvelous. The King bed in my room was extremely comfortable, there was a large LCD TV, a nice wok desk, cordless and corded phones and tasteful attractive decor including some quality art.

The location at 7th and Pine Streets in Seattle makes it very close to the Convention Center, and is surrounded by restaurants, movie theater, shopping and the like. The famous Pike Place Market is an easy walk of 7 blocks. My business was in the center of the business district, again within an easy walking distance, and Seattle has buses that are free to use inside the downtown area of the city.

The hotel has a nice small fitness center with new Precor gear. During my stay I had the fitness area to myself between 6 and 7 AM on a Thursday morning, usually prime workout times.

I paid $120/night for the room, which strikes me as a bargain.

My only complaint is that parking was $27/night to use the valet. While I travel enough to know that the valet parking option is rarely a cost effective way to go, I wish that the hotel made the cost more apparent, so that I could have decided whether I preferred to seek out a less expensive garage or alternative somewhere nearby.

I will definitely stay at the Paramount again.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business